08/22/09 [CVRPG Live] - A 50 in 24 event! (Details Within)

Started by Darkmoon, July 19, 2009, 07:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Okay, I have the room on ustream setup: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cvrpg-live

I'm going to repurpose this topic for it, so if it looks a little funky for a few, that's why...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

The password is case-sensitive. That may be part of the issue.

Castle Pokemetroid

The headset to my mom's computer is actually attached in the back of the PC, were many many wires dwell. My mom is currently using her computer, so I'll just wait a while before trying to connect to the stream.

Also, just so I know, will there be visuals to the live stream stuff? You know, like a live vid of Darkmoon making the comics?

If not, I'll be working on my own series while on the chat thing.

Darkmoon

The live stream should be broadcasting a feed of my desktop as I work.

Castle Pokemetroid

Horay, I have the headset.

I shall now be attempting to connect to the live feed.

Castle Pokemetroid

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l229/C-P_06/error.jpg

The thing's not working for me. I try to download, but yet it rejects.

I understand not of what it's problem may be.

VSMIT

Damaris

Are you on an administrator's account on your operating system? If you have a limited account on your operating system, that could be the source of your issues - you may not have the rights to install the program.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Castle Pokemetroid

Oh . . .

I guess I won't be joining the live feed thing after all.

Oh well.

VSMIT

You can watch, since that just requires an internet connection.  That's separate from Teamspeak.

Damaris

that, or get your parents to sign you in as an admin so you can download the program.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Castle Pokemetroid

I don't want to bother my parents.

Saturday is their rest day, they can get pissed off and throw stuff across the room.

I also rather not miss out.

I'll be on later, I'll find a way.

Damaris

Darkmoon

Alrighty, for those just joining in, we're over halfway through the 50/24 challenge, and still have more than enough time to go. Anyone that stays awake through this (or are late nighters) can join in on the rest of the festivities as we will be doing random comics from the fans after the main arc is finished.

Start thinking of ideas as we'll be looking for your suggestions!

bradypodidae

Darkmoon & Angel remake of the Who's on First Classic.

Gilligan's Island parody.

Dating Game.

A team sport activity.

Iron Chef. Turkey Day 5

At a heavy metal concert. St. Patty's Day 3

Darkmoon in Boot Camp

Stand-up routine at the Comedy Club

Dracula trying to file an Insurance claim on his crumbled castle

Bunny getting ticked after not getting due credit... again.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

VSMIT

Shaft getting captured by Ghostbusters.

Shaft's spirit getting stuck in an animal.

Shaft gaining a new body abnormally fast, but also loses it abnormally fast.
(Man, I'm really hating on this guy...)

Oooh, I know!
Darkmoon as Sledge Hammer!
(Blamed wholeheartedly on llearch)

Silent movie slapstick?

The Raisin Brahms commercial.

God duking it out with the Internet Oracle for rights to the Universe.

bradypodidae

If anyone is interested, Darkmoon made his 50 in under 15 hours, 45 minutes. Good show, ole boy!

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Someone counting to Pi.

Princess practising her martial arts.

Someone lacking sleep. Shaft, perhaps.
Far too much lack of sleep.

Edit:
Angel playing Mafia Wars...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ilpalazzo

God's Forum Adventures
Childhood horrors (i.e Bloody Mary)
Batman
Moogles trying to take over the world with their dancing
What would happen where all of us to meet?

More to come.

VSMIT

And thus the webcast draws to a close.  66 comics in approx. 19 hours.  Quite an impressive feat.

Destina Faroda

I thought it was supposed to last 24 hours.  Where's my last hour?
Sig coming...whenever...

GabrielsThoughts

I read up until 37 or 38...before that I remember a conversation a bout George Lucas and Kitten being a general term for all of Darkmoon's cats. Oh and DM's vision was going burry. by the way 38 pages in 12hrs is pretty impressive. I didn't sign in for chat, because it wouldn't let me. in total I followed for about 3hrs. gave me something to listen to... while I was reading other web comics.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

He ran out of work to do.

And then the slacker went to sleep. I mean, pfft, what was he thinking? ;-]

Destina Faroda

Eh...I was only kidding about the whole 24 hours thing.  I couldn't get the chat to work anyway, but I saw about five minutes of the broadcast, which was depressing enough for me.  Depressing, in that the man can do in five minutes what it takes me five hours.  Seeing his efficiency makes me realize I'll never be a part of his world.  And that part I'm not kidding about.
Sig coming...whenever...

Damaris

He's lucky enough to have the tools to do it quickly, though, and a lot of practical experience on them through is day job. You use Paint, don't you?  That, in and of itself, is a feat for comic things - you can't make a mistake, otherwise you're rebuilding sections.

llearch n'n'daCorna

bradypodidae

If nothing else, I am now fairly certain that the Box NEVER sleeps...

It was fun, entertaining, and believe it or not, fascinating watching Darkmoon's process in creating CVRPG. I swear, he never slowed down. As efficient as Darkmoon is at assembling the components of his comic on the page, what struck me most was his ability to create a cohesive, and more often then not, humorous page and arc on the fly. I would have run out of ideas by page three.

Thanks to Darkmoon, llearch, and the rest for putting up with me on the voice chat. That was a first for me. Although I'm not sure being a member of a Cast is my true calling...

Darkmoon, I hope you go through with your idea about a monthly jam session; should be a lot of fun.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Damaris

Nope, I think he was up by the time I posted last, llearch.