CMF Userbars and Userboxes (Free Signature Images Inside!)

Started by Mao, March 19, 2010, 02:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketchup-Crumbles

uhm, my first post ever? xD

is this ok? should it be smoother?
and is there a collection of all the bars somewhere? (and why shouldn't they all be hosted on imageshack or photobucket or any other of those sites?)

~Ketchup-Crumbles

Raskahn

Quote from: Ketchup-Crumbles on March 30, 2010, 06:37:11 AM

and is there a collection of all the bars somewhere? (and why shouldn't they all be hosted on imageshack or photobucket or any other of those sites?)

~Ketchup-Crumbles

Many thanks good sir! have a cookie  :)

Raskahn

Quote from: Liari on March 30, 2010, 06:30:48 AM
I'm probably going to sound like a complete idiot....but how do I make the pictures actually show up in my signature?  

You'll need to go to your profile settings. select forum profile information and in the signature space type the image url. put the img command inbetween [] and end with [/] the forum won't let me type the code without trouble so let's pretend { means [

{img}http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7425/daryilfam.png{/img}

Tapewolf

Smoother would be nice, but you should have seen my expression when I saw that in Lonewolf's signature just now  :3

What software did you use to make it?  Gimp, Photoshop etc usually have an interpolation setting, so when you scale it down it will smooth it out for you.  If it's set to "NONE" on Gimp, it won't bother and will look blocky like that.  (Which is sometimes useful).
Gimp will also default to using no interpolation if it's an 8-bit image, promoting it to RGB (Image->Mode->RGB) will fix that though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Raskahn

Quote from: Zedd on March 30, 2010, 07:20:31 AM
Intresting....Who did that clan sign?

My guess is it's been taken from one of the Project Future pages so that would be Ren Gaulen?

Also, What kind of expression would that be Tapewolf? the "Soon my perfectly engineered plan for forum domination will be complete" one? Or the "Yay! fans!" one?  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on March 30, 2010, 08:14:58 AM
My guess is it's been taken from one of the Project Future pages so that would be Ren Gaulen?
More of a group effort, really.  Shadrok designed it originally, I redrew it in a slightly simplified form for the wiki.  I have a feeling that the version I use in the comic was redrawn by Sid in SVG format, but I could be wrong.

QuoteAlso, What kind of expression would that be Tapewolf? the "Soon my perfectly engineered plan for forum domination will be complete" one? Or the "Yay! fans!" one?  :)
More of the latter, really.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on March 30, 2010, 08:14:58 AM
Also, What kind of expression would that be Tapewolf? the "Soon my perfectly engineered plan for forum domination will be complete" one? Or the "Yay! fans!" one?  :)

"Yay, fans! *counts* one." ?

... no, wait. it's broken up differently. My mistake. ;-]

I'm working on it. I've been busy at work. So sorry.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

I'm still resting up, but it only took me five seconds to make these and there are probably people out there who will appreciate these.

I love Quoar. I'm torn between placing him or Seme in my signature, so I guess they'll have to be neighbors before I make a concrete decision. More signature rearranging... but first bed.

Suwako

liari

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on March 30, 2010, 06:49:07 AM

You'll need to go to your profile settings. select forum profile information and in the signature space type the image url. put the img command inbetween [] and end with [/] the forum won't let me type the code without trouble so let's pretend { means [

{img}http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7425/daryilfam.png{/img}

I am eternally grateful; thank you!

Ketchup-Crumbles

So this version should be a bit smoother. And no need to hurry with the collection, I was just wondering =)
I used Paint Shop Pro X. And it smoothed it out on its own, but somehow it seemed way to blurry to me and from the last time I did something artsy/symbol-like at tiny sizes I remebered that "repixeling" helped countering the blurriness. Well, I like this version better xD
And maybe I can help with collecting all the bars (or reupload them on imageshack, or tinyurl, or whatever you could need help with)?

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on March 30, 2010, 06:46:31 AM
Many thanks good sir! have a cookie  :)
The cookie is greatly appreciated ^^ (the "sir" is not, though, but you had no way of knowing ;) )

~Ketchup-Crumbles

edit: oi, forgot: I took the symbol from the dmfa-wiki, Daryils page.

Tapewolf

How about this?

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/daryil_b.png

EDIT:
The logo should now be correct.  The earlier version - I have no idea where it came from - is still available here, if anyone wants it.

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/daryil_b-outtake.png

Mao

Hehe, I have to say that every time I come back and check this thread it amazes me how much this idea has taken off.  Thanks, everyone, for getting so into it.

Ketchup-Crumbles

=) yep, I like this last one best. And I'd assume different version exist for almost every clan symbol. Amber has changed them herself a lot (I simply consider the ones on the clan leader pages as the currently correct versions). They also vary with viewing angle and the way the skin might be bended or strechted or whatnot.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 30, 2010, 02:42:03 PM
Hehe, I have to say that every time I come back and check this thread it amazes me how much this idea has taken off.  Thanks, everyone, for getting so into it.
The reason it got me out of lurking: all the cool kids had them and it seemed easy enough to generate a bar with a "new" character or a picture that would be gladly used. So easy way for me to combine graphical work and making someone else happy ^^

~Ketchup-Crumbles

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ketchup-Crumbles on March 30, 2010, 02:28:10 PM
And maybe I can help with collecting all the bars (or reupload them on imageshack, or tinyurl, or whatever you could need help with)?

What I need help with is finding the time to write the webpage to list them all. Since I collected all the images on the first two or so pages of this thread, that's a mere 152 or so. It's not like it's a huge task or anything...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aurawyn

Is someone still doing requests?

Can Simone make a fanbar for Baby Rose from Strip 843, Albanion/Nutmeg's Baby form page 1026, and finally Baby Kira from the "Baby Attack" wallpaper..

What? I like babies :D

Suwako

Quote from: Aurawyn on March 30, 2010, 06:54:34 PM
Is someone still doing requests?

Can Simone make a fanbar for Baby Rose from Strip 843, Albanion/Nutmeg's Baby form page 1026, and finally Baby Kira from the "Baby Attack" wallpaper..

What? I like babies :D

Will do as soon as missmab.com is working again x3

MelSkunk

Yes, my VERY FIRST POST is going to be me adding to some of the sigs. Because you can never have too much Jyrras! And also awesome.

So a new one for Aaryanna, a better one I think for Destania , a "cubi clan head"shot of Fa'Lina, and a Booyah of Jyrras  :boogie

Destina Faroda

Dumb Question.  Can we put anyone we like in these images, or do we have to stick with the pre-determined templates?
Sig coming...whenever...

Mao

There's nothing stopping anyone from putting anything in a fan bar, realistically.  I personally would rather have it stick to stuff related to the forum, at a bare minimum and would rather have them all at a nice uniform size but really, it's your sig:  Put whatever you want in it.

Suwako

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 31, 2010, 02:26:44 PM
There's nothing stopping anyone from putting anything in a fan bar, realistically.  I personally would rather have it stick to stuff related to the forum, at a bare minimum and would rather have them all at a nice uniform size but really, it's your sig:  Put whatever you want in it.

Seconded, also why the heck is your avatar and sig not showing for me Mao? D:

Mao

Trazz

Okay, I have this problem where the images stack up on top of eachother instead of lining up horizontally... How do I fix this? ._.

Yes, I know, I fail at coding >.>

*EDIT*

Yay, I fixed it! Thanks tech ^^

I'd give you a cookie, but I ate it  :mowcookie

techmaster-glitch

Are you hitting enter after each one (and thus putting them in a new line)? If so, that might be the problem, they all need to have only a space between them (maybe not even that). Beyond that, I couldn't say.

Suwako

MelSkunk

I cannot tell if this is the best or worst idea ever:
Shipping/ fan-pairs

I've made myself two:

Why yes it does say ship on the bottom...

Suwako

Quote from: Aurawyn on April 01, 2010, 03:20:45 AM
Quote from: Tytaj on April 01, 2010, 12:25:33 AM
Done

other will be done later.

Yay! Thanks

And here's the last one:

It really lends far better for fanbars than those of before.

Sprocketsdance