---

Started by Jack McSlay, April 26, 2010, 06:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Why would Ren come here?  He has his own sub-forum to play around in.

Les

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on April 26, 2010, 05:10:29 PM
But, it's not Pinky McPink.

So noted.. well boys, we're doomed.  It's been nice knowing you all. 
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Mao

Oh no, the mods aren't doomed.  I'm not doomed either.  The rest of you however... well.  >:3

Les

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 26, 2010, 06:13:03 PM
Oh no, the mods aren't doomed.  I'm not doomed either.  The rest of you however... well.  >:3

What?  Who invited the Mods onto our Doomed Ship of Doomy Doom?   :erk

Mao

This is still their forum.  We're just guests.  I'm getting out of my fate because from time to time I amuse them.  You however, make them facepalm.  That's not something to be proud of.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 26, 2010, 06:13:03 PM

Speak for yourself. I'm doomed. I just don't know how my wife is going to doom me yet.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Are we talking about the same kind of doom here?  I don't think we are.

Les

Wow, tough room...

In any event by 'We' as in 'we're doomed' I assumed it was obvious that I was referring only to myself, Drath and Shades who were making nautical references at the time as being on the doomed vessel.  And in no way was implying any kind of threat to the mods.

Oh well, but yeah there does seem to be something about this sub-forum that is bringing out the scrappy little snark-puppy in me.  This room is Cursed I tell ya, Cursed says I!

Keleth

You say Cursed.

I say full of win.
Help! I'm gay!

Mao

Have I ever mentioned that I have a strong dislike of tvtropes?  People toss them around like it makes them look smart because they found some obscure reference/connection that they think applies.  More often than not it just makes the person using the tropes seem like someone who can't explain themselves very well.

I also find it funny that you're making references to missing the point and not explaining the joke when you're posting here in the tearoom as though others aren't getting it.

Les

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 26, 2010, 06:38:59 PM
Have I ever mentioned that I have a strong dislike of tvtropes?

Knew there was something odd about you.

QuoteI also find it funny that you're making references to missing the point and not explaining the joke when you're posting here in the tearoom as though others aren't getting it.

Hooray, I'm entertaining!   :mwaha

Mao

Aww, that's cute.  You think it's a good thing.  Poor thing.

Les

Of course, why wouldn't it be?   :B

Mao

Being in here isn't a good thing, I'm sure I've clarified that before.  Given your past in here though, I can see that I might need to clarify this further:

If you're in here, you've essentially been tossed into the Abandoned Mine.  Where bad threads go.  You've been prevented from going there by only the tiniest bit.  If the Abandoned Mine is to be considered forum Hell, then this would be considered the forum Heck.  I'll be your host, Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light.  I'm here to annoy, mock and just generally amuse myself at your expense.

Les

Mao

And from that response I look forward to seeing many more of your threads in here.

Les

Oh, I get it that this sub-forum is meant to house threads arbitrarily selected for offending whatever pretentious aesthetic you ascribe to so you may set about them and their originators with dry wit and sly sarcasm in pursuit of some degree of schadenfreude.

I just don't care.   :mowwink

Mao

Only, I don't select them.  I, in fact, refuse to bring threads in here.  It means someone much nastier than me found that something about a post was lacking.  Still relevant to DMFA, of course, but lacking.  I was actually given this task without warning, merely because I suggested a funny name for a sub-forum concept.  I'll happily accept it of course because, aside from folks who have their own pretentious attitudes to think about, I'm generally amused by the rantings and ravings of those who would strain so hard to ply their view of DMFA onto the rest of us (for whatever reason they choose as a motivator) that they leave the realm of reason and subtlety behind.

Damaris

Mao, I think I love you today.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Mao

Like the kind that requires a mop and bucket or the kind that's all rainbows and sunshine and the like?

Or are we talking the really awesome kind that involves riding crops?

Brunhidden

"sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me"

im sure theres some fangirls somewhere who wish that were cannon between you two
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Mao

You forgot the rest of the song though Brun!

"So throw me down, tie me up, and show me that you love me!"

Darkmoon

And thus, the reason why we made him section mod.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

As we all dance to the Masochism Tango!

llearch n'n'daCorna

*feeds the pigeons*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

On another note, Brun.. were you trying to imply that there are Damaris and Mao shippers out there?  What About Darkmoon and Mao shippers?  Is anyone shipping Damaris and Darkmoon?

Darkmoon

Anker Steadfast

Oh lovely, Darkmoon is shipping himself ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

Well, they *are* married... but I still don't see how that stops him from shipping me and him at the same time.

Darkmoon

Sorry, dude. I ship for boobs.