Fa'Lina's Clan

Started by SilentSoror, November 01, 2010, 01:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentSoror

So ... I was reading through the clans in the Demo. 101 section.

Now I was wondering if Taun can inact a ritual that allows an adventurer to become a cubi, would Fa'lina be similarly capable?  I know it says you can't convert a cubi over to a clan with no members, but can you create a cubi from a non-cubi individual under a memberless clan?  I dunno I think that is Fa'lina could she might have already tried by now, but then maybe she's just waiting for the right individual to come along.

Perhaps it's a bit fanboyish but I wanna know ... Let's face it the Hope Clan being without any Hope is pretty ironic or at least a little depressing.

Howl

I believe I read somewhere that by turning a being into a cubi personally, the strength of the cubi doing it is lessened. I doubt Fa'Lina would risk that when she needs to keep SAIA in working order, even if it would work.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SilentSoror on November 01, 2010, 01:46:01 PM
Now I was wondering if Taun can inact a ritual that allows an adventurer to become a cubi, would Fa'lina be similarly capable?  I know it says you can't convert a cubi over to a clan with no members, but can you create a cubi from a non-cubi individual under a memberless clan?

I think you need an existing clan member for that too, from what I've heard.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Howl on November 01, 2010, 02:34:44 PM
I believe I read somewhere that by turning a being into a cubi personally, the strength of the cubi doing it is lessened. I doubt Fa'Lina would risk that when she needs to keep SAIA in working order, even if it would work.

But a creature to cubi may not be so much a strain.  Pyro may volunteer. Of course, the rules or the power need to do it would harder with a dragon. or something.  

Fa'lina may want to try to convert someone, someday into her Clan.  But the true be told she is already the mother of all the clans.  With the exception of a few triwinged leaders, she has touch and help raise every living cubi today.  I am sure that means something in the world of the triwings.

PBH  

Starcat5

Last I heard, a Tri-Wing can't convert anyone his/herself. He/She gave that up at the same time he/she gave up the ability to have kids the old fashioned way. It is the main reason I am hoping Jyrus goes into genetics next. First he would need to patch together a complete readout of Fa`Lina's DNA. This could be the deal breaker, if she has become so magic based that a piece of her DNA is absent from EVERY cell in her body. If it is just a piece missing here in one cell, and a different piece missing in a different copy, than he can still splice it back together. Then he would need to use it to make an artificial spermatozoa, and find a lady willing to actually carry the kid for nine months. That, or acquire a viable egg cell, and use some sort of freaky, scifi-ish, artificial womb. The end result would HOPEFULLY be a little cubi girl (two X chromosomes, remember) with two mothers. Of course, even then, would the kid be of Fa`Lina's clan simply because they are related, or would the girl be technically clanless?
:mowdizzy
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Prof B Hunnydew

Geesh It maybe easier to just built a time-machine or worm-hole and go back to the age before the Cubi-dragon war.  Once there, Kidnap/rescue one of Fa'lina's kin just before they death.    Pulling them out of the time stream would feel like they die to Falina. And then bring them back here to this time.

I am sure that the Tri-wing status burns away all one's own DNA, which is why the clan leader themselves don't count as a member of their own clans.

PBH

Attic Rat

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on November 01, 2010, 05:12:37 PM
Geesh It maybe easier to just built a time-machine or worm-hole and go back to the age before the Cubi-dragon war.  Once there, Kidnap/rescue one of Fa'lina's kin just before they death.    Pulling them out of the time stream would feel like they die to Falina. And then bring them back here to this time.

I am sure that the Tri-wing status burns away all one's own DNA, which is why the clan leader themselves don't count as a member of their own clans.

PBH

Without DNA, no wound would ever heal...
Okay, enough real-world science. I'll be good...  :rolleyes
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Amber Williams

Fa'Lina's clan shall never see a revival.  And soon Fa'Lina will die herself! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Ghostwish

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 01, 2010, 08:19:13 PM
Fa'Lina's clan shall never see a revival.  And soon Fa'Lina will die herself! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

>:O Why do you preform such evil upon us!? I'd wish a sickness on you, but it seems you have servings a plenty of that, so I shall simply punch at your karma in a passive aggressive angst. Rawr.

joshofspam

Fa'Lina's clan shall never see a revival.  And soon Fa'Lina will die herself! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

That would probably cause a little confusion at the Academy. After all isn't the campus dependent on Fa'lina's existence?  :cry

Though I often wonder if Fa'lina is the academy and the students are walking inside her. Be kind of awkward if you were talking to her one minute then suddenly she died and you end up face to face with a man sized appendix.

Still one would hope she made plans ahead of time to continue the academies work if she dies. :mowsad
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madd the Sane

Define "soon." Time is relative, after all. :P
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Madd the Sane on November 01, 2010, 09:09:52 PM

Truth...As Cyra said herself, anything under a decade, I believe?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

iceick

Quote from: D'ymkarra on November 01, 2010, 10:30:08 PM

That's according to Cyra. Cyra has lived longer than Amber, but not as long as Fa'lina, so giving those figures I'd say probably either 1 year our time or 15 years comic time (give or take).

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on November 01, 2010, 08:38:23 PM
Still one would hope she made plans ahead of time to continue the academies work if she dies. :mowsad

I imagine she has foreseen it.  In any case, since so many clans use it there would surely be some kind of successor organisation.  You might have several.  'New SAIA', 'The Succubus and Incubus Polytechnic...'

Fa'Lina's clan shall never see a revival.  And soon Fa'Lina will die herself! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'd start to worry when she can't foresee things within the academy.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prof B Hunnydew

So long as there is life, there is hope  As long as there is Hope than fight to survive....is what my uncle believes
Yet If Hope should die, then Is there Life?   

I hope Amber is only toying with us... But If Fa'lina does die, then Hope should survive, if Mabs has any say in it.

PBH

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Ghostwish on November 01, 2010, 08:27:49 PM

>:O Why do you preform such evil upon us!? I'd wish a sickness on you, but it seems you have servings a plenty of that, so I shall simply punch at your karma in a passive aggressive angst. Rawr.

And now we know why Amber is sick all the time.  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

I believe that it has been mentioned that the entire DMFA strip is going to end sometime in the next few years.  Amber hasn't said anything about how Fa'Lina will die.  She could have a heroic death (like that of Spock at the end of The Wrath of Kahn, and remember he returned in the next film) saving both the dragon and cubi races and creating an era of peace and prosperity.  Alternatively, she could slip on a cosmic banana peel.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

SilentSoror

End? pooh!

NooooooooooOOOOoooo!

Throws self about like possession!

Ah well, I can't wait!  I've been writing myself and having some sort of timeline for end date means she's got story down somewhere.

Things have really turned into a plot soup and there are an awesome number of mysteries to be solved or revealed.  I can't wait but I must!  .... but when it's over .... how long will she have the website up?  So I start backing-up everything for the Shrine now? or should I wait until it's all through?  ....

Guess permisson would be the next step.  Love you Amber!

VAE

Quote from: Naldru on November 03, 2010, 03:40:13 PM
I believe that it has been mentioned that the entire DMFA strip is going to end sometime in the next few years.  Amber hasn't said anything about how Fa'Lina will die.  She could have a heroic death (like that of Spock at the end of The Wrath of Kahn, and remember he returned in the next film) saving both the dragon and cubi races and creating an era of peace of prosperity.  Alternatively, she could slip on a cosmic banana peel.
Why would anyone want to save dragon race ? [insert ebil Destania face]
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Lego3400

Speculation: Perhaps Fa'Lina was one of 5 people Mab befriended and one of the ones she knows is going to die.

iceick

I was just thinking about a Nostrodomas prophecy:
Sometime within the next ten years the comic will either end naturally, or from Amber dying (along with everyone else) from the appocolipse, or we will all be enslaved by the next world power and Amber will be forced to continue the comic.

Nino

See the next time Amber says something cannot be done, like non-soulless hollows, or reviving a clan with no members left in it, you guys will know she means business!

Plus loopholes are really obvious easy plot twists to come up with. "such and such that has never been done before has just been done! OH NOES"

AmberCross

Learning that there is an end planned to DMFA in the relatively near future is actually surprisingly reassuring to me. There is nothing worse than a something good forced to continue going beyond where it should have naturally ended. There is no greater example of this than The Wheel of Time series. :/ The day when I will no longer be able to look forward to DMFA updates will be a sad one, but it will be offset by the end of a very satisfying read. It will probably be a lot like when Ozy and Millie ended a while back, or finishing a particularly good book. In all, I hope it doesn't happen too soon, but it's better than not happening at all.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Naldru on November 03, 2010, 03:40:13 PMAlternatively, she could slip on a cosmic banana peel.

Now that it has been said, it must happen !!

:D

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Naldru on November 03, 2010, 03:40:13 PM
I believe that it has been mentioned that the entire DMFA strip is going to end sometime in the next few years.  Amber hasn't said anything about how Fa'Lina will die.  She could have a heroic death (like that of Spock at the end of The Wrath of Kahn, and remember he returned in the next film) saving both the dragon and cubi races and creating an era of peace of prosperity.  Alternatively, she could slip on a cosmic banana peel.

When the comic finally does end I hope the Demonology 101 will be finished...And I have faith, Amber does have other stories to write... I hope.  or Amber will have to look for a real job. :mwaha   (edit: Amber really works hard on her comic, for little pay.)

PBH

Anker Steadfast

Well, if she doesn't, I'm sure she has a bunch of fanfics lying about that could be used for inspiration.  :D

AmigaDragon

But, "soon" could be by a measure of a tri-wing's lifetime, instead of a being's.
Quote from: D'ymkarra on November 01, 2010, 10:30:08 PM

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2010, 05:17:40 AMI imagine she has foreseen it.

Or someone else has.

Quotethere would surely be some kind of successor organisation.

Maybe she plans for Pyro to take over administration.

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on November 04, 2010, 01:39:37 PMWhen the comic finally does end I hope the Demonology 101 will be finished...And I have faith, Amber does have other stories to write... I hope.
Just because DMFA ends doesn't necessarily mean that she won't write a sequel or spin-off.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Cassi-kun

If I remember right, the strip doesn't say Taun MADE him a Cubi, it just says he underwent a ritual to become one... it doesn't specify if/how another Cubi is required for the ritual to be successful.

If no existing Cubi are necessary, then theoretically there could be clanless self-made Cubi floating around.

Could be. Probably aren't. I can't imagine the actual ritual being known to anyone BUT the Cubi.

Quote from: joshofspam on November 01, 2010, 08:38:23 PM
After all isn't the campus dependent on Fa'lina's existence?  :cry
I think the other Cubi on staff help maintain the barriers that keep it safe from the rest of the world, but I think the academy itself might be a physical location?
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Anri

D:

Whalefreezer

I hope you're not meaning this soon. :<