Flight of Fancy (OOC/Interest Thread--OPEN!)

Started by Aisha deCabre, January 06, 2012, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 12, 2012, 11:20:59 AM
Quote from: justacritic on April 12, 2012, 10:45:10 AM
I wanted to see if I could give impressions depending on characterization instead of primarily using descriptions. Anyway you've got the slightly threadbare correctly, the reason why is for you and your character to wonder about. The fact that you've got your own impression on the state of Hobbies clothing somehow makes me rather happy.

Ah, good.  Jakob wasn't going to ask why, it didn't really seem polite.  He was more concerned with whether Hobbies could do with a help out, hence his offer to buy him food if he wants it.  If Hobbies was dressed like a prince, that would have been a little stupid :P

And on the other hand, the liner might not really like their hires looking like a tramp...

The performing artsy types I've noticed usually dress in one of three styles, overly extravagant, shamefully scandalous or rather shabbily. Which do you think the liner guests will take most offense?

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on April 13, 2012, 09:22:05 AM
The performing artsy types I've noticed usually dress in one of three styles, overly extravagant, shamefully scandalous or rather shabbily. Which do you think the liner guests will take most offense?

Well I don't know for sure, but I'd wager it'd be the shabby one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

I wasn't sure if we were supposed to be able to see the interference or not, Mel being Fae-powerful and all.  I did mean to ask before, but got sidetracked...

VAE

Tape brings up a good point, given that in most likelihood Vladim will show up in that deck , too.
(And yep, sorry, I should post but well, stupid holidays are sort of slowly transferring into an even more stupid exam period)

Supposed the flickers happen often enough, who would be able to perceive them?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mel Dragonkitty

The GMs will PM anyone who might have noticed anything weird. And while Mel is the most powerful magic-user on the ship she isn't anywhere near fae-level. Unless she has to get the bottle deus ex machina out of her purse.  :)
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Kafzeil

Oh My God I'm so sorry for taking so long. I'll post something soon, I promise.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sorry guys, but between finals and planning an upcoming trip, I've not had much time nor energy. But all that is out of the way now, and I'm going to try to have a big GM post up in a few hours.

Also, you guys are weird; I'm more used to yelling at the DM via PM or on an OOC thread. Yell louder :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on May 08, 2012, 02:06:25 PM
Sorry guys, but between finals and planning an upcoming trip, I've not had much time nor energy. But all that is out of the way now, and I'm going to try to have a big GM post up in a few hours.

Also, you guys are weird; I'm more used to yelling at the DM via PM or on an OOC thread. Yell louder :P

*snerk!* What, you don't count yourself lucky that we aren't bugged constantly by overly-involved character-centric Sues?  Shame on you.  :U
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

VAE

Uh buh.. Corgatha ...
My last exam is tomorrow 4pm GMT .. after that and some nappings i'll be finally able to post something.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: VAE on May 08, 2012, 05:06:56 PM
Uh buh.. Corgatha ...
My last exam is tomorrow 4pm GMT .. after that and some nappings i'll be finally able to post something.

Oh, ok; I'll wait up for you. One more day isn't going to mess things up, and I've got most of it written.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Corgatha Taldorthar

How come every time I make a prediction things go wrong?

Sorry, been having a bit of computer trouble; I'm posting from a friend's PC, but that doesn't have any of my notes. I could probably put a post together without them, but they're like a security blanket. I'm going to try to get things fixed tomorrow; or at least grit my teeth and put one up from a library computer.

Sorry to everyone who has been waiting.

Angel

No need to worry, Corg. With finals done, I'm free to write. Just waiting on Tezkat and Inumo.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Inumo

My bad, I didn't notice I was being spoken to.

Angel

No worries. I'll cook up a response later today.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Out of interest, how does the bar work?  Are things like drinks and food going on a tab for each 'room', paid for upfront or covered by the ticket price (which I gather is rather big)?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 21, 2012, 11:38:13 AM
Out of interest, how does the bar work?  Are things like drinks and food going on a tab for each 'room', paid for upfront or covered by the ticket price (which I gather is rather big)?

People who work for the ship  have an allowance for meals which is separate from their compensation.  For pretty much everyone else, it's like an airline, except with better food. If you want most normal stuff, it's complimentary. If you're asking for a drink of some sort of really expensive vintage or you want dragon-sized meals when you didn't specify that on your ticket, they'll charge you extra on site. (They'll accept credit). But generally, if it's not something they have to dig through in a storeroom to look for, it's probably complimentary.

Mel Dragonkitty

Just a note to our players that the plot will unfold slowly at first, gradually building up momentum. So feel free to start your own mini-plots within the game. Start a shipboard romance, steal a tacky blue diamond, learn to rollerskate! We'll love to see what you can make out of our environment. Just remember, the GMs are the only ones allowed to set things on fire.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Tipod

Sorry about being silent, had some finals and other assorted BS nagging me. I'll try and get something in by tomorrow at the latest.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Sunblink

Sorry about my inactivity for the past... few months, guys. I had laptop troubles, and after I finally got a replacement, the harddrive for that one was vaporized, along with what I had written of my FoF post. I should be okay now, but I need to continue from where I left off.

BOOOOOO.

Tipod

In case anyone was curious as to what Terry looks like, a friend of mine got me this. Bart included just because.

Aisha deCabre

Last of my posts before Anthrocon, huzzah. x3

Also, I must ask that since this RP is going so slow, I forgot where everyone happens to be located at this point and time (and thus it's hard for others, not just me, to mention any specific characters in the scene), so, everyone know where they are? xP I haven't time to go skimming through posts and look to see who's next to who and all that.  :U

May as well count this as an official head count, y'all.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Jakob is still sat at the bar with Mel at the moment, but when Hobbies' show is due to start, he will head off there.

VAE

Saphroneth

Inumo

Tipod

Terry's still playing cards at the blackjack table.

Lisky

Aleyna is at a poker table with Kaf and Pal

Bas is right by terry :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

justacritic

Hobbies is backstage preparing for the first act.

Kafzeil

Eden is flirting with Aleyna and Pal, while Kaf is going to get a drink with Aisha.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Angel

Kenyan is in the slave hold, keeping an eye on Xyrtia and Mateo.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

SquirrelWizard

Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...