7/29/2011 [DMFA #1233] - But I dun wanna go!

Started by Paladin Sheppard, July 29, 2011, 04:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

*snerk* Awesome move there Abel >:3

Tapewolf

So did Fa'Lina predict this?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 29, 2011, 04:11:50 AM
*snerk* Awesome move there Abel >:3

Gets into announcer attire*
Grabs microphone*
Dan surprised Abel with a trolling, but it seems Abel is living up to his reputation of being the snark-master. This is turning into quite the match folks!

Les

And watch as it turns out Dan and Mink get along fantastically.   :mwaha
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Les on July 29, 2011, 06:06:35 AM

I do have to wonder how Mink will react to Dan being an adventurer.

justacritic

Mink doesn't strike me as the type who would dislike someone because they were an adventurer before after it was mentioned some adventurers have become cubi besides what's
the worst that Mink would do? Talk Dan into a mindless stupor?

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on July 29, 2011, 07:54:12 AM
Mink doesn't strike me as the type who would dislike someone because they were an adventurer before after it was mentioned some adventurers have become cubi besides [...]

True, he did forgive the people who killed his mother, which I had forgotten.  That said, Mink's aim is (was?) to become a healer, and Dan's profession is pretty much the exact opposite of that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm wondering if Squiggly and Bonehead will start comparing notes on healing; having some healing spells would be useful, for use on one's own self, if nothing else...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

nevwyn

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2011, 08:17:51 AM
Mink doesn't strike me as the type who would dislike someone because they were an adventurer before after it was mentioned some adventurers have become cubi besides [...]

True, he did forgive the people who killed his mother, which I had forgotten.  That said, Mink's aim is (was?) to become a healer, and Dan's profession is pretty much the exact opposite of that.

Yeah but Dan's said the reason he does what he does is to protect people. So its not like Dan goes out of his way to hurt people, I mean aside from DP and Regina.

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 29, 2011, 08:57:52 AM
I'm wondering if Squiggly and Bonehead will start comparing notes on healing; having some healing spells would be useful, for use on one's own self, if nothing else...

I'm wondering what if Dan brings Mink back with him. >:3

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2011, 08:17:51 AM

Also true, but their is a difference between forgiving someone and being chummy with someone.

So Mink might be a little distant at first when he learns about Dan profession and might even snap at him if he let's some of the stupid things said to Abel slip out.

Then again Mink is incredibly laid back in the Abel story arc. I guess it really depends if Mink's changed any since then. :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on July 29, 2011, 11:37:17 AM
So Mink might be a little distant at first when he learns about Dan profession and might even snap at him if he let's some of the stupid things said to Abel slip out.

I see that as the worst case, unless Mink has changed radically.  Frankly I'd be surprised if it fazed him at all.

Attic Rat

The fact that Dan has managed to delay being taken to Saia is kind of... impressive.
Are the two warp aci cooperating, or working against each other?
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ooo. I also note that everyone has missed something vitally important.

Fa'Lina has a muffin in panel 1. We must be on plan C already...

Madd the Sane

Huh, I think that's the first time I've seen the lake :mowdizzy
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Madmann135

That is some impressive stubbornness on Dan's part.  Not only is he holding off on Fa'Lina but Fi and a new Warp-Aci.
...And Able lives up to his troll-ness...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

mad_pooka

Quote from: joshofspam on July 29, 2011, 11:37:17 AM

Then again Mink is incredibly laid back in the Abel story arc. I guess it really depends if Mink's changed any since then. :B

That's true, it's been a few centuries comic time sense we last saw Mink, a lot can happen to a person in that time (in theory anyway, people seem to loose track of time in the SAIA)

On a semi-unrelated topic, I can't help but speculate on what I might think Mink to be like if I hadn't read Abel's Story, where we wouldn't know about Mink or maybe even Clan Jin

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 29, 2011, 09:53:35 PM
That is some impressive stubbornness on Dan's part.  Not only is he holding off on Fa'Lina but Fi and a new Warp-Aci.

That would be Fu (according to this strip)... Were you not paying attention? ;-]

FairWage22

Didn't notice on the first look-through, but the prints in the first frame are kinda neat.

But, onto the topic at hand.

Any sympathy or empathy that Fa'lina had for Abel is probably evaporating by the second now.  Abel managed to make a tense situation into a stand-off of sorts, at least in the short-term.

Of course, there's also a different thought-chain here--Dan's acting like this to screw with Abel and when he's out of sight will be like most 'cubi 'It seemed like a good idea at the time'.
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

lilpuppy23

I have a feeling that Dan is going to SAIA with Lost Lake's front door...

Madmann135

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on July 30, 2011, 02:20:26 PM
I have a feeling that Dan is going to SAIA with Lost Lake's front door...

Front door!?  I can see Dan arriving with a sizable chunk of the wall (followed by Fi'Lana and Alexsi battling over who's the most scariest ($100 on Lexsi)).

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 30, 2011, 09:06:58 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on July 29, 2011, 09:53:35 PM

That would be Fu (according to this strip)... Were you not paying attention? ;-]
I pay attention... I just did not recollect 'his' name.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 30, 2011, 07:06:17 PM
Front door!?  I can see Dan arriving with a sizable chunk of the wall (followed by Fi'Lana and Alexsi battling over who's the most scariest ($100 on Lexsi)).

*cough* *grin*

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 31, 2011, 05:14:00 AM

*cough* *grin*

I'm sorry you two, but I'm going to have to bet on Fa'lina.

Though Alexsi can be scary, I think your down playing Fa'lina's feel of being a mother and a grandmotherly figure she gives.

Let's face it, my grandmother was from somewhere in the British kingdom and while she could be fair and loving, she had an arsenal of evil eye,  sharp mind, and if all else failed a whole slew of wooden spoons. Most of that passed down to mom to keep me in line.

At 4 foot something and me being around 5 foot 8, I guess you could guess that no one in my family took her for granted when in the same room as her.

justacritic

I would bet on Alexsi cause she's only lost thrice and all those were to her stepmother...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on July 31, 2011, 11:41:36 AM
*cough* *grin*

Are you reading the same conversation I'm reading, josh? I don't wish to criticise, but your comment bears little relation to the previous few, and no relation at all to what I was talking about, to whit, Madmann claiming to pay attention whilst still managing to get Fa'Lina's name incorrect.

Cogidubnus

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 31, 2011, 01:37:40 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on July 31, 2011, 11:41:36 AM
*cough* *grin*

Are you reading the same conversation I'm reading, josh? I don't wish to criticise, but your comment bears little relation to the previous few, and no relation at all to what I was talking about, to whit, Madmann claiming to pay attention whilst still managing to get Fa'Lina's name incorrect.

Ah, I see.

Sorry Llearch, sort of misinterpreted that. As a start on thinking who would be more scarier and I thought you agreed with Madman. (Though I meant no true ill will to either of you, I was just playing along at what I thought was said at the time.)

Though now that you pointed it out, I can't really see how I could make such a blunder. But apparently I did. :erk

Alondro

First, Dan was the troll.

Now Abel has troll revenge!

And Dan seems to be quite powerful now!  Look at how hard Fa'lina has to strain to pull him from the door frame!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Joe3210

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 29, 2011, 02:38:17 PM
Ooo. I also note that everyone has missed something vitally important.

Fa'Lina has a muffin in panel 1. We must be on plan C already...

Muffins?

Moar like cups of cake to me. :<
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Angel

:aack ...That's the nicest thing Abel's ever said about ANYBODY.

I mean, sure, Dan and Fa'Lina know that he said it to be a troll, but think about what Mink has done for Abel. He's made him break out of a depressed stupor and act at least a little responsive, twice. He's also the only person to whom Abel has ever shown empathy, and the only person in the whole Academy besides Fa'Lina who ever stuck up for him or helped him just for the sake of it, not out of some feeling of obligation.

What Abel is saying is that without Mink, he'd be even WORSE than he is now. If not for Mink, he may have ended up like his dad, or worse. In a way, it's almost heartbreaking that he cares so much about Mink to say something so nice.  :cry

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2011, 06:15:17 AM
Quote from: Les on July 29, 2011, 06:06:35 AM

I do have to wonder how Mink will react to Dan being an adventurer.

Oooooooh snap I forgot about this. Hopefully, Mink forgives Dan for his profession like he forgave the man who killed his mother. But he had a few hundred years to do that, so...maybe not so quickly with Dan.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Maark30

I just wonder what sort of revenge Fa'lina is going to get against Able for this one.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club