Of Steam and Steel: IC (Mature) {Currently Open}

Started by Lisky, March 09, 2010, 06:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberCross

I still can't believe you named the panther after a fox

Chris hopped down from a set of pipes near the ceiling, landing as an anthro ferret once more. "You look pretty ugly. But I guess that's the point. I can't see a difference, but then I'm not Insectis so I dunno. Don't they have some sort of smell thing though? I read once that bugs communicate by smell. So you should probably be careful of that."

He tilted his head a moment and then added. "Oh, and I'm here now. Exploring the rest of the floor with yonder cat demon sounds good to me." This last part was emphasized with a thumb point towards Renard.

Tapewolf

"There are any number of things that can go wrong with this," Seth grumbled.  "It will work if I'm seen from a distance - up close, I'm dead meat."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Paige pulled the blade free of the first bug she had eliminated, and reversing her grip on the sword, punched the second in the face. The fact it was carrying a revolver was evidence that it was more likely an officer and Baseel may want to 'talk' with it.

Picking up the bug in her wings she stepped back through her dimensional door and re-appeared next to the Demon. "Oh Bassel" She said in and impish tone, "I've got something for you!" And presented the Bug trapped in her wings.

JamesCray

Life is like a mean machine, it made a mess outta' me.

An electric spell was something he couldn't counter, particularly not without giving up the strategic advantage in position that he was in. It was a good thing he had an opening, because it was time to go for broke.

Most fighters go for the gut to end a fight. However, given his height and the fact that the angel was already doing his best to protect that area chances were he couldn't deliver a blow there anyway. So he didn't. At least, not one that he expected to land. He swung aggressively with his right, but the real legwork for his tactic was to be done by the left. Literally.

Johan limps a bit because his prominent parents procuring prompt magical medical care was all that prevented him from losing his left leg, and his life, when it was nearly bitten off in a run in with a gang of young demons in the Nhyalamar capital. So he knew the inner thigh contained not only muscle and tendon, but significant nerves and high volume veins and arteries. THAT was where Johan made to slash, hoping to end it before the angel could set the spell off. Of course, it was a good thing the safeguard spells were in place, otherwise the results, if the strike succeeded it could have rather lasting effects on the recipient.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

Arroyo Milori

Men, Let's blow this Popsicle stand!

The yellow lion knew when he was just testing his oats when angering a couple of soldiers, but it was too enjoying to do so. "More reason you should hand it over to me. We don't want a perfectly able soldier get all messed up in the head all because he forget the appropriate containment unit back at home." He leans up against the mech, facing away from them as he looks at Lucy. "You surely feel strongly about bringing this kid with you? A kid you don't even know and is afraid of you." He let out a cool sigh, you could have sworn you saw some steam slowly pass his lips as he exhaled. "Very well then..."  His eyes slowly glazed up to Gaak, a slight glow in them can be seen at the right angle. "I'll ask again, give me the artifact or we can settle this like true gentlemen in a little skirmish with our blades?For the child and the wand?" He raised his sword at Gaak as he faces back towards him.

Tipod

"Of course," he said, giving a polite nod before sauntering off to the principal's door. "World's full of crazies these days. Can't just let anyone wander into a school."

As he knocked on the door and gave the handle a turn, Bart's mind briefly pondered these "advanced programs." The others in his clan were more in tune with what these sort of things meant; all he could imagine was bright young tinkerers being sent off to build or pilot airships rather than stay home and improve their neighborhoods.

The more and more he thought about these politics, the more pissed-off he became. No wonder people like cousin Azzam were so bitter all the time.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

techmaster-glitch

After the girl was lifted up into the rear cockpit and Gezzemocht was climbing it, he stopped and listened to Lucy. He's quiet for a moment, then smiles and nods.
  "Yeah. I think I can do that. I'll try and make sure she gets to your mom, along with the letter."
  He finishes climbing into the rear cockpit, and he communicates with Gaakronacht to fire up the Storm Scorp for travel.
  Then Arroyo started talking again. Both brothers mostly ignored him at first, but when he gave his 'challenge'.
  Gakkronacht in the front cockpit stops in his checp procedures, and glares down at Arroyo. He then hits a few levers, and one of the Storm Scorp's arms swivels around to point at Arryoyo...putting a very large, almost man-sized concave drum-like thing mounted on the end of the arm about a mere foot from the foreigner.
  "I have had it up to here with you. How about this, outlander. You get the hell out of this country, or I liquify--"
  "Gaak! Leave it alone, he's not worth it."
  Gaakronacht stops and looks back at Gezzemocht, then looks back down at Arroyo and scoffs. He hits more levers, and the storm scorp rears up and turns about, and begins walking off through the down. After it walks for a little bit, it starts folding down on its legs, making them parallel to the body, putting wheels that were attached to the joints on the ground, and the Storm Scorp speeds off.

Kafzeil

We Shall Be Together in Paradise

Lucy looked back momentarily at Geez and smiled back. "Thank you...my friend."

Once Arroyo offered his dual, however, she froze, reaching slowly for her revolver.

Fuck, No, you idiot! Back down now!You are way in over your-

As Gaak aimed the SCorp's weapon at point blank at the lion, Lucy's hand hovered over her gun. She started turning around. Maybe she could try to defuse the situation.

"Gaak! Leave it alone, he's not worth it."

Lucy relaxed, her right arm resting against her holster.

As the Scorp rolled off Lucy walked up behind Arroyo and swatted the back of his skull.

Not hard enough to actually hurt him, but enough for him to feel it.

"bastardo!" She snarled.

"Goddamn idiot! You almost got yourself killed! You....you...!"

Lucy closed her eyes and clenched her fists, trying to calm down.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Lisky

ROCK FALLS EVERYONE DIES! :V

not really...
(OOC I AM OFF TO MFF AND WILL SEE YOU ALL ON MONDAY)

And So Tomorrow Was a Good Day?

Light flickered through his window way too early, or at least, that's how it felt this morning.  Avram's head felt fuzzy, and groggy.   Tiny needles of pain prickled the base of his skull, and his joints all felt stiff and overworked.   He felt as if he'd had a few too many drinks at the bar, and forgotten to hydrate afterwards.

Sitting on his workbench was an officer of the Nhylamar military.  He had a Captain's cluster on his tunic's collar, and he also bore several medals pinned to his chest.  His attire suggested full dress uniform, as the feathery-winged fellow idly waited.  He was canine, a collie by pattern, though the bright blue and metallic silver of his fur were far from any "natural" coloration.   He sat idly, watching the door to Avram's bedroom, fingers loosely interlaced, hands resting in his lap.

We Don't Take Kindly to Street Brawls Round Here

The officer seemed to cock his head, listening to Kath's words.  The sound of a massive fracture was the only noise the demon would get before his target slipped away yet again.   "You'll have to accept my apology for not taking your word on the matter.  This should only take a few minutes."   

So saying the Jackal reached into a pouch, retrieving a small orb, perhaps the size of his fist, a murky, clouded white and gray crystal-like object.  The Jackal whispered something softly to thing, far too low for Kath to hear.  He then cast it into the air, where it disappeared, heading south and west.  Possibly the nearest precinct?

Test Tubes, and Tesla Coils, Clockwork Mane and Glowing Oils, Copper, Brass and Explosive Jelly.

Renard nodded as Seth told them about his mother.  "I'll see what I can do.  As a ranger, I've got considerably more leeway than most police, and even military personnel when it comes to investigating crimes.  Hell, I'm sure I could make an excuse about some type of terror cell making an effort for the tower."
Nadia couldn't help but snicker at the feline's attitude.  "he's not exactly pleased with the city's mayor either.  There's been several attempts at corruption cases... soo... if your mother was a political enemy, I wouldn't put it passed him to have her destroyed in such a manner.  Hell... probably put her there to gloat."

Seth's transformation was reasonable enough as Nadia handed him the uniform.  He could feel the residual magic from the cleaning and repair spell she'd used to take care of the blood and holes.  "try this, it should help."

She added, "Looking good, but try not to get too far ahead.  The idea is for you to act as a forward warning, an observer.  Not sneak us by the guards or anything like that.  I don't want to see you acting like some kind of cowboy."

Renard gave a shrug and pointed towards the door they'd come through in the first place.  "Try not to get too lost here... I'd like to keep sight of eachother at all times."

Hunger Gnaws, I Can Feel It's Claws.  But The Pain of a Bullet Would Burn Much Hotter

Baseel watched as the prisoner, bleeding and battered, was tossed to the ground in a rather carefree manner.  It was pretty clear that the Insectis wouldn't last much longer. 

Pointing to sister addy, Baseel asked, "Do you think you can save... or at least stabilize it?  If we could get some information from him, maybe we'll be able to do even more good."

One of Baseel's commanders pointed to Pagie as he walked in, a Doberman demon of considerable stature, his teal and powder blue seemed a bit flamboyant, but he seemed competent enough as he started leading a small contingent of creatures deeper into the bug hill.  He stopped his trot by Pagie, his voice an almost oily-smooth baritone.  "With the commander engaged in an interrogation, perhaps I could interest you in a bug-hunt in some of these side tunnels?  We're a little short-handed with the mess outside, and after seeing what you can do, your skills here would be an undeniable asset."

To Arms, Facing Defeat.  There's No Surrender, There's No Retreat!

His blade started to graze skin, and he felt his enchanted tip pressing beyond the angel's armored skin.  At the same time, a sudden overpressure wave, and ear-splitting "BOOOM" echoed through the hall.  Johan felt his fur stand on end, and the slightest sensation of a burn before he suddenly found himself standing at the opposite end of the arena from the angel. His vision was blurred from the painful, splitting headache, though his opponent seemed equally dazed.

His ears were still ringing from the thunderclap that had hit him, but he thought he could hear clapping.  Looking around, the students were giving various signs of approval as the Angel leaned  forwards, bowing deeply while sheathing his weapon.  "GOOD DRAW!"  he shouted, obviously still reeling from the thunder-clap spell he'd detonated not 2 feet from his own head.

Leading a Trail Of Destruction Through a Foreign Land

The sun had just started to fall... It was two, perhaps three PM.  Clouds of smoke billowed behind the badger as he made his way towards the next contract.  Bug activity near the Aeliseium/Nhylamar border, it needed to be identified quickly, and quietly.  Things had been growing progressively uglier in the past few months.   The bugs had been bringing in heavy weapons and causing heavy casualties.  To make matters worse, the punitive raids seemed to fail more than succeed any more.  Mercenaries were needed, skilled mercenaries who could hold their own. 

Rowen had seen an entire platoon of 'clippers' bite the dust a little over a week ago.  The enemy was learning, growing stronger and more vicious. 

The first sign of something unexpected was the large plume of dust kicked up by something heavy.  It was moving moderately fast, along the forest road, he could see it was heading for him. 

The beavers saw a disturbance in the distance as well, though not nearly as prevelant, nor obvious.  Was it just a simple cart, or something larger, moving slowly and more stealthily?

Razing With A Motley Crew, And The 'Enlightened' Chasing You

The door slowly opened, and Bart was greeted by another mythos secretary.  This one a narrow, creature, almost reminiscent of a bunny, save for her body seemed to be resting on a massive cluster of octopus like limbs, flailing this way and that, filing paper work at an astounding speed. 

She looked up at bart, "You're new here... you'll need to fill out these forms.   Name, address, the usual, along with a reason for getting a guest pass."

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

"Okay," Seth said, grateful that he was going to be just the advance guard and not sent off on some scouting mission that would probably get him killed.
"And thanks... " he faltered, turning to the Demons.  "Thanks for your promise.  It means a lot... probably more than you could know."

So saying, he stepped through the door, scanning for other minds and trying to adopt a confident, purposeful stride - the poise of someone who knew where they were going.

rammenstein

It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down.
I had the radio on, I was drivin'.

Another day, another dollar. Or, in Rowen's case, another well paying, probably dangerous contract. Then again, any contract involving the bugs was dangerous these days. Yes, they no longer had the element of surprise, but it seemed they no longer needed it. They continued to expand their borders, despite the opposition arrayed against them. Although, one good thing did come from it.

Turns out, war is good for business. Who knew?

The badger leaned back in the seat, humming along to the tunes coming from the old phonograph he'd managed to lodge into the dashboard. It was a warm day, and he'd removed the windows so as to enjoy the wind whipping into his truck. He'd long ago learned to take advantage of these periods of calm between contracts. It was good to recharge one's batteries.

The truck Rowen rode in was large, very large, with the vast majority of the vehicle taken up by the massive equipment bay in the back. The engine was loud, driving the truck steadily along the path, kicking up dust behind it. It was a bumpy ride, but it sure beat walking, especially with all the gear he brought with him. It got annoying when the phonograph skipped, though...

The badger squinted, his attention drawn away from the road by the dust cloud slowly approaching from the horizon. Whatever was making it was big, bigger even than his truck. He was still fairly far from the border, and as far as he knew the bugs hadn't pushed this far into Aeliseium territory. Probably an Aeliseian walker of some kind, maybe military.

Rowen kept driving. With any luck, he could get some news from whoever it was. If not, well, he didn't mind a good conversation.

Boom.

Inumo

What About a Chase Scene?

As the resounding crash of the incubus punching a hole through the ice dome echoed in the small space, Kathostral hurriedly interrupted the officer, saying, "My apologies, but I must attend to this. If you so wish, join me and we can apprehend him as opposed to killing him until such time as his bounty is confirmed." With that, he turned around, glanced at the dome to figure out which way the 'cubi had fled, and followed after the escapee.

techmaster-glitch

On the road again

The Storm Scorp, in short oder, leaves the boundries of the ruined township and gets back on a main reaod, bound for the nearest garrison. A Gaakronacht handled the driving, Gezzemocht was trying to comfort the poor, still-shocked girl in the rear cockpit with him. While he did tell Lucy he'd make sure she got to Lucy's mother, he needed to be sure it was the right course of action.
  "Hey." He says soothingly. "I know...I know you didn't want to leave the nice lady. You wanted to stay with the nice lady, right?" He says, giving her a soft, caring facial expression. "Anyway, I'm really sorry you couldn't stay with the nice lady..she was going somewhere, and you couldn't follow her. But she has a nice mommy!" She damn well better, at least. But Lucy is a nice, reasonable woman. She wouldn't have suggested this if it weren't the right thing, and she actually thought her mother would be fine with adopting. "The nice lady has a nice mommy. If you could...would you want to live with the nice lady's mommy?"
  Gaakronacht, meanwhile, noticed something off in the distance and hand-signed behind him to Gezz. Gezz thumped the hull of the Storm Scorp in acknowledgement.

SquirrelWizard

If quizzes are quizzical, then what does that make tests?

Stephan regarded the new professor as calmly as possible, "Easy, just followed the instructions that came with the test. Anyways, I didn't know you could fail a personality test, anyways." Stephan shifted in his char, "I mean if anything contributed, maybe it was the ambiguity of the questions? When a person dies, for example, I feel different things depending on whether I like the person or not."
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

VAE

Six o'clock already, I was just in the middle of a dream...

-ertor weave has collapsed! We're losing height! *CRASH* I didn't kill him, officer!... My neck...Fucking neck...  Light.. job... fuck..  "Bloody hell, what's the time !?"
Last night, after a rather eventful day, the feline has collapsed on bed in an awkward position, not even bothering to undress, slept like a rock thrown into water,  and the results sure showed themselves - for the first moments of wakefulness his head hurt like if someone stuck a steel shaft up the root of his skull and through his eye.
Avram leapt out of bed, joints cracking, grabbed his keys and a few other miscellaneous items that apparently fell out of his pockets while sleeping and descended downstairs....

Fuck! thie-

Avram froze with his paws just moving forwards to "welcome" the visitor

Wings.. uniform.. bloody hell, he's from the military, probably wondering why I haven't reported yet.

The unfamiliar figure sitting on his workbench and boredly looking over one of the components of.. Never mind, now he was looking at him.

"Soul Engineer Avram Kalugin ... I was..am.. to report to NAN Halcyon today... documents.." *ruffled through his pockets, pulling out a stack of papers*  "Documents.. here.. if you need to review..."

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

JamesCray

Was I Out Of My Head? No, But I'm Starting To Wish!

Johan just stood there briefly, looking dazed and dumb, before his poor abused senses put together enough of his surroundings so he could react. He sheathed his own weapons and returned the bow gingerly, not wanting to aggravate the screamer of a headache that he already had going. Speaking of the headache, he couldn't decide whether he wished the angel hadn't shouted because of it, or was glad he did so he could hear him over the ringing in his rather large ears.

"Indeed, good fight!" the fennec called back, though, much like the feline, he applied a bit too much volume, and found himself briefly cringing and hoping that he could have something done about the headache and ringing in his ears, since otherwise he was going to want to spend the rest of the day in a dark, quiet room with his head buried in ice.

Tapewolf

In the metal beast

Seth's confident stride faltered and he did a hasty about turn, as though he had just remembered something and gone back to get it.

"Just quickly... something has occurred to me," he said, when back in company of the Demons.  "We know which way the machine is heading.  Do you suppose there are multiple control stations?  Because if we want to end this quickly, could you two not just plough your way through the walls to the front of the machine and destroy the cockpit?  Kill the head and the body will die, as the saying goes."

AmberCross

Well there is a very good reason for that and it is... you see... um.... oh hey look, something important I just remembered I need to be doing!

Chris did one of those things where you raise your finger in the air with mouth open and then just stay like that while you try to think of something to say. He then put his finger down and gave up. "Yeah, that did not occur to me. Guess I was still hung up on a non-confrontation plan because when I first got here it was just me."

He considered another moment. "Though of course wrecking the steering means we have to fight past everyone and I have no more idea where to find the controls than I did where to find important engineering things. At this point I'm really here for the ride."

Arroyo Milori

A man with few cares

With the scuffle with the brothers ending, the lion let out a small sigh. A little bit out of character for him to out of nowhere challenge someone like that, even if it's to poke and tease. He suddenly felt Lucy's swat at the back of his head. A bit caught off guard from that, he still kept a calm and collective reaction to what Lucy had to say about his recent stunt. 'Could have been killed' she says, Arroyo only shrugged in response. "To be honest, I don't even think he had it in himself to attack me in a unjustified way. He had no proof that I was an agent of whoever destroyed the village. However, I fear for them now they have the wand, not even contained properly! Anything can happen. Let's just hope that they deliver it to the Inquisitor before that wand does something that could kill them." He leaned closer to Lucy and whispered. "I have a suspicion that the wand's original owner is still nearby, who can probably follow the wand and are waiting for a right time to strike."

His eyes slowly looks over to where the brother's path have went down. "It's owner possibly is able to project their thoughts into the handler's mind. I had the same thing happening to me when I was handling the wand, all I got was a death threat." He put his hand on Lucy's shoulder and sighs. "But that isn't our problem anymore. Granted that the girl is with them but if we do try to bother them again, I can rest assure you it won't be on friendly terms and we aren't really well-armed for heavy combat, now are we?"

Paladin Sheppard

Paige turned to address the demon as it made it's offer. "I must say that's very tempting, even without the flattery and I thank you for it. But I'm rather keen to see that the Commander can learn from the bug..."

She sheathed her swords on her belt and waited.

Kafzeil

It's been a bad day, please don't take a picture.

Lucy growled in frustration at Arroyo's justification, be just shrugged, slouching as she just gave up pressing on with the issue. Mentally, she was exhausted and just wanted to flop onto whatever furniture the boat had turn her brain off for a few hours.

"Look...just...don't let it happen again, okay?"She grumbled.

She nodded as Arroyo whispered to her, then back towards the road the Scorpion went down.

"We'd never catch them anyways." Yet again she found herself powerless to have any real sway over the events unfolding around her.

"I just pray they have some clue as to what they're dealing with."

She started towards the boat. "Even if all the bullcrap the government spouts about the Wing Clippers is true, they're not Wing Clippers."

"I know I ain't a Aesilian anymore. I know I shouldn't care but...well, never mind."

She sighed. Gezz was one of the few Aesilian soldiers who had shown anything other then complete scorn for her. Gaak to a lesser degree...but then again, both had only known her as zombie. The fact Gaak didn't put a bullet in her skull instantly was enough for her. Then again, her "Province" was only really a part of "The greater Good" in the last few decades. Still, it was an odd thing, the kindness of strangers.

"Maybe in another life we could have been friends." the ocelot sighed aloud.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Mel Dragonkitty

Addy held her disgust off her face. She didn't want to touch the bug, and certainly didn't want to heal it. But if the Duke's son wanted a pet bug it was against her best interests to argue. After peeling off her gloves and carefully stowing them in a pocket she gingerly touched the insectus with fingertips. The information magically gathered was strange and unfamiliar to her but professional ego belatedly kicked in and she did her best work patching together the alien internal structures.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Lisky

(OOC: WHO'S READY FOR SOME GRIMDARK?! 8D)

Winged Wolf War Walker Warfare  

Nadia couldn't help but suppress a smirk as Seth came back.  "Tearing a hole through this thing may be easy... but look at the size of it... Trying to find the control room is going to tricky simply by the size of this thing... though, another thought occurred to me.  Something of this size probably has a sizeable ammunition magazine.  If we can get the shells to cook off, that could do some serious damage too.  Probably shut it down quicker than taking out the boiler's too."

As the Demoness and  Incubus were chatting, Seth could feel something drawing closer from further down the corridor.  Another bug was coming, and it was coming quickly.

Meanwhile Renard had urged Chris to head to the lower levels again,  "We'll try confrontation if it comes to that.  For now, though, I think there's more to do than just fighting through.  We might be tough, but we're not invincible... and from the looks of things, there's probably hundreds, if not thousands of bugs on board.  It'd be suicide to have everyone and everything looking for us.  But... if we find the ammunition storage... that could work... that could work well."

Back Alleys and Back Stabs

The first sign of something gone awry was when Kath felt a furry hand on his shoulder. "you'll wait here to find out if I have you for assault and attempted murder is what –you'll- do"

While extending his claws slightly, Kath could feel his skin hardening again through the subtle change in pressure on his shoulder.  It was clear the jackal was willing to fight on the matter.

A Giant Scorpion and a Van Full of Guns Roll into the woods...

The little girl was hugging her legs, and keeping quiet.  It seemed she was avoiding the gaze of either of the brothers.  She waggled her head in a nearly imperceptible nod, amongst the slow rocking she put herself into while holding herself in a tiny ball.

And the Van gets spotted first.   From their higher, and more open cockpit, the beavers are able to make out the large wheeled vehicle as it approached.  

Meanwhile, the merc was greeted by a strange sight, as the folded down support walker, clearly in a travel mode, given how it was moving on road-wheels.  They met at a straightaway, about a quarter-mile long.  The area around them was heavily forested, and the air still carried the slightest tinge of smoke, even this far out.

Broken Test or Broken Subject?

With another facepalm, the professor addressed Stephan again, "It's supposed to help us determine what you've got an affinity for... which... you tested completely flat, which means that, at least according to the basic test, you –have- no affinity... which... it doesn't work like that."  

A soft clapping in the background as a familiar face reappeared, "Quite so, good professor.  I think we've been pranked... certainly not by him... but given the affability of his leader... I wouldn't put it past him to pull something like this."   Giving a wicked grin, "Your headache is delightful by the way, pain and suffering, with a dash of incredulity... It always helps to bitter up my coffee to just how I like it."

The golden eyed jackal grinned ear to ear as he sat down, nose just a few inches from Stephan's  "I think the next thing to do is assign you a roommate... I mean.... If you're going to be here for a while"

Cap'n's Crunch

Avram's first hint that he was not in trouble was when the officer held his hand up finger's lightly splayed, in a "stop" motion.  "Relax, engineer.  This isn't anything official... Just an overly cautious captain making sure everything checks out with the new man on the project.  My future ship is the Halcyon, and I make it a mission to know everyone who's worked on it.  Given that you're working on one of the most important pieces to the ship, and you're someone new... well... I felt that I'd take the initiative to get to know you before launch.  So... what's your story? How'd you get into the field of soul powered magics?"  

Post Duel Prognosis

Instead of needing ice, the fennec was instead greeted with a ginger tap on the back of his head.  A small healing spell was applied and his ears stopped ringing.  Johan could hear the weapon's master start to greet the class as she ushered them back into the gym for a wrap-up.  

The Angel he'd just dueled patted him on the shoulder, as they both made their way into the after-action reports.  "Not bad... for a being"  He quipped with a sly grin.

Back on a Boat, MOTHERF....  

While their inner turmoil was just beginning, Lucy and Arroyo would note the area around them was completely calm.  A few boats sailed by, giving the smaller house-boat a wide berth as they moved by.  The stench of ash, smoke and death had long since dwindled, and the smell of fresh rain, with a tinge of pine was all that remained.  It was strangely peaceful all things considered.

Breaking and Entering, With a Side of Looting and Home Invasion

As the sister healed the bodily wounds, Baseel tapped her lightly on the shoulder when it seemed the wounds had at least been sealed and stabilized.  "It's okay... That's all I need... for it to live a little longer, and so it can talk.  No point wasting your energies on a dead bug, walking."  

Turning towards Paige, he thought Read him for me, if you'd be so kind... this is going to be painful and messy, but It needs to be quick.  He'll probably lie... but he'll be focusing on the truth he's hiding most likely.
Waiting just long enough for a subtle acknowledgement from the succubus, Baseel suddenly slipped a claw along one the bug's antennae, and sliced oh so lightly.   The demon canine winced at the metal on chalkboard like squeal of a scream the thing gave off.  "Good... I've got your attention."
The demon's  voice was deep, sinister and dripping with ill intent as he continued.  "You are going to tell me where you're keeping the new production models of your war walkers, and you're going to do it now.  If you lie to me, I'll make sure your fate is unusually drawn out and painful."
Slicing a little deeper, while holding it's mandibles shut to stifle it's scream.  "I think we've reached an understanding... so where's it at?"

The bug chattered, it's undamaged antennae wiggled slightly as he pointed down the left tunnel.  "It's... it's down that way... take your 2nd right, and follow to the factory district. "  His voice filled with fear and worry.

To Paige, the first thing she saw was that the factory was down the center tunnel.  The new mechs were being stored in a warehouse on the 7th tunnel, on the left.  She could feel him counting the tunnels, and it seemed he was doing everything in his power to say one thing, and think another.

A Long Journey Home

Haien's trip home was slow and uneventful.  He and his bodyguard took turns sleeping through the trip back to the aerodrome, then throughout the airship ride back into Nhylamar.  Drowsy footsteps slowly taking him to the door of his foundry, his main base of operations, and the closest place with a bed from the hanger he'd landed at.

The heavy wooden door slowly creaked open, but was stopped a little short of opening all the way.  It was dark, it would appear someone forgot the spell to activate the light orbs... or something.  Though, it was also a bit more quiet than usual... and... cool.  Weren't his crewmen supposed to be working on smelting that train-wreck?

It took a few moments for the next thing to settle in.  The cool air had stopped rushing in from behind the demon,  and now the air in the room had circulated.  It was almost deathly still and the smell of blood was in the air.  It was relatively fresh, and it's source was difficult to pinpoint.  It seemed to be emanating from everywhere inside.

As his eyes further adjusted to the gloom, the first thing he'd notice was a headless being corpse pinned to the wall.  A wooden rod, half again Haien's height and as thick as the demon's wrist, held the corpse in place.  A second body was cleaved in half, a cut from just under the shoulder, to just above the opposite hip.  The tissue between seeming to reach for each other, with the whole mess scattered about the stairs, discarded like so much garbage.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Arroyo Milori

O' captain, my Captain!

Upon reaching the nearly destroyed docks to the what is now ghost town, the boat's captain climbs aboard his boat  and faces his passenger, extending his arm. " You know it won't be safe,  but I assume you'll find a way to make use of yourself aboard my ship." With a snap of his fingers, the bolted door to the "bridge" of the fairly sized Bleu Riviera unlocked to his whim. " If you can't tell, the whole boat is powered by water and steam. You can say it's pretty friendly to the environment. And with the right spells in mind, and right equipment to build this boat; you can overclock it to make it go a bit faster than what most boats of these type can go." He kneels down  on the deck of the ship, touching a part of one of the empty sigils carved onto the ship. " It's rare I get to overclock the thing though, with all the traffic in the streams lately..."

He looked to the skies, letting out a small sigh. " Someday, she will fly..."

Inumo

Compromising the American Way

With a sigh, Kath looked at the officer and said, "Alright, compromise. I'm not losing my mark, though." With that, he walked back and wrapped his arms around the jackal before he could protest. "Don't struggle," he said sincerely, "or I might drop you on accident." With that, Kathostral once again pushed off with a force blast, taking the officer with him. "I'm sorry it has to be this way, sir," he said, following the route of his target, "but I'm on a tight schedule if I'm going to ensure an opening on a ship's crew."

Tapewolf

Inside the metal bug thing

"Someone's coming," Seth hissed, pointing at the corridor.  "Think it's just the one of them."

techmaster-glitch

A scorpion and a van in the middle of the road.

Gezzemocht sighs and leans back in the cockpit. The poor girl seems to be completely shut down, but has enough presence of mind to nod back. Well...kindness, caring, and not rushing things should help. She'll heal eventually, she just needs time.
  Gaakronacht suddenly speaks up from the front cockpit. "Van on the road. Looks modified. Might be another merc."
  Gezz looks up. "Heading the direction we just came from? Flag them down. If they're heading for the town, we'll tell them there's nothing left."
  As the two vehicles draw closer, Gaak waves his arm and slows the Storm Scorp to a stop, waiting for the driver of the van to do the same.

JamesCray

Duel Denouement

Johan sighed in relief as his ears started acting right again, and the throb in his skull eased away. With the pain out of the way, the adrenaline left over from the fight was left free to do more amusing things, like set him a bit giddy. He was beginning to suspect his old fencing coach had just been hard on his students.

"Thanks, haven't had that much fun since University. Must admit I was surprised I managed to land one, are all Angels vulnerable to out-of-practice blue-blood-types?" the fennec asked, returning the teasing grin. With the way they were bantering, he was pretty sure this was going to end in friendship, a fight, or possibly both.

rammenstein

Bought a pair of brogues rattling o'er the bogs
And fright'ning all the dogs on the rocky road to Dublin.
One, two, three four, five.

As the dust cloud grew closer, Rowen was able to make out the source. A walker, scorpion. It was in some form of travel mode, and was making pretty good speed for something so large. It certainly didn't seem hostile, so the badger allowed himself to relax in his seat. Eventually, he got close enough to make out the occupants of the vehicle, and noticed that one of them was waving him down. He was a little ahead of schedule anyway, and had some time to chat.

The merc pushed the clutch in and brought his van out of gear, letting it coast the rest of the way. He eventually came to a stop close to the walker, killing the engine before opening the door and stepping out. The badger was big, very big, standing at almost six-and-a-half feet and weighing in at well over two hundred pounds of muscle. Despite his imposing stature, he smiled up at the two brothers, giving them a friendly wave.

"Wotcha, friends! Wot brings ya so close ter the border?"

Boom.

techmaster-glitch

Side of the road

While the badger wasn't the biggest being the Vaponci brothers had ever seen, he definitely ranked up there. To the badger, on the other hand, he saw that the large support mech in fact had two cockpits; one in front that looked like a pilot's cockpit, and one in back controlling a tail-like turret. Both open cockpits were manned by two similar-looking beaver beings. Brothers, they must be. They were also both clad in authentic Aelisium military light pilot's armor/uniforms, but without any insignias, ranks, or medals; a common practice among former Aelisian military individuals turned mercenary who wanted to advertise that despite being mercenary, they felt more loyalty to the country than to the money.
   The one in the front cockpit waves back again, and calls down to the driver of the van. "Ho there, friend! Are you looking to investigate that smoke in the distance? No point, I'm afraid, we just came from there. Everyone in an entire township is gone, vanished into thin air, and a few buildings burnt down. It's a Creature incursion, we were assaulted by one, but it got away, our mech's not good for fighting individual Creatures at close range. We're headed to Redhill Garrison to alert units in the area and get the Wing Clippers on the case to flush this vile thing out. You'd probably best head another direction, unless you want to try and track the Creature yourself. Otherwise, there's nothing left this way."