08/01/2010 [Last Resort #190] What's behind door number one?

Started by Stupid N00bie, August 01, 2010, 11:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupid N00bie

So, you find a closed door that has words that look like they were finger painted on with crimson paint.  The words are in a language that you can't read, and they are dripping slightly.

If this is a horror movie, find the black guy and send him in first.  An FPS, check around the door for an ammo drop that usually signify a boss fight and completely ignore the door.  A D&D campaign, argue with the GM for an hour that you TOTALLY had that language since the beginning even though he looked at all of your character sheets five minutes ago, and you just triggered a trap for pissing him off.

There's more, but I want someone else to have some fun with this.
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

llearch n'n'daCorna

an RTS, bring all your zerglings to this spot and get them all upgraded before you open the door.

scrabble, this is where you see someone else stretch a word over two triple-word score squares.

Mousetrap, you've just set the whole trap up and are standing on the trap trigger point.

... anyone else?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Inumo

Final Fantasy, the screen fuzzes out for the boss fight.
Survival horror, you're going "why the heck do I need to do this?" as you step through with your weapon ready (but not checking corners, of course).
War-sim FPS, you toss in a flashbang, then snipe the crap out of whatever-it-is's head.
Borderlands, you go "Heck yes, more loot!" and walk in rocket launcher at the ready.

joshofspam

In Star ocean 4 it would go into a huge movie sequence on how the boss is going to delete everything and how the heroes are nothing but data.

This is starting to sound like a cross between Doom and Event Horizon here. "I ain't afraid of no ghost and remember kids never cross the streams" :zombiekun2 :kruger :zombiekun2 :kruger
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Inumo

Quote from: joshofspam on August 02, 2010, 12:11:18 PM
"I ain't afraid of no ghost and remember kids never cross the streams"

That's Ghostbusters...