[Clan Leaders #14] someone looks like a pimp

Started by dravus, March 30, 2010, 01:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celelorien

Re:Pimp - Absolutely not.  Much too dignified and classy.

Re:Voice - Hilariously enough, it's not Wooster but rather Jeeves I'm hearing here.  Stephen Fry, for you poor chaps / chapesses who've never seen Jeeves&Wooster.

Re:Abel - Aha~! So that's the them.  Fascinating. :3  Wonder if the reason double-duality with the wings and heterochromia is considered so lucky is it somehow makes the Cubi in question more dually capable?  As in, a better innate grasp of shapeshifting, or particular skill at magic, or somesuch? Just idle speculation, not really meant to go anywhere.

Re:Quoar: OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. :D He's awesome looking.  I completely love his outfit, his colouring, and all the amazing little details and doodads on him.

dravus

I can change the title if you like :P

what would you consider more suited for Quoar?

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on April 01, 2010, 12:24:54 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 31, 2010, 08:10:56 PM
Quote from: Morgan on March 31, 2010, 07:01:58 PMI now have this ridiculous(ly awesome) image of all of his wing tentacles having little blue goatees and top hats. XD It warms my soul.
Aye, and one would sit opposite another tentacle-head, as a pair of gentlemen at a table, with a third acting like a butler, serving cookies and tea.

:D

I wonder if they can talk ?
Oh, the one liners they could have!!
I must say reading all this has brought a smile and a laugh to my bad day!  :mowhappy For that thanks.

Although, I have to wonder if someone from Quoar clan in disguise influenced Aliyka by any chance......  :P

Peace & Love, man FTW!  :3 *watches the rainbows*

*bows*

Thank you, thank you - I do try my best to make people smile. :)

As for their conversations, I'd reckon they'd have something akin to british dry humor, perhaps with a Monty Python twist.

Head 1 : Dear Chap, so tell me why they are fighting again?
Head 2 : Well, it appears someone have meddled in someone elses affairs. *adjusts monocle*
Head 1 : Truly ? In what manner ?
Head 2 : Invasion of dreams. Leeching of power. That sort of stuff I'm afraid.
Head 1 : Oh dear, what a horiffic situation.
Head 3 : *dressed as butler* Would the Gentleheads like some tea ?
Head 1 : Oh thank you, yes please.

*a moment passes as tea is being served*

Head 4 : I say, next time can I not be the table ?
Head 2 : But you you are so good at it!

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Alondro

*Charline blehs*  Love... I officially hate this clan!   >:[

I now have a mortal Cubi enemy!  I shall destroy love!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Trazz

Quote from: Morgan on March 31, 2010, 12:50:23 AM
Quote from: InsanityRequiem on March 31, 2010, 12:12:04 AM
Quote from: Balance on March 30, 2010, 11:00:20 PM
We don't actually know what Aniz is trying to accomplish, beyond the fact that he was apparently pleased that Abel has Quoar traits. We also don't know how a cubi comes to manifest those traits. I'll take that ignorance as license to speculate wildly, so here's my Epileptic Tree:

Maybe cubi really absorb emotions at a low level before their cubi traits manifest, and even before they're born, but they absorb them in an undifferentiated way. That is, until they hit, er, "cuberty", they don't have an emotional affinity, and soak up a little of whatever's around them. Beginning in the womb, the emotions they absorb influence their physical development in various ways, causing them to manifest particular cubi traits. Cubi carried, born, and raised around members of their clan are naturally exposed to high levels of the clan's favored emotion, so they share the same quirks. Aniz, though, went to great lengths to ensure that Abel was surrounded by love until he manifested--his mother's love for her husband and for Abel himself. Could the whole charade be an attempt on Aniz's part to deliberately cultivate Quoar traits in his offspring? If so, to what end?

Hot diggity Balance... That... That might be crazy enough to actually work! :U *Gives a tin foil hat.*

Erg... o_O

Yeah... nope. Doesn't sound too crazy to me. Obviously, excepting that there may be some alternative Amber has yet to reveal... I think it sounds pretty logical. I'm jumping on this bandwagon until it gets dismantled. *Hop.*

Wait for me! *chases after the bandwagon*

Caswin

Let it be known that... I like everything about this guy.  Everything.

How did the only male so far end up being the best dressed?

EDIT: After reading through the rest of this thread...

Quote from: Congo Jack on March 30, 2010, 05:30:28 AM
Also, pimp? One of those loud-mouthed tasteless-dressed covered in jewelry criminals, who have absolutely nothing to do with love? Right?
I have to second this one.  Assuming he doesn't have any nasty secrets -- never mind that he's had dozens of millennia to himself to develop a few -- he doesn't deserve to be labeled a pimp.
Quote from: Balance on March 30, 2010, 11:00:20 PM
For some reason, I picture him welcoming us aboard a train bound for a city full of wonders...and trouble. Wondrous trouble, to be sure. He has that mix of charm and mischief about him.
I see what you're getting at and I like the way you think.

And since there's been so much speculation as to his voice... I imagine him having a wide vocal range, even without shapeshifting his vocal cords.  By default, though... hrm.  I'm... editing this for a third time, actually, because I really don't know.

DOUBLE EDIT: On further reflection, if there's anything I don't totally like about this guy, I'm having a little trouble getting used to his name.  It doesn't readily seem to "fit", although on the other hand, I'm not entirely sure what it sounds like.  How do you pronounce "Quoar"?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

psilorder

Quote from: Caswin on April 01, 2010, 03:40:57 PM

by having 75,000 years to get it right?

heh,
Quoar: no this one's not working but lets give it a century.
Quoar, a century later: no it definitelly wasnt working, lets try something else now....

Anker Steadfast

On a sidenote :

During 75000 years, a species could go from dumb animals, to sentient beings with language 'n' maths 'n' everything.
Heck, just look at us Humans for an example.

Which brings me to this - Could a Cubi's Wing/Tentacle-heads gain true sentience during such a period of time ?

Jairus

75,000 years is a long time. That's actually something that's been kind of bugging me: beings have been around for a while, so why are they only now getting to the point of magic-free toasters and gryphon mechs? Heck, 7,000 or so years ago, there was a war that almost wiped out the Cubi: that can't have had no effect whatsoever on the beings. Though I suspect there's a very good answer: Furrae has been suffering from an EXTREMELY prolonged medieval stasis, from a combination of the ease of using magic and the incredible dangers of various monsters and creatures. Those two working together would probably severely retard the development of both civilization and technology. When a demon has the strength to wipe out a town on their own, technological advancement could be easily lost before it could be spread around and do some good. It's only relatively recently that things have stabilized. Heck, we could even go to the next level: civilization could keep rising up, and then getting smacked down again by some factor, so things might not be "stable" so much as we're on the rise to another crisis. Mab's plan, therefore, might be to change this continual cycle of destruction and reconstruction. Unless I'm crazy or this has all been voiced long ago. Either are likely.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 30, 2010, 05:44:57 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on March 30, 2010, 05:28:39 AM
As an aside, you are very mean and naughty Tapewolf for removing your convenient link to Project Future in your signature. The amount of precious seconds I now have to waste actually tracking down a link when I want to see your latest update or...heaven forbid...having to take the .9 seconds to bring down my bookmarks folder is intolerable.

Oh, I figured no-one was using it.  I'll see if I can fix that, just for you...
However, if you're using firefox 3, you might find that simply typing "pr" into the URL bar will autocomplete it.

I was using it too, though I also use the autocomplete method at times instead of bookmarks.

Quote from: jeffh4 on March 30, 2010, 11:12:46 AM
Hey, wait a minute.  What happens if the Cubi's base color is the same color as the color of his/her clan mark?  So if Abel had red fur?

Perhaps a subtle difference in color, or maybe even a contrasting outline between the clan mark and the base color.

Quote from: candide on March 30, 2010, 12:07:58 PM
Thank you, Amber, for portraying one of the aspects of, "Masculinity," that doesn't involve agression or posturing.  Very, "Prince of Cups," that Quoar.  :mowhappy

Cups? What cups?

Quote from: Infranscia on March 30, 2010, 05:39:13 PM
My theory was actually that Aniz somehow made use of shapeshifting so that certain traits would be more likely to be passed down.  I mean, Aniz did call Abel 'a work of art,' which, to me, suggested that he 'crafted' Abel's appearance.  Such shifted genetics may also explain why the ends of Abel's hair turns brown when it's cut, too.

Then again, I don't know if that's canonly possible.  But unless I get proof otherwise, I'm still going to hold onto it as a vague possibility.

Shapeshifting wouldn't do it, but perhaps Aniz somehow came across some genetics-manipulating magic.

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 31, 2010, 08:10:56 PMI wonder if they can talk ?
Oh, the one liners they could have!!

They could with the classes Abel took. I wonder, even without the 'natural' tentacle  heads that having a living founder gives, wouldn't Abel be able to fake one or two?

Quote from: Caswin on April 01, 2010, 03:40:57 PM

When you're the only male in a group of females, you're always the best dressed male... and the worst. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 01, 2010, 11:47:39 PM
I was using it too, though I also use the autocomplete method at times instead of bookmarks.

Well, there should be a replacement at the end of the fan-bar now.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Quote from: LionHeart on April 01, 2010, 01:10:21 PM
Technically, he's an immortal Cubi...  :P

Bah!  He's only immortal if there's no way to kill him!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Arcblade

Quote from: Alondro on April 02, 2010, 07:26:29 AM
Quote from: LionHeart on April 01, 2010, 01:10:21 PM
Technically, he's an immortal Cubi...  :P

Bah!  He's only immortal if there's no way to kill him!   >:3

What was that distinction made in Eragon?  Unkillable versus "won't die unless stabbed" or something like that.  It was in reference to the elves, I believe.  Anyway, my guess is that tri-wings = Eragon elves for purposes of immortality. 

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Arcblade on April 02, 2010, 11:58:07 PM
What was that distinction made in Eragon?  Unkillable versus "won't die unless stabbed" or something like that.  It was in reference to the elves, I believe.  Anyway, my guess is that tri-wings = Eragon elves for purposes of immortality.  
Err...

I like Eragon too, but I think Tolkien would've been a better example >_< (they work rather similar, from what I understand. Eragon also seems to be somewhat of a trollbait-y topic, as many people don't seem to like it...)

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Turnsky on March 30, 2010, 03:45:53 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 30, 2010, 02:14:49 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 30, 2010, 02:10:07 AM
woo! heterochromia!

Heterochromia FTW!!  :mowmeep

I will admit I have deep fascination with it. In most of my various stories, you are likely to find at least one character in each one that has it.  :3

fun thing, my eyes are actually heterochromatic.

What exactly is heterochromia?   I'm assuming that this means bi-colored eyes (like some Huskies have)?

Quote from: Turnsky on March 30, 2010, 04:11:58 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on March 30, 2010, 03:49:54 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 30, 2010, 03:45:53 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 30, 2010, 02:14:49 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 30, 2010, 02:10:07 AM
woo! heterochromia!

Heterochromia FTW!!  :mowmeep

I will admit I have deep fascination with it. In most of my various stories, you are likely to find at least one character in each one that has it.  :3

fun thing, my eyes are actually heterochromatic.

It is not true without photographic evidence.

so fun having to dig through my photobucket for this one image.  :B

I guess that's heterochromia? Ooo, that looks rather odd, and isn't that quite rare?  Do you ever get any comments from people on that when they talk to you?

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 03, 2010, 04:08:16 AM
What was that distinction made in Eragon?  Unkillable versus "won't die unless stabbed" or something like that.  It was in reference to the elves, I believe.  Anyway, my guess is that tri-wings = Eragon elves for purposes of immortality.  
Err...

I like Eragon too, but I think Tolkien would've been a better example >_< (they work rather similar, from what I understand. Eragon also seems to be somewhat of a trollbait-y topic, as many people don't seem to like it...)

TV Tropes on Immortality !!!

That page have *all* the immortalities you could ever want. :D

Chairtastic

If this clan orbits around duality, I wonder if they are prone to multiple personalities. :U

The only real thing I don't like about this guy is he's far too skinny. :/ You'd think he'd be more well-fed, considering how strong real love typically is.

Anker Steadfast

Skinny ?

Huh, I'd say he's perfectly normal for a normal man/cat/furry hybrid thingy.
Just because he isn't bulging with muscles or fat, doesn't mean he's not well nourished.

Huh, I guess tha hollywood ideals are starting to rub off ?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on April 05, 2010, 02:39:03 PM
The only real thing I don't like about this guy is he's far too skinny. :/ You'd think he'd be more well-fed, considering how strong real love typically is.
It's not clear that emotional energy is actually converted into body fat.

Mao

As Tapewolf ninja'd said:  Emotional feeding does not translate into biomass afaik.  Think you need real food for that.

Arcblade

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 03, 2010, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 03, 2010, 04:08:16 AM
Err...

TV Tropes on Immortality !!!

That page have *all* the immortalities you could ever want. :D

Huh.  Didn't realize Eragon was flamebait.  Sorry.  For TV Tropes, I'm thinking type 2 Immortality: Undying.  

Edit:  Ran through the Unwilling and Abel section of the archives.  There is *one* other half-batwing, half-featherwing Cubi shown.  It's the SHINY BISHONIN fancubi. 

There were more featherwings than batwings.  I don't see any drop-dead obvious correlations between featherwings = positive emotions and batwings = negative emotions. 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcblade on April 05, 2010, 03:22:02 PM
Edit:  Ran through the Unwilling and Abel section of the archives.  There is *one* other half-batwing, half-featherwing Cubi shown.  It's the SHINY BISHONIN fancubi. 

There were more featherwings than batwings.  I don't see any drop-dead obvious correlations between featherwings = positive emotions and batwings = negative emotions. 

Nirfy?  I'd never really noticed that.  Good catch.  No heterochromia, though.  Still, either trait seems to be quite desirable.

null0010

i have a stupid fan theory that abel might switch clans to quoar's if he ever gets over his issues

Arcblade

A friend of mine pointed out, and I agree now that I think about it...

Why hasn't Abel switched clans yet? 

Psychedelic Mushroom

Thank you, Amber, for portraying one of the aspects of, "Masculinity," that doesn't involve agression or posturing.  Very, "Prince of Cups," that Quoar.  :mowhappy
Cups? What cups?

I think they mean the Tarot card "Prince of Cups".  :3

candide

Quote from: Professor Fate on April 11, 2010, 06:13:21 PM
Cups? What cups?

I think they mean the Tarot card "Prince of Cups".  :3
Indeed I did!

BTW - I'm using the "King, Queen, Prince, Princess" form of the court cards.  It's not as common as the "King, Queen, Knight, Page" form, I know.  Heck, it's kinda rare; you usually find the latter.  But there's also another form, created by That Nutjob, Alistair Crowley, which has, "Knight," in the "King"-position.

The Prince of Cups is the masculine-aspect of emotion, often love and romance.  One of my decks has the Prince of Cups, naked, riding a dolphin.  The card is PG, since the dolphin is strategically-placed.  The whole card tends to skew readings towards the ... sensual.

taltamir

are you sure its just looks? An immortal all powerful male with a good taste in clothes and who thrives on love.
(I am referring to the definition of pimp meaning a guy who gets lots of women... not a guy who prostitutes women)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: taltamir on April 12, 2010, 11:20:36 PM
are you sure its just looks? An immortal all powerful male with a good taste in clothes and who thrives on love.
(I am referring to the definition of pimp meaning a guy who gets lots of women... not a guy who prostitutes women)

That's not a pimp, that's a player. (and no, not a playa; that's "A beach; a strand; in the plains and deserts of Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, a broad, level spot, on which subsequently becomes dry by evaporation.", if you'll excuse the long link...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Arcblade on April 11, 2010, 05:57:38 PMA friend of mine pointed out, and I agree now that I think about it...

Why hasn't Abel switched clans yet? 

It *is* a good question.
We don't know what the rules for switching to a different clan is, so it's hard to hypothize on.
But so far, he hasn't really had a reason to do anything, so that's exactly what he's been doing.

Ofcourse, imagine Aniz's anger if that happened ?
One might call it the perfect revenge.

Maybe this is why Abel hasn't confronted him yet ?