07/28/06 - Look out for those see thru windows

Started by Zedd, July 28, 2006, 12:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saist

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on July 28, 2006, 06:03:01 PM
Well, TECHNICALLY they don't allow men in, but do you know what they do with the men they capture? :3

they kill them.

Aridas

Maybe, but how do you think they keep their numbers up...?

Amber Williams

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on July 28, 2006, 06:10:34 PM

Through a resourceful and openminded adoption agency. :3

Aridas

Well, you got me there. I'm out of ideas.

Netami

Quote from: Amber Panyko on July 28, 2006, 06:18:23 PM

Lies. That is just propoganda. It's a well known fact that Amazonians capture unwilling males for mating rituals. Then they devour them!  D:

Dakata

Quote from: Netami on July 28, 2006, 06:21:57 PM
Quote from: Amber Panyko on July 28, 2006, 06:18:23 PM

Lies. That is just propoganda. It's a well known fact that Amazonians capture unwilling males for mating rituals. Then they devour them!  D:
Mating rituals? D: Don't you mean Snu-Snu?

Edit: That's how it's spelled, right? >>

Netami

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netami on July 28, 2006, 06:21:57 PM

It's widely accepted that the rituals involve replacing lightbulbs, fixing shelves, mowing lawns etc, and will wear down the strongest consitution in short order...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Hmmmm...Well I wish i knew how put the date in XD

LoneHowler

Quote from: Zedd on July 28, 2006, 03:16:00 AM
For those whos a cubi or any flying furre out there...Tell me...Can you fly?

This just popped into my head

**Good evening and this is the six-oclock news. Today a winged furry flew into a main power line, knocking out power to the west end of the city for over a hour. thankfully the furry survived and had this to say for herself. "I was running late for work and I missed my bus, there wasn't going to be another bus for a hour. I knew if I was late today my boss would fire me. so I decided to wing it."

the mayor would like to remind everyone that there is a flying ban within the city. if you wish to fly there are several flight parks, many of which are only a hour away, and offer many flying lessons such as "defencive flying. how to recognize dangerous obstacles while in flight" and instructions on how to use the new GPS/ proximity detector that is now required for anyone flying outside parks**

*edit I blame this on the cold medication and the late hour*
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Sid

Quote from: Zedd on July 28, 2006, 10:31:19 PM
Just go back to the very first post in the thread, hit the "Modify" button (should be right next to the "Quote" button, maybe a few skins call it "Edit", I dunno, I'm using the DMFA Skin) and insert a "07/28/06" (or "28/07/06", or whatever dateformat you like) either at the beginning or the end of the Subject line.

For example: "07/28/06 - Look out for those see thru windows"
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: LoneHowler on July 29, 2006, 04:47:55 AM
**Good evening and this is the six-oclock news. Today a winged furry flew into a main power line, knocking out power to the west end of the city for over a hour. thankfully the furry survived and had this to say for herself.

Just one nitpick: I suspect flying into a 3-phase 110kv supply counts as 'being killed by normal means'  D:

Quote from: Sid on July 29, 2006, 06:02:02 AM
Quote from: Zedd on July 28, 2006, 10:31:19 PM
Just go back to the very first post in the thread, hit the "Modify" button (should be right next to the "Quote" button, maybe a few skins call it "Edit", I dunno, I'm using the DMFA Skin) and insert a "07/28/06" (or "28/07/06", or whatever dateformat you like) either at the beginning or the end of the Subject line.

It goes really weird if you modify the title in the last post :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drake Manaweilder

Well the only way one could get killed like that would be by flying into 2 or more lines, thus causing a short-circut between lines and turning the flyer into the biggest pair of crispy chicken wings in the world.

that or him snapping the line and coming into contact with both live ends and a simular result occuring.

(I beleve thats the way it works, otherwise every sparrow that ever landed on a power wire would be popcorn chicken in half a heartbeat)

bill

Yeah, and in a world where people flying into power lines is a distinct possibility, they may either have different designs to prevent such a stupid hilarious tragic thing from occuring.

That, or some giant ACHTUNG AVERTISSEMENT WARNING OHSA approved signs.

Damien Holtz

Yes, that is the way it works Drake... although I think just one end of a cut powerline is enough for ELECTROCUTION FUN TRAGEDY

bill

Zedd

Dont worry Zedd's been shocked by power of 1.21 jigawatts! And yet he still lives! Roasted alive by bon and FKK and yet he still lives! Not to mention accidenlty ended up in the gullet of a dragon and still survived

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on July 29, 2006, 01:37:12 PM
Well the only way one could get killed like that would be by flying into 2 or more lines, thus causing a short-circut between lines and turning the flyer into the biggest pair of crispy chicken wings in the world.

(I beleve thats the way it works, otherwise every sparrow that ever landed on a power wire would be popcorn chicken in half a heartbeat)

Yes - you either have to short the power line to ground, or across phases.  Of course you don't necessarily have to touch them to do that:

http://205.243.100.155/frames/B-1196%20switching%20failure.JPG

And it gets worse on 230kv lines:
http://205.243.100.155/frames/longarc.htm#Disconnect
..on that site there's also a 500kv arc.

Just quickly searching, there seem to be a number of glider pilots who've survived hitting 11kv feeds (with 15% burns or so).  I'm not sure about 110kv though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears