On Fa'Lina's.. er.. 'Assets'.

Started by Les, April 24, 2010, 05:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Quote from: Les on April 26, 2010, 04:19:18 PM
But I like my myopia, it's cozy and I fear change.  ..and spiders.   :U
I try to imagine a discussion where this post would fit as a response.
I can't
This truly is tinfoil hat tearoom.
Anybody has a samovar?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Ketchup-Crumbles

On the actual thread topic: Has anyone yet mentioned the huge backwings? To me it would seem, like they are very much capable of balancing the whole frontal "overweight".
On the skins: I'd like to have a skin, that doesn't change for the whole forum xD (most of the available ones are either too dark or too bright for my taste oO) Is there a way to pick my own color-choices?
On Mao: Why is it, that your avatar seems to lack "normal" eyes?
And most importantly... why are there 4 new posts in here while I write just one?

Les

I think I mentioned the idea of 'wings as counterweights' earlier in the thread, as an addendum to a comment about Creatures (including 'Cubi) having reinforced spines, those wings must have some substantial mass to them to.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on April 26, 2010, 04:02:40 PM
I'm amazed that people have never paid attention to the fact that there are skins other than the DMFA default. Weird.

Heck, I use the forum standard (ie, the SMF standard) because the admin functions all work properly in it, whereas some of them don't in some of the other skins.

But that's my personal choice. If it wasn't for the functionality, I'd go with the DMFA skin over most of the choices used, although I do sometimes like to see what other people feel is a good theme, I find that often I consider them unreadably difficult. Which may be a result of the screen resolution I work at. But I digress...

Quote from: Ketchup-Crumbles on April 26, 2010, 04:22:52 PM
On Mao: Why is it, that your avatar seems to lack "normal" eyes?

Because they're closed.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Theoretically would could probably skin a version of your Forum Standard if we wanted to.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

Honestly?  I kinda like the theme this place has by default.  I can read it easily and find the color suiting.  I wouldn't want it changed at all.

As for my character's eyes?  As llearch said, they're closed.  He doesn't need them to see.

Brunhidden

and here i thought someone just stole your pupils, irises, and whatever you call that shiny bit

*hides small suspicious box*
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 26, 2010, 05:27:54 PM
Honestly?  I kinda like the theme this place has by default.  I can read it easily and find the color suiting.  I wouldn't want it changed at all.

As for my character's eyes?  As llearch said, they're closed.  He doesn't need them to see.

Damaris and I come from forums where the default skins were white text on black with another accent color. Honestly, most of the time I forget there are skins here that AREN'T black and white.

Mao

Most of the stuff I work with on a regular basis is white on some dark color so I've become used to it.  I always liked it more due to being a bit sensitive to light/bright things (do not let me out in the sun for more than an hour without sunglasses.. migraine time!)

llearch n'n'daCorna

White on black is okay. Some of this stuff is blue on black. Or cream on white. Or equivalently silly colours.

It's possible, as I said, that I'm looking at different thigns to you guys. Like, I use some of hte buttons that you don't, so I like to be able to see the blasted things. Or something like that...

Mao

All of the buttons I have show up just fine for me. :>

llearch n'n'daCorna

This may come as a disappointment, Mao, but I have a couple of extras... ;-]

... also, IIRC I tested this two years ago or so. We may have fixed some of the issues in that time...

Mao

Disappointment?  That you have more janitorial duties than I do?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

I'm actually in the process of beta testing a Cursed Prison V2 skin. You might enjoy using it, Mao.

Mao

Indeed I am enjoying it.  I highly recommend it to others. :>

Darkmoon

Yeah. For those of us from "darker" themed forums, it's a nice, very usable, skin.

Brunhidden

dont we have anything more steampunk?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Darkmoon

Mao

Every time I visit my parents place.

Prof B Hunnydew

See you throw things in here and they automatically get derail

I am surprise Nobody brought up that Heidi person...and her recent improved assests..(that she says are still too small)

Well, there is no pleasing everyone.

PBH

Anker Steadfast

Don't you mean Sheyla Hershey ?
The lady with a gallon silicone in each boobie ?

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 27, 2010, 07:47:18 PM
Every time I visit my parents place.

What sort of banquet are we talking about ?

Edit: Cleaned out the link and accompanying warning to better fit with this forum's standards, sorry for the trouble. ~Mao

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

Hey, Anker? .... just no.  That broken link (thankfully broken) and the other one?  Kinda pushing it.  Bare minimum mark that kinda stuff as NSFW.

Anker Steadfast

First one wasn't even supposed to be a link .. not sure what I did there.
And the second isn't NSFW, it's from a comedy show!

Mao

Sadly, some work places might disagree.  Someone suckling at another's teat, particularly a full grown man?  Sorry but even if it's his mom and nothing is shown, I could be fired over that.

Shachza

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 26, 2010, 07:30:25 PM
This may come as a disappointment, Mao, but I have a couple of extras... ;-]

Like "+100 IQ" and "Nuke every post ever made by a poster?"  I loved the second one the moment it was demonstrated in an unrelated forum.

Though I didn't like who it targeted or the reasoning behind the nuking...  (It wasn't me btw)
            <-- #1 that is!

Damaris

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 28, 2010, 05:49:35 PM

The bulk of the forumers are from the United States, land of puritanical repression.  So, yeah. Not appropriate.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 28, 2010, 04:06:18 PM
Don't you mean Sheyla Hershey ?
The lady with a gallon silicone in each boobie ?

NO the newest plastic Barbie:  Heidi Montag  5'5"  with a figure 38-24-33....And now "experts say that her boob could wear through her skin later in life.    Although, Sheyla was 34FFF...she should have been big enough...

PBH

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Damaris on April 28, 2010, 09:53:31 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 28, 2010, 05:49:35 PM
The bulk of the forumers are from the United States, land of puritanical repression.  So, yeah. Not appropriate.

Allright, I've updated the post so it's now appropiate for the US of A too ... dang, you guys are seriously repressed over there.

Mao

1)  I'm Canadian.  2) I personally don't mind that stuff.  It's the whole.. the company owner and CEO is a hardcore roman catholic who has very strict morals and is very worried about sexual harassment lawsuits.  Anything that could make a woman feel uncomfortable and have possible sexual connotations tends to have him fire on the spot, no questions asked.  If it's text, it's one thing as it's not readily visible and actually requires them to come up close and see it.  Video is a bit more visible.  Plus, despite being a bit more along the lines of PG-13.. this forum is still PG/PG-13.. do try to not scar folks.

Also:  A simple (NSFW) tag would have sufficed.