05/16/2011 [DMFA #1219] - Trust is the sign of a true friendship

Started by RandomMetaphysics, May 16, 2011, 02:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Dan's face in that last panel is screaming "you mad?" at me :U
I love it >:3

Also, anyone else notice that Abel seems to have... rubbed off on Dan a bit?

Blackwolf359

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on May 16, 2011, 02:42:53 AM
Maybe a little.

Heh, awesome update overall. DMFA continues to be my favorite source of laughs when I find I am in need of one :P
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump and grab them so they can race you to the bottom :P

POODLE! That is all.

Sofox

Love Abel's elbow pose in the first panel, I've seen people do that in real life a lot but I think that's the first time I've seen it in any comic.

Tapewolf

I hope Dan actually is coming to terms with the whole 'Cubi thing rather than just saying this to annoy Abel.  Ah well, maybe he can bring back a souvenir from the Academy or something...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AxiLarin

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2011, 04:20:52 AM
I hope Dan actually is coming to terms with the whole 'Cubi thing rather than just saying this to annoy Abel.  Ah well, maybe he can bring back a souvenir from the Academy or something...

I think he is serious about it.  It seems like he has come to understand how complicated life can be for Cubi and how easily they can be villianized by beings.  ....It just also happens to be a convenient way to zing Abel and stick him with a month of work.
You know, you'd think that Dan would have used up most of the vacation time from the last several years by going on his various adventures.  It's a good thing he has seniority, I guess.  ;)

Amber Williams

Dressari

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 16, 2011, 05:35:57 AM

Haha awesome now watch as we see that spread across image boards around the net ensuring even more that Amber will conquer the Earth... eventually.

OminousShadow

When did Dan get smart enough to pull something like this?
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

e_voyager

Quote from: Blackwolf359 on May 16, 2011, 03:21:39 AM
Maybe a little.

Heh, awesome update overall. DMFA continues to be my favorite source of laughs when I find I am in need of one :P

Dan did ask if he could be as big a jerk as able one day ( http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_658.php ) but i don't think able expected him to  make such swift progress.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jasonrevall

No matter what I do, Abel now has a french accent XD.

It's good to see Dan win sometimes with even the small things  :3
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Infranscia

Quote from: Dressari on May 16, 2011, 06:02:13 AM
Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on May 16, 2011, 02:42:53 AMDan's face in that last panel is screaming "you mad?" at me :U

Haha awesome now watch as we see that spread across image boards around the net ensuring even more that Amber will conquer the Earth... eventually.

Hee~  Dan be trollin'.  Much win, Amber.  *saves and re-uploads to her own Photobucket* :mowsmile

Heh.  I'm sure I can find plenty of uses for that one.

I figured Abel would talk to Alexi about it.  I mean, he is the one that told Dan to confront Jyrras because the problem won't just go away.  I didn't expect the Cubi argument(s), though.  Well played, boys/Amber.  Well played.  :mowwink
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Akisohida

Is it just me or does it look like Abel is inhaling in surprise in the third panel, due to the pattern on the poster behind him?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

joshofspam

And thus the proof of Trolls existing in Furrae has been revealed, Hazzah!

Dan could always get another guide. Like Mink for instance, Abel could get enough time to at least set up someone to keep Dan out of trouble. :)

Though if Abel is such friends with the Warp-Aci population there he could ask them. Though from past performances of Dan's Warp-Aci. I'm not sure that would be a good idea.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

CoyoteCaliente

Interesting turn of events. I know this is probably too late in the day to bring about any valuable discussion, but this seems almost like a case of Trading Places. Dan will be at the Academy on his own, taking Abel's usual place, and Abel will be assisting with the Inn (though, I'm not sure if Dan 'assisted' as much as cause mayhem, to be honest).

Maybe they'll both be out of their element enough that they'll be forced to somewhat reevaluate their perspectives.

Or they'll just be disgruntled and pop quips the entire time until they meet again. :U

But I honestly think it'll be something akin to a 'learning' experience for both of them. Obviously Dan will be learning the deeper ways of his race, and Abel will be learning how to... well, run an inn. But I think eventually something deeper and emotionally impacting will happen.

/end text dump of unwarranted plot wishes prediction
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Alondro

*Charline is pleased!*  Excellent!  Dan is learning the manipulative ways of the Cubi at last!  Soon, one with the Dark Side he shall be!   :mwaha

And when I get home today, I am going to Photoshop a troll face on Dan, just because it must be done.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Anker Steadfast

LOL, Abel had the Puppy Dog Eyes out in the third panel, he was really getting close to making Alexi let him go too.  :D

In fact, he looks like he could use a hug in that panel.

... I'm not gay, stop judging meeee !!!

:U

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Alterationartist

One of the perks of being an (former) adventurer is justifying one's selfish pleasure for the benefit of others. [See: Link's uncanny vandalism streak]
Round 9!

D'ymkarra

Shenanigans aside....The robe hath returned!

I honestly think Dan has realized how much Abel is loathing life outside of the academy; He saw an opportunity, and he took it  :mowtongue
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

CoyoteCaliente

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 16, 2011, 07:01:16 PM

*judges judges judges*

I'M JUDGING YOU. :U

9/10 ON THE SCALE OF INCRIMINATING STATEMENTS.

10/10 ON THE SCALE OF IT REALLY DOESN'T HELP YOUR CASE ANY.

I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Arrith

I love that smile, it's the smile of somebody's who has his cake and ate it too.
I'd turn it into an avatar, but i
A. Don't have permission of the artist.
And
B. Couldn't make an avatar to save my life. 
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

VAE

Quote from: Arrith on May 16, 2011, 10:04:39 PM
I love that smile, it's the smile of somebody's who has his cake and ate it too.
I'd turn it into an avatar, but i
A. Don't have permission of the artist.
And
B. Couldn't make an avatar to save my life. 
You mean, like this one?

Now, all you need is the permission i guess :3
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Arrith

yes. That is perfect. Excuse me a moment.
*walks outside and makes a particularly fanboyish noise before walking back inside*
OK done.
And now! to wait until Amber comes back on.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

Russano_Greenstripe

Quote from: Arrith on May 16, 2011, 10:41:01 PM
*walks outside and makes a particularly fanboyish noise before walking back inside*
OK done.

From the "About" section on the site:

Q: Can I use your art for ____?
A: It depends. Feel more than free to use the art if you want to A) Print it and put it on a book or locker or any personal use B)link it in your journal or use certain images for icons or IDs or avatars C) Burn it in a big bonfire. However I would be very happy if you didn't use it in A)Things that are for profit like prints or whatnot B)editing them and then claiming them as your own.(or not even editing them.) The usual common sense artist stuff really.

Arrith

Quote from: Russano_Greenstripe on May 16, 2011, 10:48:59 PM
Quote from: Arrith on May 16, 2011, 10:41:01 PM
OK done.

From the "About" section on the site:

Q: Can I use your art for ____?
A: It depends. Feel more than free to use the art if you want to A) Print it and put it on a book or locker or any personal use B)link it in your journal or use certain images for icons or IDs or avatars C) Burn it in a big bonfire. However I would be very happy if you didn't use it in A)Things that are for profit like prints or whatnot B)editing them and then claiming them as your own.(or not even editing them.) The usual common sense artist stuff really.

^ makes me feel unobservant. Because i read that section.
But ooo avatary goodness.
It just seems discourteous of me not to ask though.

InsanityRequiem

Hurkblarg! The cute! Abel's cute in panel 3! :mowdizzy

It's uber-duber cute! And that stray falling hair strand doesn't help. :)
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Attic Rat

Quote from: Akisohida on May 16, 2011, 11:58:28 AM
Is it just me or does it look like Abel is inhaling in surprise in the third panel, due to the pattern on the poster behind him?

Or maybe... A spit - take?

Or maybe not. That would be silly.

Dan is truly becoming Abel's protege, a jerk of incomparable wonderfulness.

(To the tune: The streak)

Oh yes, they call him the jerk!
(Look-a-dat, look-a-dat!)
A real Cubi piece of work!
Look-a-dat, look-a-dat!)
He's just as likely as rain,
to cause you a pain -
And just look at him smirk!

Oh yes, they call him the jerk!
There is no way that he'll shirk!
a chance to make you wince,
Yes, he is the prince -
Of that particular quirk!

:erk  :mwaha  :erk
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

nevwyn

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 16, 2011, 07:01:16 PM
LOL, Abel had the Puppy Dog Eyes out in the third panel, he was really getting close to making Alexi let him go too.  :D

In fact, he looks like he could use a hug in that panel.

*sits next to and stares at Anker* I'm Judging yooou! I'm judging yooou! I'm judging yooou!  :mowmeep

Thirty Second Artbomb

Ladies and gentlebeings, Amber has now been confirmed for Brawl as being the best person on the internet this month.