05/30/09 [DMFA #1008] - Mab on Catnip

Started by OminousShadow, May 30, 2009, 01:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofox

Quote from: Caph Abash on May 30, 2009, 06:16:12 PM
In any case, this QftR made me laugh out loud.
I think my favourite one is still this one.

Raffe

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 01, 2009, 03:20:12 AM
Quote from: John Roh on May 30, 2009, 09:28:22 AM
Dan can potentially shapeshift right? are we so sure thats Mab?

Other than reshaping and hiding headwings, we haven't seen much evidence of him shapeshifting yet.
Yeah, but he's under the influence of mind altering substances. Who knows, he might even be the bar table.
Hooray ellipsis!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on June 01, 2009, 06:12:52 PM
Yeah, but he's under the influence of mind altering substances. Who knows, he might even be the bar table.
I imagine it would become less potent as 'Cubi become less biological...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Keleth

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 02, 2009, 04:19:06 AM
Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on June 01, 2009, 06:12:52 PM
I imagine it would become less potent as 'Cubi become less biological...

I imagine then he couldn't die from things like a drug overdose then?  :U
Help! I'm gay!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on June 02, 2009, 07:38:46 AM
I imagine then he couldn't die from things like a drug overdose then?  :U
Difficult to say.  Drugs for 'Cubi might need more magical ingredients than drugs for Beings.

Keleth

If they're not really biological, how can something like a mundane sword kill them then?

After all, swords pierce/slash/smash bone and -organs- which handle biological functions.

If that's the case, Aniz wouldn't have bled when suckerpunched, and Dan wouldn't be almost dead from dark pegasus kind of . . . using claws on chest  :3
Help! I'm gay!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on June 02, 2009, 07:44:25 AM
If they're not really biological, how can something like a mundane sword kill them then?
After all, swords pierce/slash/smash bone and -organs- which handle biological functions.
I don't know.  But someone of Destania's age doesn't need to breathe, let alone eat or drink, so she's clearly not running on normal organic principles.  It therefore stands to reason that toxins which affect organic lifeforms are likely to have a reduced effect.
Think of 'Cubi as being hybrid organic/magical.

QuoteIf that's the case, Aniz wouldn't have bled when suckerpunched, and Dan wouldn't be almost dead from dark pegasus kind of . . . using claws on chest  :3
Most Cubi can die from normal means unless they are a certain power level.
--Demonology 101, 'Cubi

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 02, 2009, 08:00:54 AM

I don't know.  But someone of Destania's age doesn't need to breathe, let alone eat or drink, so she's clearly not running on normal organic principles.  It therefore stands to reason that toxins which affect organic lifeforms are likely to have a reduced effect.
You're going by our normal biological rules, Cubi would operate on a completely different level, all in all Cubi would convert what they feed on to what they need to survive.

--Demonology 101, 'Cubi
That level has never been stated, and the first person to shout "9000" will be murdered.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on June 02, 2009, 08:05:58 AM
You're going by our normal biological rules, Cubi would operate on a completely different level, all in all Cubi would convert what they feed on to what they need to survive.
That may be how it works.  Either way, Amber has stated that 'Cubi transition from biology to magic.  Whether that means that someone of Destania's age is able to get drunk/high/dead from organic toxins is something only Amber knows.  Like I say, my guess is that they lose effectiveness over the centuries.  (If so, Dee may need to empty the cupboard in order to get tipsy).

QuoteThat level has never been stated, and the first person to shout "9000" will be murdered.
Indeed.  My money's on ascendence, personally.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 02, 2009, 08:15:01 AM
QuoteThat level has never been stated, and the first person to shout "9000" will be murdered.
Indeed.  My money's on ascendence, personally.

And yet Siar bit the dust, which means that they still can snuff it under the right conditions.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on June 02, 2009, 08:22:10 AM
And yet Siar bit the dust, which means that they still can snuff it under the right conditions.
I very much doubt that she died by 'normal means', given that a dragon was involved.

Keleth

Well, fire, and claws/teeth.

Both of those are fairly mundane on their own, but maybe not 'supercharged' with dragon power of over 9000 :U
Help! I'm gay!

Turnsky

Quote from: Drathorin on June 02, 2009, 08:49:04 AM

Both of those are fairly mundane on their own, but maybe not 'supercharged' with dragon power of over 9000 :U

brute strength. don't forget, Dragons are oft larger than cubi.

Kirishala

The claws and teeth are assuming that they haven't been enhanced (which given the age and power of dragons seems unlikely), the breath weapon may or may not be magical in nature (the Demonology 101 entry implies that at least some are), and dragons have a lot of magic of their own along with tens or hundreds of millenia (57,822 is very young for a dragon) of practice using it.  All in all I would say that at least for the more powerful dragons (eg Hizell) their attacks don't count as "normal means".

Keleth

Quote from: Kirishala on June 02, 2009, 11:37:28 AM

The claws and teeth are assuming that they haven't been enhanced (which given the age and power of dragons seems unlikely), the breath weapon may or may not be magical in nature (the Demonology 101 entry implies that at least some are), and dragons have a lot of magic of their own along with tens or hundreds of millenia (57,822 is very young for a dragon) of practice using it.  All in all I would say that at least for the more powerful dragons (eg Hizell) their attacks don't count as "normal means".

*eyes glitter*

My god. . . a post that has reasonable thinking behind it!

. . . Can.. . Can I keep this?
Help! I'm gay!

OminousShadow

--Demonology 101, 'Cubi
That level has never been stated, and the first person to shout "9000" will be murdered.

Cyra's Power Level is over..... 9000!
*Runs for dear life*
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Keleth

Quote from: OminousShadow on June 05, 2009, 03:37:04 PM

--Demonology 101, 'Cubi

Cyra's Power Level is over..... 9000!
*Runs for dear life*

Help! I'm gay!

Kabbalist

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on May 30, 2009, 11:22:29 AM
Mab does Carmen Miranda proud!  CHICA CHICA BOOM CHIC!

I realize that this is somewhat off-topic related to the current discussion on 'Cubi biology, lack thereof, and mortality, but...

Help, please. Ever since watching the Miranda Montage (and the Cuban Pete scene mentioned later on) I've been randomly erupting in "chica chica BOOM," as if the samba, as presented by the Lady in the Tutti-Frutti Hat, has wormed its way deep into my consciousness and is attempting to take over by overwriting my behavior patterns one by one!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kabbalist on June 06, 2009, 12:51:19 PM
Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on May 30, 2009, 11:22:29 AM
Mab does Carmen Miranda proud!  CHICA CHICA BOOM CHIC!

I realize that this is somewhat off-topic related to the current discussion on 'Cubi biology, lack thereof, and mortality, but...

Help, please. Ever since watching the Miranda Montage (and the Cuban Pete scene mentioned later on) I've been randomly erupting in "chica chica BOOM," as if the samba, as presented by the Lady in the Tutti-Frutti Hat, has wormed its way deep into my consciousness and is attempting to take over by overwriting my behavior patterns one by one!

Ah, so it's working? Good.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears