Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on March 09, 2010, 05:35:34 PM
on an unrelated note, i've got a rough map sketched out of the region.  It's in the northern hemisphere, and the arctic circle is just a smidge above the very top.  I'll get it colored, and add more details in the near future, but figured for reference sake, this would be helpful.

What are the numbered regions?  And I guess it's going to be a bit cold there...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

The numbered regions are smaller nations who, due to either positioning or local populace, switch rulers, government type and/or names every 20-30 years, and as such, don't have official names on any map... let alone official borders.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

I have made a few - possibly rash - assumptions about how far the train wreck is from the capital of Nhylamar.  Let me know if there's a problem and I'll see if I can rework it.

EDIT:

Quote from: SpottedKitty on March 10, 2010, 05:24:17 PM
... Her sense of time told her it should be about time for morning mass... no, she wouldn't be going to any services for a long time. Maybe never again.

Okay, now I'm really curious.

WhiteFox

Any PCs at the train wreck want to hook up with Gabriel?

If someone needs a ride, Walsh could tow a wagon or the like.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 12, 2010, 01:28:15 AM
Any PCs at the train wreck want to hook up with Gabriel?

After Seth has done what he's doing with the trapped passengers, then sure.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2010, 06:40:58 AM

Quote from: SpottedKitty on March 10, 2010, 05:24:17 PM

... Her sense of time told her it should be about time for morning mass... no, she wouldn't be going to any services for a long time. Maybe never again.

Okay, now I'm really curious.

Nothing more nefarious than usual, Zelah's just gone on the run from his homeland, and it's starting to sink in how many normal everyday things he won't be able to do again. Aeliseium might want his head on a platter — body optional— but he'd lived there all his life. It was home.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

QuoteNothing more nefarious than usual, Zelah's just gone on the run from his homeland, and it's starting to sink in how many normal everyday things he won't be able to do again. Aeliseium might want his head on a platter — body optional— but he'd lived there all his life. It was home.

Aw, shame.  I thought she'd gone to Mass and completely freaked out in some darkly amusing fashion.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 03, 2010, 07:36:00 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 03, 2010, 04:04:35 PM
* A Stirling-powered motorcycle of his own design
Woo-hoo! We can race.  :3

By the way, somethe else interesting, Tezkat also has a bike (though his is Sevastria Magitech, instead of Nhylamar magic+tech, and it flies), which means we've got three characters with "steampunk" bikes.

Oh yes, there better be a race...  >:3

And on a more practical note, you guys could even team up (you're even all starting out in the same place!) and make up some kind of light cavalry lance or something, when you meet up with a large party...think of the possibilities! :D

SquirrelWizard

we need a demon from Anhk'ator with his own steampowered moster of a bike, and we'll have our own 4 horsemen of the steampunk apocalypse.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Kafzeil

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on March 12, 2010, 02:29:55 PM
we need a demon from Anhk'ator with his own steampowered moster of a bike, and we'll have our own 4 horsemen of the steampunk apocalypse.

DAMMIT! Why didn't I think of that before?
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Lisky

Because being a demon from Ahnk' Ator is to be signing up for life of either slavery or a quick execution, depending on how powerful they are :P

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

SquirrelWizard

but he rides a giant freaking soot belching bike! He's a rebel!
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Kafzeil

Quote from: Basilisk on March 12, 2010, 02:33:10 PM
Because being a demon from Ahnk' Ator is to be signing up for life of either slavery or a quick execution, depending on how powerful they are :P

Well, then Insectis then. The boke would also likely resemble a ATV then an actual motorbike.  :P

Also, I am so tempted to join up with glitch and Ashens' characters now.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

WhiteFox

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on March 12, 2010, 02:29:55 PM

Can I be Plague? I mean, Gabriel is a rat after all.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lisky

figured i'd go post a quick note with shopping starting to occur, so as people don't get confused or make up too much

Money for Sevastia'Nyad is paper currency, Dollars and cents, though the banking system is advanced enough to have the magical equivalent of debit cards.  Where, upon using the slip of paper, a specific amount of money is transferred from one account to another.  It's not so much automated, merely, the paper sends a signal, which is transcribed at a bank, who then performs the proper paper work to have funds transferred directly.

In Voethfel, money is in weight of gold or silver.  In Nhylamar it's in gold, silver and copper coins, in Aeliseium it's in Marks and Pents (paper and coin currency respectively) and there's a paper system in Ahnk Ator, though based on a gold and silver standard.  Every Flect is worth .01g gold.  Flect being the insectic currency, which has since become the standard.

Tapewolf

Tipod

"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

WhiteFox

For those who are interested, I finished colouring Gabriels picture. Updated the link in his bio accordingly.

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 14, 2010, 03:25:34 AM
For those who are interested, I finished colouring Gabriels picture. Updated the link in his bio accordingly.

Just checking, is that Sethir you've spotted in the RP?

WhiteFox

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 15, 2010, 07:56:55 PM
Confirmed.

Ah well, the sudden change in situation kind of banjaxed that.

Anyway, what keeps the Zep aloft?  And is Seth going to know?

Lisky

It's a rigid-structure, supported by lift bags, it's a zeppelin with a built in structure...  for a horribly rough reference something akin to this (better links down below, and this link is broken) though, note that it's far less armed... and far more lightly armored.  It's a military medium transport with a couple of cannons added for protection.

Tapewolf

That link's blocked by the side, I think you have to link to the parent article instead.

Tezkat

Or you could just refresh the page without a referrer URL... :animesweat

Anyways, it's a concept sketch of the Silverna from Last Exile. I managed to locate an artbook scan with a higher res colour image. Last Exile = awesome and win. :3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Azlan

Quote from: Tezkat on March 16, 2010, 12:31:01 PM

Or you could just refresh the page without a referrer URL... :animesweat

Anyways, it's a concept sketch of the Silverna from Last Exile. I managed to locate an artbook scan with a higher res colour image. Last Exile = awesome and win. :3

Last Exile designs seem appropriate in this RP.  Tez, do you remember what the name of the advanced ship the Anatoray were using to hunt the Silverna (Silvana?)with?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tezkat

Are you thinking of the Urbanus? Been some years since I last watched that show...
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Azlan

Yes, that is it!  Thanks, off to contemplate FH now.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

In other news, the wonderful Lucheek has done a sketch of my two brothers! :mowhappy

Link to the sketch added to my character sheet. (And in case anyone's wondering, their outfits are supposed to be lighter versions of the armor worn by the pilot in this video. She says she can't do steampunk well, but I think she did a great job :) )

Tapewolf

Okay, here's a question that Seth himself would know the answer to, but I don't:
What are the legal implications of killing the airship guys if they are enemy soldiers, and how different would it be if they were pirates?

Lisky

Given the fact that they're an organized unit, and are actively raiding Nhylamar, none whatsoever.  In fact, devouring their souls would be completely acceptable under such circumstances, as they'd all be tried, and probably found guilty of piracy... which is a soul-executable offense