Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

Okay, though I'm horribly unfamiliar with the US military structure ^_^;;

I'll do more search to bring my application more in line with the 'researcher'
The All Purpose Fox

Valynth

Quote from: Azlan on March 31, 2007, 03:36:13 AM
Valynth ---> okay, the real pirate thing works.  However, the Confederation of Worlds does not sanction privateering, only the Star Imperium does.  So I shall make you an adventuring mercenary who singed on to hunt pirates and other enemies of the Confederation.  Approved

Okay, so how should I enter?  Should I shuttle in with a group of other mercs, solo, or wait for the crew to actually mention hiring mercs or some such?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Azlan

At the moment, all individuals associated with the "pirates" are contained and restricted movement until everything is sorted out.  Currently your character is on the space station under containment by ISF marines.

You can enter under a restricted, semi-imprisoned (house arrest) situation.  Mostly as setting up background and interacting with NPCs that can exist as merely names or can be fleshed out by yourself as needed.  I allow most players to mold their situations to their own needs.

Keep in mind:

You are unarmed
You have no authority over ISF marines or forces
You are restricted in movement to the personal quarters and Mess areas.
You have no access to external systems
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Valynth

So would it be alright for me to place him in one of the first groups that was first sent to investigate the pirates, but due to certain circumstances he was captured, and then recaptured now?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

ShadesFox

Not sure if I made this obvious, but I did revise my entry.  Awaiting approval.  (If I'm still messed up we can chat over PM about how to fix it).
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: Valynth on April 04, 2007, 11:58:34 PM
So would it be alright for me to place him in one of the first groups that was first sent to investigate the pirates, but due to certain circumstances he was captured, and then recaptured now?

yes, this is fine.

Quote from: ShadesFox on April 05, 2007, 12:06:38 AM
Not sure if I made this obvious, but I did revise my entry.  Awaiting approval.  (If I'm still messed up we can chat over PM about how to fix it).

This earns an approved status.

The next round of posting from me in the RP will hit tomorrow.

Valynth

Okay, I'll give it a bit more thought and enter today, or maybe tomorrow.  I'm excited to be able to try my hand at this, but I'm going to try and keep it in a average level.

Also, would it be okay if I state the location from his point of view? (like ? - Valynth's room)

Azlan

Quote from: Valynth on April 05, 2007, 11:45:58 PM

Also, would it be okay if I state the location from his point of view? (like ? - Valynth's room)

Yes.  Where ever your character is, your location should reflect that if relevant. 

Quote from: Azlan on April 05, 2007, 08:32:13 PM

The next round of posting from me in the RP will hit tomorrow.

I lied, expect it tomorrow... life got in the way.

ShadesFox

Unfortunate.  Stupid life, it has to be difficult like that.

Anywho, how shall I be introduced?  Will I get thrust into the action in the next post?
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on April 06, 2007, 11:50:08 PM
Unfortunate.  Stupid life, it has to be difficult like that.

Anywho, how shall I be introduced?  Will I get thrust into the action in the next post?

You'll have to post your entrance in a blaze of glory!  You can arrive on a fast transport, but the captain will likely be on station and in his meeting by the time you can post, so you may have to interrupt an important, special meeting to present your transfer orders.

Supercheese

Hey, I forgot to mention I'd be on vacation in Florida [with no internet - bleh!], but after doing some catching-up, it doesn't look like my presence was critically required in my absence, fortunately. It looks like my character's in the background for the time being, so I don't see much of a reason to post immediately and change that.

Eibborn

Sorry guys, but I'm going to bow out of this RP (if I haven't been written out for inactivity already, heh). I figured I should just say, instead of leaving you all hanging. It's been fun, of course, but I guess I'm just taking a break from role playing for a while.
/kicks the internet over

Azlan

Quote from: Eibbor_N on April 20, 2007, 05:21:25 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm going to bow out of this RP (if I haven't been written out for inactivity already, heh). I figured I should just say, instead of leaving you all hanging. It's been fun, of course, but I guess I'm just taking a break from role playing for a while.

It is okay, I can understand.  Be safe.

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 22, 2007, 09:47:11 AM
Lt Hunnydew makes a point of sitting by Col Aaron on the transport...

"Hello Col. I'm Lt Nova Hunnydew... An assist Prof of Physics at Confed's BTI, granddaughter of Dr Bambi Hunnydew, Co-inventor of the Grand Jumpdrive. 5.0" Said Nova...  "So, How was your trip here?" she asks jokingly..

PBH

Shadesfox's character Aaron is a Major not a Colonel... there is a bit of confusion as Captain Summers and Colonel Nexx are both walking with the two of you.  I image Commander MacDuff is as well. 

I posted an annoying rank list in the LitS tech thread just for a heads up on the various structure and individual titles.  Just an FYI, but Captain Morgan Summers is a Naval Captain.   

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry, I will fix it... I should have look on Shadefox post on the thread, to verify.  I will have a picture of Nova, shortly.  Nova is a O-2 LTJG and also a naval officer.

PBH

Lushin

Oh dear god we've entered the Robotech Masters Chronicles. NOOOOOO!!!!!! Anyway >.> <.<
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Prof B Hunnydew

What ?  But the Invid are no where in sight...or Are Invid the "Masters"?

PBH

Azlan

I detest Robotech, if anything this resembles the last season of Stargate SG-1 more.

Prof B Hunnydew

Like most good shows, books or movies, the first story line is likely the best, but with each sequel the story goes down hill from there... you have a few expections, but they have to work real hard to< sometimes too hard >to keep the story fresh.

Robotech Macross was the only one worth watching, but I grew to detest Ming May... So what she can sing, she could never do anything else..     The trouble with the whole Robotech universe is that it was really three different stories with the same theme blended together...and Spin-offs are rarely any good but for fanitic fan-feeding.

Sorry Enough off-topic
PBH

Azlan

To continue meandering off topic, Robotech is based off of Macross.  The main problem with Carl Macek trying to string three completely unrelated anime series together into one story.  They edited and re-dubbed Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber Mospeada into the conglomeration of what is known as Robotech, Southern Cross and Invid Invasion.  I prefer to take the series as separate elements, in which case they are decent, especially with original dialog.

Paladin Sheppard

Sorry I've been away guys still going to be spoty on my posts for atleast another week or so.

Metal Juggernaut

Name: Sean "Boom" Davis

Species: Grizzly Bear

Build: Heavy

Allegiance: Confederacy of Worlds

Appearance: His fur color is brown,as is his eyes.Very heavy build,not exactly fat or chunky,but not skinny or thin. At 7' 2'' and 358 lbs. he makes for an easy target.He keeps his fur at maximum regulation length.

Backround: After a happy childhood with his parents, Davis decided to join the Marines, to right the wrongs in the world and to put a stop to illegal activity.As a child he set off fireworks as fast as he could find them, and blew up the nearest inanimate   
object he saw after that.He graduated from boot camp with his drill's recommendation for explosives, hence the nickname "Boom".

Skills: He specializes in explosives/explosive weapons and close- quarter combat .

Weaknesses: Tends to overkill much of the time,wasting time and resources.
Hates to run and likes to stay in one spot,despite his training.
(More will be added when he finds out himself)

I hope my guy makes the cut *crosses fingers* :eager

Azlan

Metal Juggernaut ---> approved.  You may make an entrance, I would restrict it to already a part of the fleet.  No more trans-solar special transfers.

I'll probably put you on the Phalanx and replace on of the minor NPCs on the Special Forces team 2 and set you up in the same area as Daimien and Valynth.  You'll be under one of the NPCs, Staff Sergeant Benjamin Foster.

llearch n'n'daCorna

If I might make a suggestion, perhaps an internal transfer within the fleet, to balance personnel?

Just a guess. I'd have to read the IC thread to be closer to the mark...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Metal Juggernaut

Quote from: Azlan on June 03, 2007, 04:01:24 PM
Metal Juggernaut ---> approved.  You may make an entrance, I would restrict it to already a part of the fleet.  No more trans-solar special transfers.

I'll probably put you on the Phalanx and replace on of the minor NPCs on the Special Forces team 2 and set you up in the same area as Daimien and Valynth.  You'll be under one of the NPCs, Staff Sergeant Benjamin Foster.

ACK!!!*heart attack*...THANK YOU SIR!

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 03, 2007, 04:17:53 PM
If I might make a suggestion, perhaps an internal transfer within the fleet, to balance personnel?

Just a guess. I'd have to read the IC thread to be closer to the mark...

Indeed, that would be what I was getting at.

Metal Juggernaut

Hmm...I wonder if Daimien could add me...I kinda feel out of place putting myself in a group.

Lushin

You're gonna be under Ben's squad. Nothing to do with me really. You may show up as a transfer or something from another ship.
/happiness.exe

Metal Juggernaut

Oh,ok...Still not sure on how im gonna pop in...meh,ill think of a way

Lushin

Quote from: Metal Juggernaut on June 03, 2007, 09:01:26 PM
Oh,ok...Still not sure on how im gonna pop in...meh,ill think of a way
Just hang out I'm sure Azlan will be able to throw you in. Something may happen to one of the guys in Ben's crew for you to come in.
/happiness.exe

Azlan

I will work it out, but it might not be until tomorrow...