Fragments of The Soul (OOC, Closed) {Mature}

Started by Myr, June 15, 2010, 10:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

well,  a shady looking note written in a particular language like this one is definitely more likely to generate interest in the outer circles of society - in any case , that's what 'adventurer' tends to be an eufemism for - in modern times, hitman or hired thug would often be an appropriate name
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Myr

Heh, true enough.

Anyway. I'll do a little more mental probing and see if there is a chance for yon techie to get into the scene Glitch. Just takes a little while to go over all the details! He might have to go about it differently, is all...and that's what I want to be sure of a possibility of. I'll get on that with you as my coffee kicks in.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

techmaster-glitch

Well, now that I think about it... as were were talking about it, if there is alot of travel through van-unfriendly terrain, perhaps he could build a bushwhacker on the front of the van... although even his abilities are better suited to an urban environtment...

I'll think harder and see if there are any other characters I can conjure...

Myr

Heh, for some reason the mere thought gives me the giggles...and while I'm sure it'd be a marvel of engineering, I'm not quite sure how the locals would take to seeing it! Still, a good thought.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

techmaster-glitch

Ooh, actually... I -have- thought of a variant to the character that might work. I'll PM you soon with the basic details...

Myr

*Snicker* Knock yourself out. *Settles in to wait*

Meany

Opening post is up.  :eager  Did I do good, did I screw up?  Should I take a chainsaw to it, and start afresh?   Don't hold back, the anticipation is killing me! :popcorn

Kafzeil

Name: Kafzeil Harkonnen

Age (Optional) : 206

Species/race: Ferret/Angel

Description: While fairly tall for his species, he really only comes to about 5' 2" his fur mostly white, how his limbs, tail, ears and a patch covering his eyes are light brown. Brown eyes and thick head of brown hair, and a tail of medium length make him look surprisingly mundane for a creature. His wings are an immaculate white, and his wingspan is fairly large for his height.
Usually Kafzeil prefers a black pair of pants and dress shoes, a white shirt, his usual black wool long coat and a grey scarf. Very rarely seen far from his lucky' black fedora. If the occasion calls for it Kaf will wear some pieces of armour between his coat and other clothing.

In terms of disposition, Kaf can be a very mixed bag. On a bad day he can be very snide, sarcastic, abrasive, and generally, for the lack of a better word, an asshole. Generally though Kaf rarely actually hates the targets of his ridicule, and can be quite affable and friendly, often dishing out some good natured ribbing to those he is fond.
Kaf is also very knowledgeable on various subjects, mostly history and politics, though other areas such as literature, magical sciences, and technology when he finds time/books/people willing to discuss such things.

History: Born and raised as a member of the powerful and notoriously ruthless Harkonnen family, Kafzeil is the seventh and youngest son Orpheus Harkonnen, the current head of the Harkonnen's bank.

Growing up Kafzeil came to disagree strongly with his grandfather's way of running the family, in spite of his father's protests to silence himself before he makes too many enemies of his grandfather's supporters. His father sent Kaf off to University in hopes that he could smooth things over with his own father and that Kaf would become useful to his grandfather, perhaps sparing the young Angel exile or some other fate.
Studying History and Political Sciences, Kaf soon found himself filling out the niche as a family Diplomat. Often times, Kaf also found he was also handling his relatives' business transactions and deals when they couldn't show up for the event itself in addition to representing the Harkonnen and attempting to smooth over his senior's more "pragmatic" choices.
Recently, while being forced to flee a group of bandits on the road, the Angel found himself forced to take refuge in a small seemingly completely benign town, unaware his seemingly random choice of boarding would have a most profound effect in the near future...

Abilities of interest: Racial abilities – Kaf, like most Angels, possesses lightning reflexes and thinking/thought process., which is very helpful in both combat and heated diplomatic debates, as well as games like Chess, Sudoku, and Risk (Kaf LOVES Risk.) He can also make his skin harder then normal, not to the extent of older, more powerful Angels.
-Magicial Abilties/Skills: The Harkonnen possess a natural affinity for lighting/electricity  based magic in addition to their races natural talent with  light based magic. Kaf is fairly skilled at casting and manipulating both, for combat such a slight based beams and magic missiles and bolts of lightning, shockwaves, and shields to powering a toaster and providing a decent reading lamp. He has also toyed with a few minor Healing spells. Notably, he hates Charm Spells, and he detests the thought of messing with peoples minds.
Diplomat: (Or Diplomacy Type 1): His knowledge of the various races and there history, culture, and customs has helped him greatly in ensuring Eternal peace Between All races of Furrae  trying to make damn well sure the Treatise gets written up before somebody fires the opening shots on what might possibly be the next Cubi Dragon War.Though he is sometimes aware of when things are out of his power, though he often will try to do what he feels is best for all involved. In short; if he feels he can reach a deal, he'll rty his very best.
Combat: (Or Diplomacy Type 2): Due to the fact he might just piss off at least one party, or the fact that tensions reach the breaking point before Article 2 of Pax Incubus has  a chance to dry, Kaf has learned to defend himself. Armed with a war hammer, Kaf is surprisingly fast with it. The hammer is made with a special magical alloy that conducts electricity very well. This allows the Angel to mix some of his spells into the hammer, giving it that extra oomph. While Kaf isn't as skilled as say, a Demon enforcer, he attempts to cover his weaknesses by being quick, striking hard, and goading his opponent it making a dumb move and leaving themselves open.

Other abilities /Quirks: A massive music lover, Kaf loves a good tune, no matter the genre. In more tech-loving cities/hotels/bars he can often be seen visiting music stores/pumping currency into the jukebox.

Optional trivia: As mentioned, Kaf is a massive music buff. At his home he has several music playing devices, and a pretty large music collection.
-Kaf shows an unusual interest in tech. While nothing even close to a tech genius, though. He admires it greatly and views it as 'very clever'.  
-Kaf's hammer is named "Charlene" and the head has the engravement of a scanitly clad, female ferret Angel. He refers to the weapon affectionatly. Wether he is joking or serious is up for debate...

Edit: Fixed some errors I made.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

VAE

And, my opening post is up as well, hopefully, like meany asked, i didn't mess something up
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Myr

Heh, Kafzeil, Approved.

And Meany, Danman-I like what I see so far. *Chuckles* If any problems arise with the posing, I will let you know. What matters is that it's suitably legible, and I can work with them.

VAE

One of the thing occuring to me
@Boogeyman
Vladim is hooded now, but if Renald catches a glimpse of his face, he might be disconcerned a bit - Vladim's eyes do not look very being-like, as visible on my avatar.
(If interested, it's just a thing he did when he finished the course once to look a bit more intimidating ... and to mark his new life somehow )
Saphroneth

Boog

Quote from: danman on June 21, 2010, 07:18:23 PM
One of the thing occuring to me
@Boogeyman
Vladim is hooded now, but if Renald catches a glimpse of his face, he might be disconcerned a bit - Vladim's eyes do not look very being-like, as visible on my avatar.
(If interested, it's just a thing he did when he finished the course once to look a bit more intimidating ... and to mark his new life somehow )

He doesn't attack creatures ON SIGHT. He can be subtle, and knows better than to take a swing when he can't at least claim the other person started it. And knows full well some folks have just had some unfortunate run-ins with magic (remember Abel's story, with the platypus girl?). Wont earn Vladim any brownie points, but he'll give him the chance to explain himself.

Also, the succubus cape is made from white, bat-like wings. Looks like thick, crinkly velvet until you see the scalloped hem. I can't believe I left that out...

VAE

Hmm, i will need to fix this... ack - the remark worked so well :D - i thought he made it out of regular cubi wings, sewing the skins formerly-meaty side on, leaving feathers on the outside.

EDIT: OK , fixed it - it still sounds reasonably as intended...

As for the other thing.. i realise he does not attack on sight, but Vladim is considering the off chance he is someone some folks hired to finish him off... most think he's dead and his real name or appearance isn't that well known, but well, the guy whose trademark expression was "inconceivable" died half an hour into the film... :P

Saphroneth

Myr

Hey, it happens Danman! *Pats* And everyone forgets details Boog-I'm no exception.

And yeeg, sorry for the delay-had to dredge up a new router, the old one decided to burn out.

SquirrelWizard

Name: Cinna Dian

Species/race: "Saedra" Mythos(Rabbit)

Description: Standing roughly 5'6" and weighing in at 124 pounds. Cinna resembles a grey furred rabbit being with long black hair. She has a third eye on the middle of her forehead which is sapphire blue unlike the other two which are green. She has a small white patch of fur on her right cheek.

Physically Cinna is very athletic and is stronger and more agile than your standard being.

Cinna typically favors hiking style gear, usually a tee shirt, leather vest, cargo pants, and boots. It varies depending on the climate. She typically doesn't wear alot of armor, instead relies upon her ability to outrun or outwit people, often with a healthy dose of luck stealing.

Personality: Cinna has a very optimistic personality. She can be described as perky, or bubbly at times, but she gets along with others very well. Cinna absolutely adores anything fuzzy or cute (both is a plus) especially her own tail which is he pride and joy. She has a habit of picking up shiny or interesting looking stuff as well, and typically keeps a piece or two as a memento.

History: Saedra Mythos are known for their aptitude with finding things, but are more well known due to their luck, and coincidentally the path of bad luck they tend to leave in their wake. This has led to strange rumors regarding them, and also gave birth to the practice of "lucky rabbits feet." Saedra tend to be viewed with mixed opinions. While they are no more vicious than beings, their ability to manipulate luck has a tendency to irritate others, and they typically don't stay in one place too long.

Cinna was born into a traveling clan of Saedra Mythos who practiced their trade as seers going from town to town. At the age of 18, Cinna was struck with an extreme case of wanderlust and set off on her own to "see" the world through her own eyes, and away from her family. She immediately headed off to the first major city, where upon she spent the next two years between making friends, studying being culture and earning her way through gambling. At the end of the second year her luck manipulation had caused the local crime boss to make a major mistake which resulted in the police breaking up the gambling ring there. Unfortunately this mistake revolved around Cinna and she was now a target for the criminal organization, so she packed up her bags and decided to continue wandering. She'd spend the next two years wandering the countryside until she came across the sign at the crossroads.

Abilities of interest:
Steal Luck: Cinna can steal luck from a person within sight range and store it to either augment her own luck, or bestow it upon another person. She generates a pool of luck whenever she successfully steals luck. To bestow luck upon another person, she has to touch them to complete the transfer. The stolen luck typically lingers for a day, after which it eventually fades away.

The ability to steal luck isn't a spell but an innate ability her family can perform, but does require her to concentrate on her target so she can slowly, but steadily, siphon luck away.

Alternatively she can try to strip a larger chunk of luck at once, but to do this she has to physically touch her target (either through a touch, or melee attack)

Regardless of the version used, she cannot drain luck from more than one person at a time; and should she change targets any unluck her previous target accumulates doesn't go away, though they do not gain any more.

Unluck/Luck: Typically situations only allow for small portions of luck can be siphoned away at a time. Small changes in luck typically expend themselves immediately, while large changes in luck play out over time and can potentially mushroom.

The results vary, but are often related to the action being performed. Tripping while running, dodging into a blow while fighting. Finding the only place on a wooden walk way that is rotten while sneaking.

Luck Mushroom: If a person has a large amount of un/luck they might find that they experience a chain reaction of good or bad luck. Typically a luck mushroom occurs when a previous incident of un/luck puts the character in a good or bad position which is then further pushed along by the remaining good or bad luck that remains unspent.

Spinoff: is where your luck affects those around you. Typically spinoff is related to the type of luck you have, but since it doesn't discriminate between friend or foe, sometimes spinoff can result in beneficial results even when it was brought forth through bad luck.

Magic: Cinna has trained extensively in divination, though she does practice some nature, fire, and lightning elemental magic on the side.

Dowsing: Cinna can try and determine whether an action will yield favorable results. The three possible answers she can recieve are yes, no, and no result. The farther into the future she tries to determine a result the more likely it will return with no results.

Location Finding: by using a pointer and a focus related to her quarry, Cinna can locate a person or object. The spells strength and accuracy is depending on how close the focus object is related to the target. Actually having held, or met the target is more accurate than having to use something the target wore or rested on which in turn is much more accurate than just a description or name.

Item Reading: By touching an item or person Cinna can catch glimpse of their past. The longer she concentrates the farther backs he can pull snatches of visions from.

If used on a person, the ability allows her to see random snatches of their life, unless they concentrate on a particular moment, at which she then sees that moment in full.

Aura Viewing: Cinna can see people's auras through her third eye. The auras she sees is a combination of the person's disposition, magical and physical strength, and emotional state. She can identify any aura she has had a chance to study and memorize, but can only guess at unknown auras, though being auras tend to be the least powerful. The aura viewing can penetrate thin barriers such as thin wood doors or cloth tents, but any thicker barriers blocks it.

Auras can be easily modified, typically with magics.

Other abilities (If applicable) :
Elemental Magics:
Cinna's focus has always been on divination magic, but she periodically picks up nature, fire, and electrical elemental spells out of necessity. Her elemental spells are more utility than they are designed to kill. She can light fires, dry stuff off, rework roots to form ladders, hand holds, or snares for people's feet. She can stun people with electricity.

Notable Equipment:
Traveler's Staff:
Basically a wooden quarterstaff that has a knob on each end. The staff is magically reinforced to withstand great amounts of damage without breaking. It can let a person balance more easily, or to vault with, and both knobs can be anchored into opposite walls with the main staff piece being treated like a slider. The staff itself can be turned into a small one person tent to protect a person from the elements. The staff contains a coil of rope inside of it (knobs are attached to each end of it.) either knob can generate light, and finally it can serve the same purposes as a walking stick.

Sack o' Holding: Cinna's backpack's main compartment can hold up to two cubic feet of materials without translating their weight to the rest of the bag.

Optional trivia:
Cinna absolutely loves pickles, and music, and fluffy things.
She also likes animals of all sizes and forms, even the unfluffy ones.
She is a lightweight and when drunk tends to sing... badly...
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Myr

Approved, after some extremely intense, head-desking inquiries into the scope of your abilities Squirrelwizard.

Oh, I have plans for you, oh, yes I do...

SquirrelWizard

Just a heads up, I will be going on vacation starting 6/27, and will be gone for a week. I dont know if I will be able to snag an internet connection out there, so I will likely be silent for a while.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Myr

Heh, I remember-that's why I have plans for yah.

Anyway, I think the roster's reasonably full! This'll be open for questions and comments, of course, but applications will be closed.

Glitch, I'll hang on for yah should you still be wanting to join, of course-think of it as a voucher.

techmaster-glitch

Hmm.... I think I'll let someone else have it. I'm just drawing a blank for a character in this RP... :(

Myr

*Pats* Maybe in the next one you can cause chaos, hmm? If I do get together for a different one eventually.

So don't worry! Heheh.

That_wolf

Erg. I'm back, for about 3 days, before ANOTHER week of offline. Also, I see this is closed. Would I still be allowed to post a chary, to be dropped in when allowed, and I'm more available?
Abel needs a hug...

Myr

Hmm.

That's a bit hard to decide-I suppose you can send me a rough draft, when you get a chance, and I'll see what we can do-and discuss about slipping yah in.

SquirrelWizard

I hath returned from my trip to the land of water, sand, and omg teh burnings. I was wondering if you want me to jump in to the IC post with Cinna now? or did you want me to wait to make a later entrance?

Myr

I figure you'd do best at a later entrance-the very nature of your character gives me a rather pleasant idea that you might enjoy when the time comes Squirrel! *Smiles* I just need to work the roughness off of it, and run it by you now that you're back.

e_voyager

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 25, 2010, 06:18:40 PM
Hmm.... I think I'll let someone else have it. I'm just drawing a blank for a character in this RP... :(

i had the same problem with history and appearance tech so i understand
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Meany

Myr

*Flop* Yergh, large pose! But I couldn't condense it well, so sorry if it's a bit overlong!

If you guys have questions about anything at all, let me know-tried to be as clear as possible.

VAE

Keekekeke
This description, togetherr with the mosquito bring back fond memories of Diablo II act III ...the jungles of Kehjistan...
Only thing we need is a demented religious order controlled by a Prime Evil and we are there....
Kudos!
Saphroneth

Myr

Heh, I have yet to ever play Diablo, so I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I do hear quite a bit about how it's a moderately good game, though. Hmm...that aside, glad to randomly remind yah of something.