01/18/10 [Clans #3] - Kish'Ta - She's a Bat

Started by Anker Steadfast, January 18, 2010, 04:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attic Rat

In that outfit, she's a hairy Kish'Ta...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Attic Rat

Not many people can have a face-to-face with themselves without a mirror.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

iceick

She looks rather foxy to me. And to think, she's even older than Fa'lina.

gh0st

that's metal, it's camping, it's in-tents. wow, she puled her face off, i don't think they could possibly make a scenario in which that doesn't result in everyone in the room immediately freaking out.

iceick

Heck I've seen worse, so seeing her pull her face off wouldn't freak me out if I saw it in person.

iceick

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 18, 2010, 05:36:17 PM
Quote from: Techcubi on January 18, 2010, 05:31:45 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 05:29:11 PM
Oh? I thought that being a Tri-Wing and a Clan Founder was connected ?
So I guess they could be Tri-wings without being Clan Founders/leaders and thus still being able to bear children ?

Makes me wonder .. could there be Quad-Wings as well ?

Isn't Tri-wing as high as it gets with Cubi?

No, I think cubis can transcend their tri-wing status to a more ethereal God-form, but I may be going by fan fictions as well.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that cubi can found clans without being tri-winged.  After all, that is the best way to grow one's clan after founding it.  It would kind of suck to found a clan and then not be able to grow it because your sterile from your power.

In fan fictions people have been creating clans founded by just two-winged cubis that were old enough, experienced enough, and powerful enough to alter their own symbols into new ones.

Actually when Cubi become clan leaders they lose the ability to have children.

jeffh4

First, notice how the Current Status says "Kish'Ta and her clan are doing well."  Really?!? There are only 84 members of her clan. That seems like a pretty tiny number considering the number of being out there, and the zillions of Adventurers that would love to have a cubi head mounted on the wall. Uh, maybe not hers though.

Also, I agree that the image is SCARY! I mean, look at it! Female body and male head! I would have been screaming bloody murder even before the face came off!

One thing that people have alluded to is how to start your own clan.  I'm pretty sure that's was Aniz was trying to do (or at least grow it to the point he could be a powerful Clan Leader). Fa'Lina put a stop to it here, noting that this was not the first time she's done so: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_015.php

ChaosMageX

Quote from: iceick on January 18, 2010, 11:44:10 PM
Actually when Cubi become clan leaders they lose the ability to have children.

Fa'lina is sterile because she's a tri-wing.

A cubi can create a clan without being a tri-wing, but the main stream way of creating a clan has not yet been revealed, so we don't know how much power and experience it takes to do so.

Besides, phrased exactly as it is, your statement is incorrect because an ordinary, still virile cubi can become leader of a clan by taking it over from the original founder, usually due to founder expiring or becoming indisposed in some way.

Icon by Sunblink

iceick

Quote from: DMFA Cast: Fa'lina-History
As a clan founder, Fa'Lina was no longer able to have children of her own...

From this it suggests that founders can no longer have children, but they have their children before becoming leaders.

Quote from: DMFA Cast: Fa'lina-Quirks/Fun Facts
Despite being a founder, Fa'Lina never seems to show her third wings in public.

And this suggests that all founders have third wings.
:necro

Lego3400

Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 01:17:10 AM

No. This suggests Fa'Lina has 3 sets of wings, and as her cast page shows, she does. She just hides them.

Also, just to point this out..,. the feet don't match the "suit" either <.<

Wanderer

My response to this update? "GAH! WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!"

Seriously, that is one of the most disturbing things I've seen on this site.

Lego3400

Quote from: Wanderer on January 19, 2010, 01:35:51 AM
My response to this update? "GAH! WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!"

Seriously, that is one of the most disturbing things I've seen on this site.

And it will likely stay that way. This pushes amber's self imposed PG rating and likely breaks it, which she has only otherwise done for Abel's story.

techmaster-glitch

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Lego3400 on January 19, 2010, 01:39:12 AM

And it will likely stay that way.

Maybe not for long. Remember, in the rant Amber didn't say Kish'ta was the creepiest of the clan leaders...

<hides behind sofa, peeks through fingers>

I wonder, will this mini-arc settle the question of whether all clan leaders/founders are (or become) giants, or does appearing like that just tickle Cyra's fancy?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Lego3400

Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 19, 2010, 02:17:21 AM
Quote from: Lego3400 on January 19, 2010, 01:39:12 AM

And it will likely stay that way.

Maybe not for long. Remember, in the rant Amber didn't say Kish'ta was the creepiest of the clan leaders...

<hides behind sofa, peeks through fingers>

I wonder, will this mini-arc settle the question of whether all clan leaders/founders are (or become) giants, or does appearing like that just tickle Cyra's fancy?

That's exactly what I meant. By her being the creepiest she's bound to remain the creepiest thing on the site.

iceick

Quote from: Lego3400 on January 19, 2010, 01:32:45 AM
Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 01:17:10 AM

No. This suggests Fa'Lina has 3 sets of wings, and as her cast page shows, she does. She just hides them.

Did you miss the "Despite being a founder" part in my post. That's were I based my conclusion from that all clan leaders must have 3 sets of wings.

Quote from: Lego3400 on January 19, 2010, 01:32:45 AM
Also, just to point this out..,. the feet don't match the "suit" either <.<

Yes, her hands, feet and wings are not part of the suit, but part of her real form.

jeffh4

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 19, 2010, 01:41:48 AM
Quote from: jeffh4 on January 19, 2010, 12:54:29 AM
Female body and male head!
What makes you think the head's male? :confused
Upon second look, there is a hint of long eyelashes on the head.  I guess I didn't see them because of the hand that's almost in the way.  Long eyelashes are the univeral furry way to show femininity on a noggin.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 19, 2010, 12:54:29 AM
First, notice how the Current Status says "Kish'Ta and her clan are doing well."  Really?!? There are only 84 members of her clan. That seems like a pretty tiny number considering the number of being out there, and the zillions of Adventurers that would love to have a cubi head mounted on the wall. Uh, maybe not hers though.

Someone I know asked Amber how big clans usually were.  The answer was that a healthy clan was normally about 20-60 members or something like that.  So unless you compare them with Siar clan (which had around 2000 members at one point) they are doing well.
Remember that there's supposedly about 30'000 'Cubi in the whole world.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

jeffh4

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2010, 03:17:46 AM
Someone I know asked Amber how big clans usually were.  The answer was that a healthy clan was normally about 20-60 members or something like that.  So unless you compare them with Siar clan (which had around 2000 members at one point) they are doing well.
Remember that there's supposedly about 30'000 'Cubi in the whole world.
OK. Twelve active clans. Average of say 40 per clan. That makes 480 out of the 30,000.  What am I missing? Are >98% of cubi associated with no clan or clans with dead clan leaders?

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 19, 2010, 03:31:28 AM
OK. Twelve active clans. Average of say 40 per clan. That makes 480 out of the 30,000.  What am I missing? Are >98% of cubi associated with no clan or clans with dead clan leaders?

We don't know how the distribution works, but we do know that there are about 12 clans with Tri-Wing leaders and that there have only been 200-400 Tri-Wings in the 100'000 year history of the race (depending on whether you take Amber's sickly figure or Mink's figure.  Also 30'000 came from sick Amber so it may be wrong/changed since).
So yes, most of them are clans with dead Tri-wings, or normal two-winged leaders (i.e. a non-Founder is de-facto head of the clan).  I'm not sure you can have a clanless 'Cubi.

iceick

Well it was noted that there are over 400 clan leaders that have died, but it doesn't necessarily mean that all cubi in those clans have died out. For example Able's clan leader is dead, but his clan is still around.

Tapewolf

Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 03:38:30 AM
Well it was noted that there are over 400 clan leaders that have died, but it doesn't necessarily mean that all cubi in those clans have died out. For example Able's clan leader is dead, but his clan is still around.

True.  To make things worse I remember reading that some clans have (or have had) multiple Tri-wings in them, which made the whole 'creating a clan' business even more murky.
Don't have time to find the citation, though - must go to work.  Aary's Journal mentioned it IIRC but take that with a pinch of salt.  I'm sure I've seen a more trusted source (i.e. Amber)

Feather Dancer

Don't know about anyone else but I think she's dead cool personally. I mean whats a little de-ttachable face amongst friends and coworkers?
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Feather Dancer on January 19, 2010, 03:51:10 AM
Don't know about anyone else but I think she's dead cool personally. I mean whats a little de-ttachable face amongst friends and coworkers?

Murdering someone just so that you can skin them and hollow out their head as a mask is something I'd consider a tad antisocial.  Though to be fair, we don't know if this is what she actually did, or even if it's real at all and not just a nightmare she's created.

Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 19, 2010, 02:17:21 AM

And Siar.  I don't know, but I doubt they have to.  If you want to impress or intimidate your children, giant is the way to go.  If you want them to think of you as a friend and equal, you'd probably assume a normal 2-wing form most of the time - accurate communication is only possible between equals.

iceick

Of course, cubi's feed off of emotions so killing their victims would be rather pointless, especially since they can shapeshift to make thier apperance change (even as much as being able to take off thier face), or go directly into someones dreams where they have more control over thier appearance.

Tapewolf

Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 04:36:23 AM
Of course, cubi's feed off of emotions so killing their victims would be rather pointless, especially since they can shapeshift to make thier apperance change (even as much as being able to take off thier face), or go directly into someones dreams where they have more control over thier appearance.

This is quite correct.  However, I don't think she needs to feed anymore - I've heard that Tri-Wings may generate their own energy.  And in any case it doesn't stop her from killing someone and/or eating their soul because it's fun or because they annoyed her in some way...

iceick

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2010, 05:44:53 AM
And in any case it doesn't stop her from killing someone and/or eating their soul because it's fun or because they annoyed her in some way...

Heh, heh, heh, so very true.

EDIT:
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2010, 05:44:53 AM
However, I don't think she needs to feed anymore - I've heard that Tri-Wings may generate their own energy.

So Fa'lina only feeds on emotions for fun?

MT Hazard

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 18, 2010, 05:07:07 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:58:18 PM

Quote from: thegayhare on January 18, 2010, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:50:41 PM

You are not allowed to view this image.

Are you a member of FA?
The image is rated mature, probably for the blood

Nope, I'm not.

Same here, and I see no reason for me to join sites just so I can follow a link.

And its not as if some one could post it somewhere else *cough* photobucket *cough*
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf