Bad news (RE: Rakala)

Started by Rakala, May 25, 2010, 10:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Your sentiments are sweet and all, Mao, but if he was really going to back up his claims he would have done so already. It's simple, really. His entire story seems like a fabrication, a cry for attention, and when he got called out on it he (a) freaked out about how "mean" we are, and (b) said that he was gonna take his ball and leave.

Now, in a real situation like this, I'd have sympathy for the guy. But this is the internet, and people are naturally going to be skeptical. If he'd spent any time on the internet, he should have already known that.

We have policies in place to handle the death of a forum member. They're in the rules. He hasn't, as yet, sent us any information that fulfills those policies. In fact, he technically made this into a goodbye thread. As such, I'm more than happy to fulfill his wishes.

If further proof is ever given to show Rakala really did die, we will, of course, be willing to reconsider the matter. But, until then, I'm considering this multiple violations of the various sections of Rule 13, and as such am permanently killing both accounts.

Orinas: if you think this place is awful (for having skepticism in a skeptical situation), and you really want to go, here's the door.

:door
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Amber Williams

I particularly like how despite the guy only having "just signed up", he seems to know how the Abandoned Mine works.  Woops!

Shame on you good sir.  I have little to no tolerence for people who try to milk attention by using people's good intentions and sympathies.  And who then try to throw a giant guilt-tantrum when not everyone is falling over offering "there-there" pats to him.  Cause yes, how dare we not believe everything you say without anything but the word of a "stranger".  

Honestly, I sort of hope this is just a lie because if Rakala did die...he apparently was dating a complete asshole.  One who took three months to deliver his last wishes and then in the most tactless manner ever told a group of possible strangers that he died of the most easily curable and recoverable cancer ever.  And then went on during this time of "mourning" to take a potshot at insurance coverage before magically being past the mourning stage in less than a day.  I mean damn son.  For someone who claims to be so close and how much this other person meant to you, I'm impressed you have nothing whatsoever to show validation or the fact you were able to recover practically overnight from being bitter to being AOK and wanting to make new friends.

Frankly said, good riddance.  I have little time or patience for people who want to make grand claims but then snivvle the moment someone comes along to poke a hole in their system. And I have even less patience for someone who lies to the internet so they can get a momentary burst of attention.  Particularly to this forum.  As admins and mods, its our job to make sure the people on the forum don't get jerked around: Be it by scammers, harrassment, or people just trying to lie to them.

Lushin

Wow this is starting to seem very familar. Wasn't something like this happen a few years back? The guy didn't like the way he was treated and made up a story about how he died and was a friend posting saying he had died. Then waited to see how people would react. Ah crap it's that black cat again.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Drayco84

This is why I wouldn't make it as a mod. I don't have the guts to call BS when needed.

Quote from: Orinus on May 27, 2010, 03:43:07 AM
While I realize I have no way to back up my statements I don't care at this point. I'm done with you guys. Since I got here I have been met with doubt and skepticism which has all come off as insensitivity. I would ask the admins to delete my account as I no longer have interest in joining you. Put this post in the Abandoned Mine, laugh at it, do whatever, I don't care. I apologize for being a bother to your time and point out I have been treated with a certain degree of impertinence I since almost the first post I made as myself. Though nobody has made an outright accusation it's pretty obvious, all of you doubt my honesty.  Good riddance.
Considering that Damaris only asked for a city and Date of Death, it's not like it'd be THAT FREAKING HARD to cough up. As for everything else, it's pretty much already been said.

Alondro

*peeks in meekly*  Would this be a bad time to mention that I have Lyme Disease... (I'll be fine!  Caught it immediately after the tick bite got the ring-rash!)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Darkmoon

It's only a bad time if someone else posts, as you, to say you died from it, only for it to later be proven you are still alive.

And that you don't have lyme disease.

And that you're also Hitler.

Alondro

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 27, 2010, 02:58:40 PM

:shifty  Yes, well... good thing I'm... not him... yeahhhhh...

*Charles dies today from Lyme Disease and the Andromeda Strain*   :grave
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Turnsky

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 27, 2010, 02:58:40 PM
It's only a bad time if someone else posts, as you, to say you died from it, only for it to later be proven you are still alive.

And that you don't have lyme disease.

so, Alondro's a Limey Fascist?  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ShadesFox

You are a terrible person Turnsky and I hope you die D:<. Wait is that a bad thing to post on this thread?
The All Purpose Fox

Darkmoon

Only if you then fake his death. Kill him for real, or not at all.

VAE

Hmm, i think we should require that a death notice is posted by the deceased himself, or otherwise won't be accepted...
That would cut off the scams
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Darkmoon

Strictly speaking... this one sorta was... or are you talking about posting for the other side?

I dunno if they have a net connection out there.

VAE

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 27, 2010, 10:28:14 PM
Strictly speaking... this one sorta was... or are you talking about posting for the other side?

I dunno if they have a net connection out there.

What kind of afterlife WOULDN'T have a net connection? A sucky one i tell you.
I bet all those folk who you wonder how they can manage be so much time on the internet... they all are dead and posting from over the rift !
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

ShadesFox

I hope the afterlife has an internet connection.  I just killed Turnsky and I want him to back me up on that.
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on May 27, 2010, 10:53:19 PM
I hope the afterlife has an internet connection.  I just killed Turnsky and I want him to back me up on that.

News of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

for the record? Heaven's got High Speed. Hell has 2400 baud... i'll let you guess which has the good stuff, though.  :<

Edit: and for Alondro...

>.>

ShadesFox

So... if I didn't get you... who did I kill?  I'm pretty sure I got someone really good.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

We weep for monkey #3. He will be missed. He leaves behind monkey #1 and #2 and monkeys #4 through #16.

ShadesFox

Dammit, he still owed me money DX<
The All Purpose Fox

Drayco84

Quote from: Turnsky on May 27, 2010, 11:31:40 PM
For the record? Heaven's got High Speed. Hell has 2400 baud... i'll let you guess which has the good stuff, though.  :<
You may find this hard to believe, but Hell actually DOES have broadband.
Seriously, where do you think the most infamous Tech Support and Billing comes from? (Also, Hell is cold. REALLY FREAKING COLD!)

Turnsky

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 28, 2010, 10:38:00 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 27, 2010, 11:31:40 PM
For the record? Heaven's got High Speed. Hell has 2400 baud... i'll let you guess which has the good stuff, though.  :<
You may find this hard to believe, but Hell actually DOES have broadband.
Seriously, where do you think the most infamous Tech Support and Billing comes from? (Also, Hell is cold. REALLY FREAKING COLD!)

those are called "call centers" and often have nothing to do with broadband.  >:3

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 28, 2010, 10:38:00 PM
(Also, Hell is cold. REALLY FREAKING COLD!)

Oops, sorry that would be my bad; didn't mean to make freeze on you guys........ :3

Let me get my flamethrower and I'll fix it again! :D

Sofox

Mao

Yeah, we found it the day it was made.  Guess when it was made, Sofox?  Can you?

I'll give you a hint:  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries.asp?page=obitfinderresults&firstname=&lastname=Churn&state=&daterange=Last1Yrs&newspaper=&keyword=

3rd one down.

Sofox

Huh, exact day Darkmoon asked for proof.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm stating the obvious.

I still don't know where he got the name Ryan James Churn from, it was never mentioned in this forum. S/he must know Rakala in real life.

insidexml

Wouldn't that kind of make everything even worse, then?
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Corgatha Taldorthar

or simply pulled the name out of a hat. Anyone can make up a name, and I don't believe Rakala ever mentioned his name on the forum. If he did, it would just take a few minutes of scanning posts to find it and copy it up for a fake obit.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

VAE

Quote from: Sofox on May 30, 2010, 09:17:31 PM
Huh, exact day Darkmoon asked for proof.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm stating the obvious.

I still don't know where he got the name Ryan James Churn from, it was never mentioned in this forum. S/he must know Rakala in real life.
Well, it was mentioned in conjunction with his user name in the other forum Mao dug out.
This implies that either it is he himself being an utter idiot, somebody who knows him as you say, or third, that the person who hacked him did at least a part of research  , googling him.
Saphroneth

Keleth

This whole shebang just smells of someone desperate for attention. Maybe he just signs on in hopes to see we've talked about him? Who knows.

Either way. Let's contribute to this for great justice, and instead. Have some cake.
Help! I'm gay!

Alondro

Other possibility:  Rakala mentioned going into the military.  Perhaps someone there who is rabidly anti-furry was watching him log-in one day, nabbed his username and password, and is destroying his cred while he's deployed or in training somewhere and can't find out what's going on.

Since the Munchausen web thing is a common occurrence, it'd be a very easy way to ruin his online life. 

There is only one way to be sure.  We must track down Rakala IRL and stalk him to find out!  Stalking is fun!   :boogie