Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kafzeil

Whatever happens I'll still play. Restarting means I *could* use another character since virtually nobody played Aesllian, leaving me with Glitch for most of the RP, but I do like using this particular version of Lucy. It's a tough call.

But yeah, do what you need to do. I'll still be here if you activate the Beat Mesa and scratch this session.  :3
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Kafzeil on August 01, 2012, 09:39:13 PM
Whatever happens I'll still play. Restarting means I *could* use another character since virtually nobody played Aesllian, leaving me with Glitch for most of the RP

Wow, I'm sorry I'm apparently such a bad dude to be around. :shifty

(Kidding, I don't think you actually meant that in that way, but it was kinda a poor choice of words. :animesweat )

AmberCross

Quote from: Kafzeil on August 01, 2012, 09:39:13 PM
But yeah, do what you need to do. I'll still be here if you activate the Beat Mesa and scratch this session.  :3
Do I smell a homestuck reference?

Anyway, my two cents about this is that my character hasn't been around for me to get terribly attached to him. I like the concept as a character, but I didn't get invested enough between the updates since I joined. Plus I was kind of playing him wrong anyway. Inevitably when I play a character it mutates something fierce from the concept I start with. Too much of my own personality leaking through I think. Anyway, if we retcon the start of this, I may use it as a way to move my character to NPC status since unless Bas changes his mind again (and I really wouldn't put it past him) I'm going to be the co-GM.

Kafzeil

Glitch. I mean no offence. It it was literally *just* us. Bas and his crew of badasses where off having high adventures while Lucy and Bros...yeah. Things did pick up around the village thing, but yeah. Poor choice of words on my part.

Yes, Ace. That was a Homestuck reference. I make all the references, ALL OF THEM--okay I'll stop for now.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

rammenstein

I'm up for it! I'll prolly keep my character, since I never really got to do much with him. And maybe this time he won't roll a nat 1 on the very first thing he does. :B

Boom.

JamesCray

Either way, I'm not going anywhere. I certainly know the feeling of "rewrite after rewrite", but that's also how I barely get anything done in my own creative endeavours, so it's probably not a good idea to let that take over too much.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

Lisky

Ohkay... so i'm going to take an official vote here.

Restart:

Railroad Parties Together:

Continue as best i can, but with continued slow updates:

Choose one, and i'll do my best to get things moving properly ASAP... creativity is there... but it's not really focused D:

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

littlekreen

techmaster-glitch

I'm a little leery of railroading since that might end badly for my characters in particular, though more slow posts is also not so great. Restarting would be worst, though.

So, floating vote for either railroading or continuing as-is slowly, whichever looks like is pulling ahead. Just not restarting.

AmberCross

I'm honestly a bit curious as to how restarting would work. Would we reset with the same characters or would it be more like a retcon where the beginnings are posthumously declared to be different with the result of current timeline being much the same? Either way, I don't overall care too much what option we pick.

Inumo

Honestly, I'm with any. The railroad would likely do little on my character's story, but I feel it'd be easier to railroad with a fresh batch of locations from the restart. However, I understand that some people have done a lot more than just get into a sparring match and chase after a 'Cubi with an officer in tow. :P So, railroad or restart, either works for me. Just not this slow pace that's currently in place; it's difficult to remember what you've done with such large time gaps.

SquirrelWizard

Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Kafzeil

I'm kinda wary of railroading with the current batch of characters. No offence to Bas, but if done poorly it can be jaring. And while Bas is a capable GM, the possibility is still there. Still, i see as potential viable. It just has to be treated like a surgeon's scalpel; careful and considerate but still changing things.

I'll stick around for anything so long as we can get out of this slow as Hell funk.

I suppose if I had to vote and choose one...restart, but again, so long as this puppy continues in some from, I'll be happy.

JamesCray

I'm going to be useless and say that I'm okay with either a reboot or a railroad. (Of course the railfan would be okay with railroading.) of the two, I suspect a reboot might be better for my character individually, but that's mostly because it would effectively remove some of the Early Installment Weirdness that came from me getting a feel for the character.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Kafzeil on August 04, 2012, 04:41:10 PM
I'm kinda wary of railroading with the current batch of characters. No offence to Bas, but if done poorly it can be jaring. And while Bas is a capable GM, the possibility is still there. Still, i see as potential viable. It just has to be treated like a surgeon's scalpel; careful and considerate but still changing things.

Quoted For Truth. This is exactly what I was trying to say, but Kaf said it in much better words.

I wonder if it would help (if we wind up doing this) for players to privately communicate with the GM exactly what carrots (and/or sticks) their characters will respond to.

Yugo

I would definitely want a reboot, especially because when I joined I was dropped into effectively the middle of nowhere. There were no other characters to interact with whatsoever. Being a part of it from the beginning would mean I would have stuff for my character to do.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

rammenstein

Boom.

Lisky

I'm thinking about trying to Choo choo this beast into a useable format at the moment... but if it doesn't work and a reboot ends up in order... well... i'm trying my best... in the event of a reboot, i'll give you all notes of what is and isn't IC available knowledge that has been learned in the game... chances are, the reboot would simply be "starting the game over" with a week advancement, and an appropriate repositioning of characters, with a summary of major events known to all, and PM of character specific events to those who need them.  Basically, it's a hybridization of the two... i hope that's accepatable... because i think that's the most doable for me to get this on track.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Meany

Quickly everyone!  Lock up the wimmen-folk and hide the booze, then everyone get out your motivation bats and let's help Bas out!

Kafzeil

I don't have a motivational bat Meany. I do have this TASER though. That good?>=D

Meany

Tipod

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 14 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

I was going to say something original but that message seems pretty appropriate.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Lisky

Okay soo... what i've decided on is to go and move everyone forwards one week in time.  If you'd like to add a character, take yours out, or replace them with someone new... Feel free to let me know now or within the next few days.... As i'll be taking my free weekend next week.  So ya... good times to be had! :B  Also, if you want to add a second character, this is another possibility...

If you've been quiet for a while, this is a chance to rejoin as well.  Sooo... shoutout for interest and stuff! See you guys IC soon!

littlekreen

Might take me a minute to step back into the character but I'm still here, heh.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tipod

So long as I get a chance to pull some Last of the Mohicans shit with Bart I'm in.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

techmaster-glitch

Ehh...how are you going to handle me and Ram, Bas? Where we left off, we had literally just -started- a battle, and what our respective characters would do after is likely heavily dependant on how the battle goes...

Kafzeil

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 16, 2012, 02:19:54 PM
Ehh...how are you going to handle me and Ram, Bas? Where we left off, we had literally just -started- a battle, and what our respective characters would do after is likely heavily dependant on how the battle goes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU

I'm, I kid...I...I couldn't resist! >:3

Lisky

Right, so... headache of exams is in the past... now it's time to enjoy some lovely creative times!  AC, if you're still around, lemme know :B