[Art] Daily Drawing

Started by Cameron, November 10, 2010, 05:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

For your viewing pleasure and to get myself to do more art, here's a thread of frequent (not necessarily daily, perhaps) drawings. Feel free to join in, kinda like daily art aerobics!  :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Now drawing the webcomic Li'l Mell.

WhiteFox

D'awww! That's adorable. I like the strokes for the fur.

Imma go get my sketchbook.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Cameron

WhiteFox

I love scratchy art styles. The fabric around the abdomen is very expressive. Did you use white strokes (or an eraser) on the hair and sleeve?

Out of curiosity: is this partially or entirely digital?

Quote from: Cameron on November 10, 2010, 05:10:57 PM
Feel free to join in, kinda like daily art aerobics!  :)

Don't mind if I do! I did a bunch of studies yesterday, trying to render metallic surfaces with hatching.

Media: India Ink on sketchbook paper.
Tools: Hunt 513 nib (Globe Point, large nib), Hunt 107 (Hawk quill, smaller nib), Google Image Search (for ref. pics)

First attempt.
Looks alright, but came out awfully dark.
A flat plate with an irregular surface.
Not bad, not bad... not really bad.
Another cylinder, with perpendicular hatching instead of lengthwise.
The hatching came out okay, but took a very long time to do. The shape looks lumpy, too.
A version of the above object, viewed squarely in profile.
Second shot at a cylinder with lengthwise hatching.
I don't like how heavy the lines look.

And something I did today:

Development sketch for a design I'll be using in a comic. It's supposed to be a flame and smoke motif, done in filigree. This is really messed up: I screwed up about a third of it, and need to redesign another third. Still... It's looking good.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Cameron

Quote from: WhiteFox on November 13, 2010, 06:13:23 PM
I love scratchy art styles. The fabric around the abdomen is very expressive. Did you use white strokes (or an eraser) on the hair and sleeve?

Out of curiosity: is this partially or entirely digital?

White strokes. The second one there is entirely digital, the first is pencil, "inked" with a digital filter. This one's digital, too:

I really like that filigree thing, BTW.

James StarRunner

Your art style is very familiar somehow... I think I may have seen your work before.

Cameron

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 14, 2010, 09:18:51 PM
Your art style is very familiar somehow... I think I may have seen your work before.

I've been on this forum for a long time, and I've done fanart for DMFA before, so I'm not surprised.

Anyway, I've been too distracted to post the last few days, but I've still been drawing, so here's a catch-up collection: