03/08/2010 [DMFA #1133] - Photogenic

Started by Tapewolf, August 03, 2010, 04:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: terrycloth on August 04, 2010, 08:17:02 PM
The 'shapeshifting exam' was a figure of speech, Anker -- 'are you good enough not to be eaten by griffons? That's the real test' sort of thing. He's going to Jyrras' place because he said he was going to Jyrras' place after Lorenda asked him to go talk to Jyrras.

Oh yeah - I had already forgot that Lorenda got him to move away from the television, only to be trapped herself.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 05, 2010, 01:27:59 AM
2. Abel is from a small clan.   Probably no more then 1-3 members and unlike Cyra clan (Which is just as small) isn't infamous.

IIRC, Amber said something to the affect she wasn't going to bring in random plot points from Abel's story, but his father, Aniz, made a powerful political few a few powerful political enemies in that story that I'm sure would be keen on finding him though Abel's. It maybe worth keeping in mind.

Aniz, as far as I know, is still wanted for the murder of Hennya. More then a few could make their bones by bring him to justice because - As Kira and Fa'Lina talked about at the hostilities where Abel's mother was staying - him running loose has had a destabilizing affect on "Zinvth The Demon City". Finally, Aniz's murder of Hennya voided clan Jin's plans to open a children's hospital in Zinvth that had been in the works for centuries! They may still hold a grudge.

I'm sure Abel'ss clan mark is very well known.

Then again, as Amber has already pointed out, she may completely ignore all that and  "distort the laws of reality" on a whim to make a joke. :)

Edit: I've corrected mistakes, I hope?
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Mao

I believe she said that plot points from Abel Story *would* be showing up and that she doesn't tend to alter reality for a joke.

PantheraLeo

IIRC, the wording was such that the story would continue, but she -Amber- would avoid making direct references to 'Able's Story' so someone who hadn't read it wouldn't be at a unfair disadvantage or miss something. ( You know, because we're not all crazy bibliophiles that study her comic for idol amusement. ) Aniz's crimes are a direct reference. I'm just pointing out clan Syra is infamous for more then just their leader and downfall...

QuoteI believe she said that plot points from Abel Story *would* be showing up and that she doesn't tend to alter reality for a joke.

?

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 31, 2010, 01:57:48 AM

>.> Oh well, I should be silent, Amber is not mute and free to change her mind as she sees fit. (I point out as shamefully speak for Amber .... DOH! )
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Bjalf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on August 06, 2010, 05:59:06 AM
I believe she said that plot points from Abel Story *would* be showing up and that she doesn't tend to alter reality for a joke.

She doesn't alter reality, she just bends it to her ebil, ebil will   >:3

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 06, 2010, 06:18:57 AM
( You know, because we're not all crazy bibliophiles that study her comic for idol amusement. )

Lies! Lies and slander!

Naldru

There is no point in altering reality for the sake of a joke.  Reality is much funnier.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 05, 2010, 07:52:21 PM
Amber said something to the affect she wasn'twas going to bring in random plot points from AbleAbel's story, but his father, Aniz, made a powerful political few a few powerful political enemies in that story that I'm sure would be keen on finding him though AbleAbel. It maybemay be worth keeping in mind.

Aniz, as far as I know, is still wanted for the murder of Hennya. More then a few could make their bones by bring him to justice because - As KiraKria and Fa'Lina talked about at the HostileHospital where AbleAbel's mother was staying - him running loseloose has had a destabilizing affect on "ZinvithZinvth The Demon City". Finally, Aniz's murder of Hennya voided clan Jin's plans to open a children's hospital in ZinvithZinvth that had been in the works for centuries! They may still hold a grudge.

I'm sure AbleAbel's clan mark is very well knowknown.

Then again, as Amber has already pointed out, she may completely ignore all that and  "distort the laws of reality" on a whim to make a joke. :)

Hrm. Let me know if I misunderstood any of your conversation. It wasn't easy figuring out the difference between what you said and what you meant. You might want to consider paying more attention to your communication skills, you know.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

I stand corrected on the alter reality part, however I don't think it's permanent alterations.  I think it's more just for a quick 'ha-ha'.

As for Abel's story or what would have been Regina's story, I'm quite positive she's said a few times that the plots from both would have eventually been revealed in the main comic.  Just that it would take quite a while and might not be covered in great detail.

Anodyne

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 03, 2010, 05:27:17 PM
I think Able is headed for trouble. Aside from his clan mark showing and a 'witch hunt' for cubi in the area ( Though said hunting group was content to allow cubi in the area on the provision they stayed out of trouble.) I'm wondering what this will mean for Ables story.

The Syra clan mark circulating around after Able's father fouled things up in his sub-story is sure to be a plot point.

It may or may not end up as a plot point. After all, Abel originally thought that his clan mark was a tattoo that his friends had gotten for him while they were all really drunk. If he needs to, he can always use that as a cover story ("I don't know what it means. It's a tattoo that some of my former friends gave me when we were all really drunk, and I have better things to do than shell out the money to get it removed.")

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 05, 2010, 04:27:57 AM
To the Multivle people to bring up Abel's clan mark I feel I must point out the following.
1. Not everyone knows what a clan mark is and even those that do can't ideniffy them all
This is true.  Chances are that unless someone wrote a definitive guide in happier days when 'Cubi were less secretive, you would have to be a 'Cubi and study at SAIA and its library to build a comprehensive list.

Quote2. Abel is from a small clan.   Probably no more then 1-3 members and unlike Cyra clan (Which is just as small) isn't infamous.
This I'm not sure I agree with.   Siar clan was considered a very powerful clan and at the height of its power was, AFAIK, one of the biggest clans in recent history.  It was also one of only 13 active Tri-winged clans and probably the last one to be extinguished, long after the war ended.  While all this may have been entirely hidden to most Beings and Creatures, it happened only about 500-800 years before DMFA, well within living memory for many Creatures (e.g. DP probably lived through it, Aniz is something like 850).

Key words here: Clan Siar was powerful. It was one of the largest of the active tri-winged clans.
These things are no longer so and have not been so for several centuries.

This is why Aniz was trying so desperately to sire as many kids as he could, remember? He was trying to repopulate the clan. Since Aniz is dead, it doesn't seem likely that he succeeded in bringing Clan Siar back from the dead (or someone else is in charge, if he did succeed).

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 05, 2010, 07:52:21 PMAmber said something to the affect she wasn't going to bring in random plot points from Able's story, but his father, Aniz, made a powerful political few a few powerful political enems in that story that I'm sure would be keen on finding him though Able. It maybe worth keeping in mind.

Aniz, as far as I know, is still wanted for the murder of Hennya. More then a few could make their bones by bring him to justice because - As Kira and Fa'Lina talked about at the Hostile where Able's mother was staying - him running lose has had a destabilizing affect on "Zinvith The Demon City". Finally, Aniz's murder of Hennya voided clan Jin's plans to open a children's hospital in Zinvith that had been in the works for centuries! They may still hold a grudge.

I'm sure Able's clan mark is very well know.

Aniz was wanted for the murder of Hennya, in Zinvith. He's dead now, though; Abel told Dan that, for his something-th birthday (375th? Probably whichever one Fa'lina said Aniz would have to wait for in order to start enrolling kids at Saia again), he killed his father.

As far as we know, Abel may well have presented the Zinvith authorities with Aniz's head afterwards, to help Fa'lina try and fix the political mess that Aniz had made.

Plus, it doesn't necessarily follow that Abel's clan mark is well-known just because his father is/was wanted for murder; they might hate Aniz, but they don't have any grudge against Abel (in fact, at least one of their leaders likes Abel) and just telling people what the clan mark looks like leaves way too much opportunity for Abel to get targeted accidentally.

Bjalf

Quote from: Anodyne on August 06, 2010, 10:49:27 AM
Aniz was wanted for the murder of Hennya, in Zinvith. He's dead now, though; Abel told Dan that, for his something-th birthday (375th? Probably whichever one Fa'lina said Aniz would have to wait for in order to start enrolling kids at Saia again), he killed his father.

Wait, what? Link?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: terrycloth on August 04, 2010, 08:17:02 PM
He's going to Jyrras' place because he said he was going to Jyrras' place after Lorenda asked him to go talk to Jyrras.

He didn't say he was going to see "Jyrras", he said (in I believe a snarky tone) he was going to see his "best friend in the whole wide world". While I agree that Jyrras is his intended destination, he wasn't actually intending to confirm friendship (even to himself).

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 05, 2010, 07:52:21 PM
As Kira and Fa'Lina talked about at the Hostile where Able's mother was staying -

Why would someone want to stay someplace full of hostility?
Did Kira leave DS9 to come to DMFA?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

lilpuppy23

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 03, 2010, 05:27:17 PM
I think Able is headed for trouble. Aside from his clan mark showing and a 'witch hunt' for cubi in the area ( Though said hunting group was content to allow cubi in the area on the provision they stayed out of trouble.) I'm wondering what this will mean for Ables story.

The Syra clan mark circulating around after Able's father fouled things up in his sub-story is sure to be a plot point.

It may or may not end up as a plot point. After all, Abel originally thought that his clan mark was a tattoo that his friends had gotten for him while they were all really drunk. If he needs to, he can always use that as a cover story ("I don't know what it means. It's a tattoo that some of my former friends gave me when we were all really drunk, and I have better things to do than shell out the money to get it removed.")

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 05, 2010, 04:27:57 AM
To the Multivle people to bring up Abel's clan mark I feel I must point out the following.
1. Not everyone knows what a clan mark is and even those that do can't ideniffy them all
This is true.  Chances are that unless someone wrote a definitive guide in happier days when 'Cubi were less secretive, you would have to be a 'Cubi and study at SAIA and its library to build a comprehensive list.

Quote2. Abel is from a small clan.   Probably no more then 1-3 members and unlike Cyra clan (Which is just as small) isn't infamous.
This I'm not sure I agree with.   Siar clan was considered a very powerful clan and at the height of its power was, AFAIK, one of the biggest clans in recent history.  It was also one of only 13 active Tri-winged clans and probably the last one to be extinguished, long after the war ended.  While all this may have been entirely hidden to most Beings and Creatures, it happened only about 500-800 years before DMFA, well within living memory for many Creatures (e.g. DP probably lived through it, Aniz is something like 850).

Key words here: Clan Siar was powerful. It was one of the largest of the active tri-winged clans.

This is why Aniz was trying so desperately to sire as many kids as he could, remember? He was trying to repopulate the clan. Since Aniz is dead, it doesn't seem likely that he succeeded in bringing Clan Siar back from the dead (or someone else is in charge, if he did succeed).

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 05, 2010, 07:52:21 PMAmber said something to the affect she wasn't going to bring in random plot points from Able's story, but his father, Aniz, made a powerful political few a few powerful political enems in that story that I'm sure would be keen on finding him though Able. It maybe worth keeping in mind.

Aniz, as far as I know, is still wanted for the murder of Hennya. More then a few could make their bones by bring him to justice because - As Kira and Fa'Lina talked about at the Hostile where Able's mother was staying - him running lose has had a destabilizing affect on "Zinvith The Demon City". Finally, Aniz's murder of Hennya voided clan Jin's plans to open a children's hospital in Zinvith that had been in the works for centuries! They may still hold a grudge.

I'm sure Able's clan mark is very well know.

As far as we know, Abel may well have presented the Zinvith authorities with Aniz's head afterwards, to help Fa'lina try and fix the political mess that Aniz had made.

Plus, it doesn't necessarily follow that Abel's clan mark is well-known just because his father is/was wanted for murder; they might hate Aniz, but they don't have any grudge against Abel (in fact, at least one of their leaders likes Abel) and just telling people what the clan mark looks like leaves way too much opportunity for Abel to get targeted accidentally.

We don't Know for sure that Aniz is dead, Simply that Abel is no longer able to kill him, and such that it is "No longer an option".

That doesn't mean he is dead, I don't know were you're getting the "Dead Aniz" theory from.

And it was for his 400th B-day

Tapewolf

I think you may have misunderstood.  Siar may be dead and practically her entire clan is vanquished, but that doesn't mean that the clan - in particular it's mark - has been forgotten.  Moses has been dead for far, far longer and you probably know who he was.

'Cubi typically live for 3000 years or so.  Destania is 7000 and Fa'Lina is 9200 or something.  Several centuries is not long enough for them to have forgotten it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Attic Rat

Happy Almost-Birthday, Amber!

I'm turning 55 this month. Stop feeling OLD!!!!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?