Devin the CREATURE!

Started by Talonr, July 20, 2006, 01:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 24, 2006, 09:27:38 AM
Quote from: Sid on July 24, 2006, 09:20:27 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2006, 08:56:42 AM
Abel's statement that "Adventurers don't smile" - did his Dad not teach him that all -good- adventurers smile when they have the upper hand? :-)
Second part:

Can you give me a link? I don't think I quite recall that quote, but it's also been eons since I last went through the Abel-Archives and I don't have enough time to do so now (Stupid Economics exams... *curses*). Your thesis sounds quite interesting, though!

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_10.php
Seven minutes, that's got to be a new record, given the time of day :3

Awesome work, thanks a bunch! About the theory... hrm, possible. On the other hand, Cid struck me as a more serious adventurer, so maybe he just didn't smile much in general. Still, lack of positive interaction experience sounds like a good theory, especially when you consider Abel's not-quite-so-happy childhood before the move. :nod

[Edited to include the quote since a new page has started]
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on July 24, 2006, 09:32:58 AM
Seven minutes, that's got to be a new record, given the time of day :3

It was more interesting than watching the compiler chug its way through 300 files of program code..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Many things are more interesting than watching a compiler chug through 300 lines of code.

... although, unless your code is spectacularly recursive, that's hardly going to take very long, surely?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2006, 01:05:35 PM
Many things are more interesting than watching a compiler chug through 300 lines of code.

... although, unless your code is spectacularly recursive, that's hardly going to take very long, surely?

300 files, not lines.  I don't know how many thousand lines of code the system is, but there's about 5MB of C++ files alone.  And this isn't really the place to discuss it ;)

**EDIT**
I don't like it when Amber laughs like that.  It's not usually good..
Llearch, the total project has 500 source files - many of which are for plugins, device drivers, other target platforms, ancilliary libraries and 'attic' code which isn't actually run anymore.
The compile job would actually be closer to 150 files, spanning 105 kloc (I don't have an eloc figure) plus header files which I foolishly ignored in my statistics.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Files? Yeek.

And yes, this isn't the place. :-)

Amber Williams

Raskahn

llearch n'n'daCorna

Eeek! It's the Amber-mod! Run away! Run away!

(and she has her fish onna chain! Oh Em Gee! Run very very very fast! :-)

(oh, and TW: Eeek! Lotsa files. Go hyperthreaded, and big CPU, and scare everyone. I know someone who had a server that could compile a 2.4 series kernel in under 90 seconds, back when I was taking 30 minutes or so :-)

Netami

I'm tired of these mother&*@^!ing fish on this mother&#@!ing chain!

KarlOmega1

It's a CHAIN CHOMP from the SUPER MARIO  Game series! Not a fish!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Netami

Mmm chain chomp filet. It'd be like eating a bowling ball.