I think Amber is allergic to Canada!

Started by Jack McSlay, July 13, 2009, 09:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

Is it just me or has she been getting sick quite often in the past months?
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Technoire

This allegation appears true and cannot be left unnoticed...

This calls for an investigation.

I move we make HazMat Squad suits out of trash bags, and relocate the residents of the Williams house to somewhere sunny and tropical while we scour the building for...

Canadian Snapping Dustbunnies.

Eh?

Ehhhhh?

Mao

Yeah, it totally wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that's she's always gotten sick easily and that this is a fairly new climate for her.  No way.

Hey, since she also used to get sick a lot back when she still frequented the forums, does that mean she was allergic to them too?  Maybe we can get a HazMat squad to come clean it out too..

Amber:  Con is not a dump stat! :U

Netrogo

Moving from one climate, or altitude, can have drastic effects on some people. Those of us with pretty resilient immune systems don't get affected as much, but people like Amber...

I have a buddy from Colorado who had, still does actually, aspirations of moving to Canada. He came to visit for two months once. Now key point of fact. He comes from mountainous areas, meaning his town is really freaking high above sea level. He came to spend two months in Sarnia. That's a lake side, dead equal, to sea level town. The poor bastard had hearing problems the whole time he was here. Anything even slightly louder then standard speaking volume gave him a migraine.

Amber seems to have a similar problem. Not in the hearing sense, but in the drastically affected by region change sense. Sure she's been up here in our happy frozen wastelands for awhile now, but some people take alot longer to adjust then others. Also every winter we probably get hit with alot more cases of the flu then places further south.

Either way, feel better Amber. We'll be chilling here looking forward to the next comic, regardless of when it's posted.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Amber Williams

Screw you Mao....I'm a bard!  CHA is important to me. :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pfft. Cha is a dump stat.

... Now, would anyone like to buy some apples?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 14, 2009, 10:08:46 AM

Pfft, bard.  Get a real class.  Can't sing or draw if you're so sickly and weak that being awake is a strain on you.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 14, 2009, 10:15:37 AM

HA!  I got a number!  How do you like them apples?

Keleth

Wait, if Con is a dump stat. . .

That totally explains the quality of these conventions
Help! I'm gay!

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 14, 2009, 07:16:13 AMMaybe we can get a HazMat squad to come clean it out too.

You rang? :.

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 14, 2009, 10:18:21 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 14, 2009, 10:15:37 AM
HA!  I got a number!  How do you like them apples?

Sorry, I gotta see about a girl.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kage

Quote from: Technoire on July 14, 2009, 05:56:24 AM

These sound like menacing creatures indeed.  :U
I am the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Kage on July 14, 2009, 11:32:20 AM

...or perhaps someone's cooking?  :U
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Mao

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on July 14, 2009, 11:50:37 AM

<channeling WWE's 'The Rock'>

Can you SMELL...what the Nictarl...is cooking!?

</channeling WWE's 'The Rock'>

Magic

Wait, weren't you a monk?

Totally unrelatedly, 7' tall 300+ lbs of gnoll can apparently have low CON.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Noone

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 14, 2009, 10:18:21 AM

Pfft, bard.  Get a real class.  Can't sing or draw if you're so sickly and weak that being awake is a strain on you.

For a bard, it's usually best to dump STR if you plan on splashing monk, and WIS otherwise.

Kimmy

Well, she did say she felt fine during the con, and then it got worse when she got home.

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

Also, I'm a CHA gal. SCREW STR!
Oh god, there are so many tails D:

Zedd

It's lucky I have high DEX so I can deal with any plague a con can throw at me

Kage

I knew Mason liked to cook weird stuff, but Canadian Snapping Dustbunnies?  Even these sound out of the realm of his expertise.

Next on Iron Cheif watch as Mason and Iron Chief France battle it out using the theme ingredient!   Canadian Snapping Dustbunnies!

:U
I am the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

Cvstos

Quote from: Kage on July 14, 2009, 05:12:56 PM

These sound like menacing creatures indeed.  :U

...or perhaps someone's cooking?  :U

I knew Mason liked to cook weird stuff, but Canadian Snapping Dustbunnies?  Even these sound out of the realm of his expertise.

Next on Iron Cheif/b] watch as Mason and Iron Chief France battle it out using the theme ingredient!   Canadian Snapping Dustbunnies!

Don't you mean Iron Chef? And I bet the Iron Chefs could actually make that look and taste good. Crazy skills. Although the best is, of course, Alton Brown.

EDIT: Code fixed.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Technoire

Quote from: Kage on July 14, 2009, 05:12:56 PM

These sound like menacing creatures indeed.  :U

...or perhaps someone's cooking?  :U

I knew Mason liked to cook weird stuff, but Canadian Snapping Dustbunnies?  Even these sound out of the realm of his expertise.

Next on Iron Cheif watch as Mason and Iron Chief France battle it out using the theme ingredient!   Canadian Snapping Dustbunnies!

Canadian Snapping Dustbunnies: The Snack That Bites Back!

I imagined these with spindly legs and hairy, barbed mandibles. Big goggle-eyes, the likes of which you see mostly in the minds of Rareware, with furrowed eyebrows and red pupils that never dilate.
Certain French-speaking species of this Dustbunny have a proboscis.
A striped, prickly proboscis.
This vibrates when they chuckle.
And usually, they chuckle not long before they climb under someone's eyelid as they sleep.

Three cheers for imagery. :)

Jer-oh-me

I personally just noticed she gets sick every time she goes to a con, perhaps she should get herself a supply of those little surgical masks, and then draw cute stuff on them. Heck, would make a pretty cool piece of con swag, IMHO. Given my own proclivity to taking ill when attacked by such, I've not been all that encouraged to attend a con and doubt I shall till I manage to secure a disposable income. Anyway, if I am guessing correctly she's probably in the great lakes region of Canada-land and I know for a fact that that area is packed with allergens as I used to suffer quite badly whilst living in the US end of that region. Conflagration, additional underutilized multisyllabic words.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jer-oh-me

LionHeart

Looks like some kind of anthro-bird...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Alondro

Or perhaps a sort of wizard sweet served aboard the Hogwarts Express.   :wizshine
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Azlan

Quote from: Kimmy on July 14, 2009, 12:56:44 PM
Well, she did say she felt fine during the con, and then it got worse when she got home.

Without STR that screw is very weak.

Apparently she reacts badly to Pittsburg, afterall infection occurs first and then symptoms.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Foxfire

Something about Cons and sickness, as well as regions.

Broad regions have different sicknesses. Doesn't seem like much? But it's true, often a group of bugs is stewing in the Southwest, Northwest, Quebec, here or there. Strains of the same flu different just enough that you can get it again. This is why often when you gather up a lot of people at Cons or expos you get a lot of sick. In Navy bootcamp they call it recruit crud. They accept people from all 50 states, all territories, and some key nations like the Phillipenes and other places given certain programs. Get all these people together and they jumble quite a cocktail. So, big cross country group? Everyone of your group could get a different thing or all of the above.  :mowdizzy

Michael Chandra

Clearly Amber got the mexican flu and we should all run for our lives now. :januscat

Kimmy

Quote from: Azlan on July 16, 2009, 09:02:01 PM
Quote from: Kimmy on July 14, 2009, 12:56:44 PM

Without STR that screw is very weak.

Apparently she reacts badly to Pittsburg, afterall infection occurs first and then symptoms.

Not if I can apply my CHA bonus to my attack and damage rolls because I'm so cute people let their defenses down. =o

And yesh, whatever she got, she almost certainly got at pittsburgh. When you have THAT many people in close quarters, there's gonna be sickness.
Oh god, there are so many tails D: