Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {03}

Started by shadowterm, June 12, 2008, 04:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: psilorder on March 10, 2010, 06:22:35 PM
oh, right there was one more thing. would it be allright for him to have a regular motorcycle?
asked before but didnt get an answer if it would be allright for him to have a normal vehicle for simple transportation.

That's fine.  If you're going to make any modifications to it, keep it within reason and somewhat quasi-realistic.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

psilorder

thanks. it will be a normal mc for the time, with a sadelbag or two for storing things.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm still waiting to see if Fet's flanking maneuver worked.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, who are we stalled on now? Come on people, this RP's been going on for three years, don't let it die now! D:

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 23, 2010, 11:39:06 PM
Yeah, who are we stalled on now? Come on people, this RP's been going on for three years, don't let it die now! D:

I'm wondering if Ryudo's busy.

Ryudo Lee

Yes... busy... that's right... really busy. :shifty

I'll get something up soon... it's probably time to put an end to this encounter... I mean, it's only been going on for how many weeks?

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on March 24, 2010, 02:52:41 PM
Yes... busy... that's right... really busy. :shifty

I'll get something up soon... it's probably time to put an end to this encounter... I mean, it's only been going on for how many weeks?

Take your time, I really am enjoying DAO: Awakening.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

psilorder

gah, starting to get altoholism :(
Though that's normal for me i suppose.....never could make my mind up proper....

where would one put a topic just for creating worlds/RPs/characters?

techmaster-glitch

I made a topic for that, "general discussion and pitch zone". I think it's dead now...

psilorder

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 27, 2010, 11:01:41 PM
I made a topic for that, "general discussion and pitch zone". I think it's dead now...

oh, bummer.

Ryudo Lee

Sorry for the long delay, my situation down here is getting difficult for me lately.

techmaster-glitch

Yikes, I hope you can resolve whatever the problem is...

But then, we're finally moving along again! Yay!

Ryudo Lee

It will take awhile.  But lets move this along as much as we can.

Azlan

I was waiting for others to post before I do so, how Morgan procedes is dependent on the actions of others.

Ryudo Lee

So then we're waiting on Jexx, Fet, then Morgan.

techmaster-glitch

Oh, whoops! Eh heh heh...I couldn't really think of much for Jexx to do at the moment :/ I'll see if I can get something up today...

psilorder

would it be allright if i redesigned my character?
leaning towards something other then forcefields now....

Ryudo Lee

Sure, go for it.  You've got time.  Real life is kicking my butt right now.

Ryudo Lee

We're waiting on me.
Yes, I will get things up to date soon.
No, life and work are not letting up on me here.
Blarg.  :C

Sprocketsdance

:< I hope things get better for you soon! And no worries, just do what you can do ^^

psilorder

hmm, how much circumstantial stuff can one add to ones char?

not stuff that increases combat effectiveness or anything, just stuff he has that effects him.

am currently thinking bout this....

- Biologicaly contrustructed machine intelligence - Implanted with a culture of controled metalexcreting bacteria, Arin soon grew an artificial intelligence in and around his own head. However it was not a full intelligence but rather limited to integrating with Arins mind and forcing certain decisions.

this wouldnt be a combat computer in the sense of increasing accuracy in a quick fashion.
it could technically but it would be like one person looking at a computerscreen and telling the gunner afterthe gunner has given that person the data to put into the computer.

it could however act as an artificial conscience and force him to put in more time at the shootingrange by being jacked into certain biofunctions.

Ryudo Lee

I am putting this on hold for awhile.  Things have taken a turn for the worse here.  I will give full details at a later time.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 16, 2010, 12:29:04 PM
I am putting this on hold for awhile.  Things have taken a turn for the worse here.  I will give full details at a later time.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.  Here's hoping things pick up, I have enjoyed this RP and I still what to know what the Brotherhood are about, plot-wise :P

Azlan

I fully understand, I hope things get better and you can find the time to continue.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Hope things improve for you shortly, Ryudo.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

ShadesFox

Indeed, hope things improve for you Ryudo.  I've been enjoying lurking and reading on this RP :3
The All Purpose Fox

Ryudo Lee

Might as well let them go out with a bang.  I think I covered everyone there.

Edit:
Added psilorder's character to the character list, but listed him as pending approval.  Can we get some comments on his character and all the additions he made?

psilorder

Sorry i'm posting so late.
School got more heavy and i plumb forgot.
But anyway, to clarify, those were things i was contemplating.
And not as additions for the posted complete character but as ground for a totally reworked character.
I am however not sure where i was going with it anymore.

Ryudo Lee

Before I continue on, I want to reassure everyone that I intend to see this one through.  In that spirit, I'd like to address a few questions that have cropped up in the past, and some that haven't really been spoken of, but I'm sure everyone wants to know.

Where have I been?
In short, I have been working, at my job.  When I first started this job, it was a lot of simple break/fix assignments.  Nowadays though, things are changing internally, and while I cannot go into specifics, suffice it to say that I've been spending more time on administrative duties than on actual tech work.  It's mentally exhausting, and by the time I do get to do some surfing, I don't wanna think.  The good news is that I finally have some help, so some of the administrative duties will be able to be delegated.  I will shortly start getting back into the swing of things.

It's kinda hard to see where this story is headed.  Obviously, the Brotherhood will be fought and/or destroyed, but is that going to be it?
Not entirely.  I've been working on this world: it's people, their culture, their history.  You got a little teaser at the beginning - there was magic, there was an awesome war, now there's no magic except for what little is starting to make a comeback.  The history of the world and the group's actions in the present will make an affect on the world's future, as a whole.  Eventually the Brotherhood will have to be dealt with, even this "Mother" character will have to be handled.  And yes, I've planned that encounter already, I'm hoping you will all like it.  In short, this world has some depth and I am hoping that you will all be able to get into it as deeply as possible.  It's not simply "go kill the Brotherhood, for great justice!!!" (even though it may seem like that right now), but rather it's about telling the story of the whole world, your characters learning about it's rich history, it's terrible apocalypse, and it's eventual rebirth.  All if it can come together and make, IMHO, one heck of a story.

I've noticed that the government doesn't take much action here, what gives?
This something I should have really mentioned earlier, and far more publicly.  The government is pretty much corrupt to the bone.  I was hoping that it would be fairly obvious, since there are these two armed factions having firefights in the streets, and there's been no military response to speak of (think of MJ12 vs Silhouette in France, a la Deus Ex, only on a much broader scale, and Silhouette is much better armed and trained).  The government pretty much takes bribes from both sides so they will just sit back and let the rebels and Brotherhood duke it out.  Civilians do suffer, but the rebels have a better reputation due to the fact that they try to keep civilians out of the crossfire, while in contrast, the Brotherhood treats civilians like targets.

Another thing I've noticed, neither the rebels nor the Brotherhood have any kind of air force, what gives?
That is by design.  The government controls air space, period.  Think of the Navigators Guild in Dune.  Same situation here.  The government controls the skies, no if's and's or but's about it.  No amount of bribery works on this point, it's the only thing they will stand firm on.  The next question would be: why?  The answer: you may find out eventually.

The rebels don't seem to keen on providing all the information that we need, why do they do that?
This is a GM limitation.  I don't think of everything.  But this is also why the OOC thread exists, so you guys can tell me what I didn't think of, or may have forgotten.  As much as you guys rely on me to keep the story moving along, I rely on you guys to point out things that I miss out on.

If you have other questions or problems (or plot holes) that you'd like addressed, let me know.