08/21/09 [DMFA#1033] - Ignorance like Water

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, August 21, 2009, 03:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

I wonder why she's just standing there? And they stole every pair of pants he owned, how evil! :mwaha
I'm back, and tired.

Jairus

Poor Mab. Everything she does to try and help her friends, they get angry over it. Of course, this could all be easily solved if she told them what she was up to, but then again she doesn't seem to want to do that... poor Mab. Oh well!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Poor Mab, no matter what she does, Jy-Jy is still unhappy. :< Still, that last panel is, for the lack of a better word, beautiful.

..I wonder if it rains when a Fae angsts? :B

Scarydragon

If Mab doesn't get out of the rain, her tail is going to lose all of its floofiness.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Garsemor

Poor poor Mab, it's all going wrong. The more she tries the wors it seems to get. I don't think even a mow would get her up and happy. :<

ooklah

The song that comes to me in that last panel: Dancing Nakid in the Rain

Poor Mab, can't make everyone happy.  :mowsad
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Howl

I really think Jy-squeak should keep his hair like that.

Janus Whitefurr

~ It won't rain all the time
The sky won't fall forever
And though the night seems long
Your tears won't fall forever ~

Unrelated to my lyrical escapade, take Jy's comment at literal value: Do fae even HAVE bones?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Queen leaps into mind.

Too much love will kill you, just as sure as none at all...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

I'm not quite sure what Jyrras is complaining about.  Given a choice between seeing an entire building/district/country being flattened or having your pants stolen, I'd go for the pants.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tycoon

My first reaction was to mentally scream "DON'T JUMP, MAB!"

...But then I remembered that jumping wouldn't kill her, despite the possibility of her diving headfirst into the rocky shoals beneath that cliff.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 21, 2009, 05:27:42 AM
I'm not quite sure what Jyrras is complaining about.  Given a choice between seeing an entire building/district/country being flattened or having your pants stolen, I'd go for the pants.

Of course, Jyrras doesn't seem to have any idea that anyone is after him, and Rose half-reassured him that Albanion probably wouldn't come up with a revenge scheme in his natural lifetime.

And while I do feel sympathy for Mab in some sense, I also half feel like shaking her by the shoulders and telling her what a fool she's being. She's quite obviously spying on Jyrras, or she wouldn't be aware of his reaction to her plot to push Jyrras into starting some sort of weaponization that will probably touch off a mass Creature-Being war, without ever letting the strings appear to lead to her, the planner behind it all.

I suppose it comes with the whole "nigh omnipotence" package, but the thought of simply leaving Jyrras, or any of her friends, to live their own lives probably simply hasn't occurred to her. If she really feels that Jyrras is in enough danger from the creatures (which our one shot in the arc to the Creature Council seems to indicate that there's no consensus to obliterate him), a note could easily be slipped into his eyesight warning him about his danger. In fact, that's *more* likely to yield weapons than this bizarro roundabout method she's using now.

Oh, and unless the phrase "Means the world to me" has some sort of magical compulsive effect on Fae, she also could have just let the bangles lie. After all, we've seen she doesn't really have any inhibitions about running the lives of her friends.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Cogidubnus

Has Amber ever done rain on fur like that? It struck me as something I don't see very often, and I thought was pretty impressive.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Corgatha, the problem is, we really don't know what she's trying to achieve.

For all we know, she may be attempting to persuade him to _not_ make weapons; to rebalance society without billions upon billions of deaths on both sides; to confuse the Creature Council (as distinct from the Creature-Being Council) into inaction; to make better toasters; or even to mess with Jyrras' head on a grand scale.

We simply do not know.

Wanderer

Jyrras, you were warned. You have only yourself to blame. You should indeed have kept the bangles, but you had to push things.

foxxfurry

Pour Mab, she seems to have the weight of the world on her shoulders. :mowsad

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 21, 2009, 06:35:05 AM

For all we know, she may be attempting to persuade him to _not_ make weapons; to rebalance society without billions upon billions of deaths on both sides; to confuse the Creature Council (as distinct from the Creature-Being Council) into inaction; to make better toasters; or even to mess with Jyrras' head on a grand scale.

We simply do not know.

Too true. From what I have observed, Fae do not perceive events in the same time/space frame that we do, and there's a healthy chance that Mab has foreseen something, perhaps dire, perhaps not.

Regardless, it's easy to see why she won't tell anyone who this plot directly affects. After all, what always happens when you tell someone what is going to happen in the future, if it is something grand in scale?

They always try and change, hence flubbing everything up. Stupid mortals.

Garsemor

Quote from: Ghostwish on August 21, 2009, 07:01:28 AM
Too true. From what I have observed, Fae do not perceive events in the same time/space frame that we do, and there's a healthy chance that Mab has foreseen something, perhaps dire, perhaps not.

Regardless, it's easy to see why she won't tell anyone who this plot directly affects. After all, what always happens when you tell someone what is going to happen in the future, if it is something grand in scale?

They always try and change, hence flubbing everything up. Stupid mortals.

Actually, if you tell them what will happen in the futur it won't change bacause them telling what will happen has alredy happened so itsted of preventing it they will cause it. Cahnging the futur is impossible bacause the futur is the futur and so it has happened in a different time line. It's the same as if you are trying to change the outcome of a race that has alredy ocured. If you come back in time to help the runner, you want to win, win than he will lose bacause you are simply fulfiling what has happened... Oh my brain.

Noone

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 21, 2009, 06:35:05 AM

We simply do not know.
Well, in comic #847, there is some evidence that she wants to spark a kind of violent revolution. Pip says "I'd feel bad having spent all this time dealing with Dan only for him to end up disliking you more in the end..." Now that could mean a lot of things, but I could certainly see Mab trying to push Jyrras to invent weapons, which would then sparks an all out creature/being war in which a lot of creatures are killed. Especially if it concerns his own clan, I doubt Dan would be too happy if Mab instigated something like that, and he knew about it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Garsemor on August 21, 2009, 08:15:37 AM
Actually, if you tell them what will happen in the future it won't change because them telling what will happen has already happened so instead of preventing it they will cause it. Changing the future is impossible because the future is the future and so it has happened in a different time line. It's the same as if you are trying to change the outcome of a race that has already occured. If you come back in time to help the runner, you want to win, win than he will lose because you are simply fulfiling what has happened... Oh my brain.

HTH, HAND. There's a spell check for a reason.

rhyfe2002

I probably made too many fae antenna jokes already, but... those things would make awesome underwater flares.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 21, 2009, 08:25:35 AM
Quote from: Garsemor on August 21, 2009, 08:15:37 AM
...trying to change the outcome of a race that has already occured. If you come back in time to help the runner, you want to win, win than he will lose because you are simply fulfiling what has happened... Oh my brain.

HTH, HAND. There's a spell check for a reason.

Isn't occurred spelt with a double r?  >:3

joshofspam

Oh my, that was simply breath taking how you draw mab in that last scene Amber. That's as beautiful as the full power image when she breaks up the fight with Dan and Aaryanna.

I also see you got all of those pants out of the way. I guess having a skit of Jyrras losing pants one after the other would be just too ridicules. Must have some reason to all this madness and its just as funny losing all his pants in one go after all. I certainly enjoyed it. :boogie

But has any one thought it might not be Jyrras that got Mab in such a mood? Their might be other things to the plan that she has that she might be running through her head. We don't know what it is but Jyrras might only be maybe half of the problem or if her plan is fairly complex Jyrras maybe even less then that.

I'm Kind of wondering what she's standing in front of. From the bottom out line it looks like a wall or possibly a window scene looking at a cloudy scene. Could it be a wall of fog that is just above the the water? Is it one of the things that is upsetting her right now?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Succubus_1982

I thought Friday was Abel's Story Day?

Ah well this was cute. I feel bad for Mab I've been in similar situations before where you're trying to help a friend but nothing you do goes right.

Heh and Jyrras will have to borrow some of Abel's skirts maybe?  :mowtongue
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Sunblink

That last panel with Mab is so beautiful. Great rain effects. I nth the "poor Mab" notion. :<

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on August 21, 2009, 10:16:49 AM
I thought Friday was Abel's Story Day?

It normally is, but Amber said she's going to fiddle with the schedule in her rant. It's good to read these things :P

Succubus_1982

Oh yeh the rant. Knew I was forgetting something.......

Hey I just woke up.....okay so it is 3.30pm here. I have a sleep schedule like Jyrrus  :sweatdrop
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

tiggertoo

Awwww, sad Mab in the rain (though of course, a sad Mab may *make* it rain). Somehow, I don't think her problem has much to do with what's happening right at the moment with Jyrras. I have a feeling that the next steps in whatever she's masterminding are going to be tough on her friends - and thus on her.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 21, 2009, 08:38:38 AM

Not according to the spell checker. I'm inclined to disagree, but as long as the spell checker has optional variants listed, I'm willing to cut some slack.

Fex

They have so much funny-bones that the serious ones don't fit :B

Corgatha Taldorthar

The point I was trying to make, (in response to Boxy and the others) is that I don't really know what factors are relevent to Fae, or to Creatures, or to how Furrae works. I do know though, that if Jyrras's psychology is similar to most humans (and beings seem to be relatively humanlike) that he's going to resent, even if he doesn't know the full cause, of Mab's jerking his life around like a poorly articulated puppet. In a lot of ways, she's acting like the creatures she's allegedly protecting him from. She's more powerful, so she's bending his life to suit what she thinks it should be, and getting away with it. After all, who is going to stop her?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 21, 2009, 11:28:49 AM
Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 21, 2009, 08:38:38 AM

Not according to the spell checker. I'm inclined to disagree, but as long as the spell checker has optional variants listed, I'm willing to cut some slack.
My spelling checker lists occured as being a typographical error.  Just for curiosity, I googled "occured occurred" and found that some spelling checkers had bugs regarding this issue.  However, the online dictionaries (http://m-w.com and http://encarta.msn.com) and the built-in Apple dictionary use two r's, In addition, http://www.google.com automatically changes occured to occurred in searches.  When Microsoft and Apple agree, I tend to go along with them after first checking for the onset of the Apocalypse.

Relying too much on spelling checkers has resulted in such famous statements as "There are no amethysts in foxholes".
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.