Weekly Webcast #050: inFAMOUS/GoWII/Okami - Smokey Bear's BDay

Started by Balade, February 28, 2010, 06:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balade

Slowly working our way to the end of inFAMOUS, Cole vs the gigantic glowing pink nazis. Starting up Gears of War II, more locust stomping action galore! And in theory, more Okami grinding! she'll beat that game eventually....

http://www.javgw.com
http://www.justin.tv/balade

For those who don't know, there's new content on the ww.javgw.com site! I'll be posting more videos as I complete them.

quickfire13

Hey, can I get unbanned from the chat?

I was trying to explain to the person on the chat who was flipping out over his PS3 not logging in about the fact that it was merely a Server problem, which he refused. He kept posting links to forums that had a group of people in mass hysteria because they hadn't grasped the concept yet either. I got banned because I "continued to troll" even though I was merely trying to help out this person and settle down his sense of entitlement and frustration. You may counter that I ignored warnings to stop, but truthfully those messages were not relayed to me until after I had already been banned, as a result of lag in the stream which I had mentioned earlier in the chat(before the frustrated PSN guy came on).

With thanks,
quickfire13

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quickfire, did you read the rules?

Specifically, rule 2, section C, here copied for your enlightenment:
On the topic of settling scores, old scores from other forums (chat rooms, etc.) will not be tolerated. Do not bring business from other forums here (flamewars or otherwise). Those issues need to be settled at the original location.

In other words - the mods are not the moderators of a random other chat from somewhere else. Please do not bring their drama into here.

This is your one and only warning.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

quickfire13

Well sorry, this is for the Justin.tv broadcast of JAVGW where I am currently banned in the chat. Therefore I can not even enlighten them to the circumstances. I would message on justin.tv but I do not know how to get to their profiles. When I click on search Balade, for example it brings me to the broadcast. But whatever.

~QF13

Madd the Sane

Moot point anyways. He is unbanned anyways.

And Balade has a way too affectionate cat. I even heard it meow  :boogie
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Mao

I should point out that a warning from a mod was typed in chat, and *several* were given verbally over the span of 5-10 minutes.  I understand that you were lagging, but I rather doubt you were lagging that much.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 01, 2010, 05:41:47 AM
I should point out that a warning from a mod was typed in chat, and *several* were given verbally over the span of 5-10 minutes.  I understand that you were lagging, but I rather doubt you were lagging that much.

It's worth noting that some computers that are slower have lag issues and when they lag and the cast freezes, when it unfreezes it picks up where it frooze at sometimes, giving a much longer span of lag time. When the ban happened, I hadnt even caught up to the point in the cast where I heard it verbally.
Not that it matters now anyway, I thought that it would be useful information.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 01, 2010, 05:41:47 AM

indeed, and the chat doesn't (or shouldn't) lag that much even if there's considerable lag on the cast itself, either. folks were warned, then summarily punted for their transgressions. If they didn't heed or hear those warnings, for whatever rhyme or reason, that's their problem. The simple fact of the matter was that the discussion was grating on people's nerves.

Seems fair to me, overall. Also to note bringing any sort of grudge to a forum because it was linked to the cast is just impolite as well.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..