05/30/09 [DMFA #1008] - Mab on Catnip

Started by OminousShadow, May 30, 2009, 01:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

rabid_fox

I fúcking love DMFA. I think a QFTR strip is as good a time as any to say it, but for longer than a determined fat man's diet this webcomic has been bringing me a near-daily injection of enjoyment (the first strip I read was the Dr. Ink At SAIA 'push your buttons one'). Somewhat awkwardly, then, that means that DMFA holds a better record than masturbation.

Oh dear.

Lucheek

Eee! Chaquita Bannana Lady costume! xD Mab looks great in it!

M

I barely recognized Mab at first. XD This is just the silliest, funniest thing ever.

They call me Cuban Pete
I'm the King of the rumba beat.
When I play the maracas I go
chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom.

Kafzeil

Quote from: inuhanyo on May 30, 2009, 11:00:03 AM
Quote from: Kafzeil on May 30, 2009, 03:04:42 AM
Really, there's no difference other then the hat...

...Where did she get that swanky hat anyways? Or do I really want to know the answer to that question? I need some crazy hats myself though.

This is Mab we're talking about here, she-who-conjures-birthday-presents-out-of-thin-air, remember?

Ah, right. You must admit it's an awesome hat though.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Sofox

You know, recently from using the DMFA dialogue searcher, I discovered that Amber appears in close to 1 in every 5 DMFA comics. When I noticed this soon after the 1000th comic, she had popped up in 190 comics. I figured we were about due for another appearance.

Ted Schiller

I remember the TMNT comic books.  :)  My favorite was when one of the turtles rolled a drunk to pay for a drink.  ::sigh::  Oh, the nostalgia. O:)

With regards,
Ted

LoneHowler

Quote from: Marmonstein on May 30, 2009, 11:52:32 AM
I barely recognized Mab at first. XD This is just the silliest, funniest thing ever.

They call me Cuban Pete
I'm the King of the rumba beat.
When I play the maracas I go
chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom.

Looks like I'm not the onlyone who thoght of The Mask when chicka boom was mentioned. The Cuban pete bit from the movie is very much what I think a fey on nip would be like, having a grand time and their fantisy spilling out onto other people, whom I'm sure arnt complaining much
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Saist

so that's who got into my catnip stash!

Waschbaer

Quote from: Sofox on May 30, 2009, 12:25:12 PM
You know, recently from using the DMFA dialogue searcher, I discovered that Amber appears in close to 1 in every 5 DMFA comics. When I noticed this soon after the 1000th comic, she had popped up in 190 comics. I figured we were about due for another appearance.

I think it counts lines, not comics.  The total would be about 90 if you counted comics.  Still, definitely due for one.  And we get Chaquita Mab. :P

Garsemor

Funniest joke clip in a long time (well actually, it's not so long ago). I taught I would have had to cut my head of just to stop laughing.

Sofox

Quote from: Waschbaer on May 30, 2009, 02:45:31 PM
Quote from: Sofox on May 30, 2009, 12:25:12 PM

I think it counts lines, not comics.  The total would be about 90 if you counted comics.  Still, definitely due for one.  And we get Chaquita Mab. :P

Huh, you seem to be right.

There's at least 2 comics, including this one, where Amber appears but doesn't say anything, though my interpretation of the results count definitely skewed the results.

Ghostwish

Me thinks Alexsi's facial expression eludes to the stress of figuring out how to tell Mab about Dan without fae madness ensuing..

.. not that I have any problem with fae madness ensuing, mind you. :>

icarus

Quote from: Ted Schiller on May 30, 2009, 01:29:21 PM
I remember the TMNT comic books.  :)  My favorite was when one of the turtles rolled a drunk to pay for a drink.  ::sigh::  Oh, the nostalgia. O:)

With regards,
Ted

how....
how does one ROLL a drunk to pay for a drink?

i'm just trying to get this mental image to make sense in my head, it's not working...

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

llearch n'n'daCorna

it's a euphemistical way of saying he beat the drunk up and stole the poor guy's wallet.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Caph Abash

Quote from: Tycoon on May 30, 2009, 09:21:13 AM
*Creepy Image*

:aack

Quote from: John Roh on May 30, 2009, 09:28:22 AM
Dan can potentially shapeshift right? are we so sure thats Mab?

Again: :aack

Quote from: Ghostwish on May 30, 2009, 04:13:53 PM
Me thinks Alexsi's facial expression eludes to the stress of figuring out how to tell Mab about Dan without fae madness ensuing..

.. not that I have any problem with fae madness ensuing, mind you. :>

I wonder what Mab will do when she finds out? Help Dan? Get Revenge? Bake Cookies?

In any case, this QftR made me laugh out loud.

Keleth

Quote from: Sofox on May 30, 2009, 04:00:28 PM
There's at least 2 comics, including this one, where Amber appears but doesn't say anything, though my interpretation of the results count definitely skewed the results.

I imagine her brain is under fire constantly. Look at the freaking emails she gets people, no person can take that amount of . . whatever the hell her fanbase gives her on a regular basis  :B
Help! I'm gay!

icarus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 30, 2009, 05:32:59 PM
it's a euphemistical way of saying he beat the drunk up and stole the poor guy's wallet.

great, now i'm picturing "a clockwork ninja turtles"

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

FSharp

Quote from: Ted Schiller on May 30, 2009, 01:29:21 PM

Apropos of nothing (don't mean to threadjack), but this post made me revisit my own comic collection and dig out the original TMNT books. While that was a fun bit of nostalgia, it fired another lightbulb in the cobwebbed recesses of my brain, which sent me to another bookshelf, and ... I can't believe I actually kept it.

Anybody else remember this? Seven pages of dice rolls just to determine what kind of horrible mutant freak you are, and page 42 has an Eastman/Laird drawing of a machine-gun toting mutant possum. I can't decide if the book is an embarassing reminder of misspent youth or one of the coolest things I own.
"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Toast

Oh Mabbers, you are the silliest and most awesome. :)
It occurs to me I haven't seen any mows in some time now...

DMFA reader since 2000!

OminousShadow

Quote from: Toast on May 30, 2009, 11:54:26 PM

The are in hiding. Planning, plotting, scheming for the day they will DESTROY US ALL!
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Toast

Quote from: OminousShadow on May 30, 2009, 11:59:25 PM
The are in hiding. Planning, plotting, scheming for the day they will DESTROY US ALL!

Any day now... any day now...
-curls up on the ground in terror.-

DMFA reader since 2000!

tiggertoo

Quote from: Naldru on May 30, 2009, 08:02:43 AM
I was just thinking of the Amber book by Zelazny where one of the characters was given a hallucinogen.  Unfortunately, what the lords of Amber hallucinated became real.  So it doesn't matter if Mab went on a trip and it doesn't matter what Mab looks like.  What matters is what the island looks like at the moment.

Oddly, the Amber books were the first thing I thought of too, considering Mab is basically a being of pure magic -- if a Fey has any real limits, nobody has ever been brave/stupid enough to really want to find them (unless one could manage to be at least a couple of universes away at the time).

Jairus

Quote from: Toast on May 30, 2009, 11:54:26 PM
Obviously, they've migrated south for the winter.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

I could have swore they migrated North to more sparsely populated areas...

Raffe

As you can see, Dan on catnip just takes his high-heel needs to a whole nother level. If you notice, the inquirer asked about Mab and Dan. We 'see' Mab and Alexsi. Either Dan turned into Alexsi, or, Mab turned into Alexsi and Dan turned into Mab, which makes sense cause Dan should be the only one who needs help getting home(Fi met some Mab brownies).
Hooray ellipsis!

Keleth

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 31, 2009, 06:39:21 AM
I could have swore they migrated North to more sparsely populated areas...

Many. . .Many coming across the strait!

Help! Can't. . . Repell. . . so many

*Transmission cuts out*
Help! I'm gay!

Naldru

Does anybody else remember the episode Sneeze the Day on the Disney Alladin television show.  The genie was ill and every time he sneezed, something happened.  This included Princess Jasmine undergoing some strange changes.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zedd

AmigaDragon

Quote from: John Roh on May 30, 2009, 09:28:22 AM
Dan can potentially shapeshift right? are we so sure thats Mab?

Other than reshaping and hiding headwings, we haven't seen much evidence of him shapeshifting yet.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen