05/29/09 [Abel 2 #56] - Blind Rage

Started by OminousShadow, May 29, 2009, 01:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 29, 2009, 04:48:26 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 29, 2009, 04:10:24 AM
Did anyone else notice that the archive link says "fifty-five" when it should say "fifty-six"?

Still there, and I haven't seen anyone talking about it in this thread other than myself, so I'll take it as a no....  :(

In the archive for this chapter, the last two links both say "Fifty-five," though the second one says "new."
If you look at the title of the latest page, it does say "Page Fifty-Six".  Of course, the URL contains the number 57 because of the title/splash page.  I believe that the source of this problem could be one of those highly complicated things known as an "oopsie" or typo. 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Keleth

Quote from: Naldru on May 29, 2009, 05:05:50 PM
Did anyone else notice that the archive link says "fifty-five" when it should say "fifty-six"?

Still there, and I haven't seen anyone talking about it in this thread other than myself, so I'll take it as a no....  :(

In the archive for this chapter, the last two links both say "Fifty-five," though the second one says "new."
If you look at the title of the latest page, it does say "Page Fifty-Six".  Of course, the URL contains the number 57 because of the title/splash page.  I believe that the source of this problem could be one of those highly complicated things known as an "oopsie" or typo. 

No, it's probably a theory proving that Aniz is dan's father's brother's cousin's former roomate!
Help! I'm gay!

Baal Hadad

That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about this page, at the bottom.  I knew about the discrepancy between the numbering system of the actual pages, and I haven't commented because I knew why that was.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 29, 2009, 05:16:10 PM

That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about this page, at the bottom.  I knew about the discrepancy between the numbering system of the actual pages, and I haven't commented because I knew why that was.

Baal. Next time you think there is a typo in regards to the comic or the linking system PM IT TO ME.  I don't always check the forums, and a single PM to me would have been a lot more effective than de-railing a thread and cluttering posts about a typo which, when resolved, will make all discussion about said typo completely out-dated and irrelevant.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 29, 2009, 05:33:26 PM
Baal. Next time you think there is a typo in regards to the comic or the linking system PM IT TO ME.  I don't always check the forums, and a single PM to me would have been a lot more effective than de-railing a thread and cluttering posts about a typo which, when resolved, will make all discussion about said typo completely out-dated and irrelevant.

*feels like an idiot*

I'm sorry--I forgot about that rule....  :(

Next time I will do that, and this will be the last time I derail this thread....

Netrogo

Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 29, 2009, 05:36:00 PM
Next time I will do that, and this will be the last time I derail this thread....

*starts chucking rocks and coins all over the threads tracks*
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Caswin

Quote from: Netrogo on May 29, 2009, 05:37:13 PM
*starts chucking rocks and coins all over the threads tracks*
So how about that genuinely intriguing and criminally underexposed world history?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Netrogo

Quote from: Caswin on May 29, 2009, 06:27:06 PM
So how about that genuinely intriguing and criminally underexposed world history?

I don't believe in the past, history as a whole is the greatest conspiracy the world has ever known.

Alondro

*Charles grins evily*  Sooooo... there are drugs that can kill a Cubi, eh?   >:3

*Charles gives Charline a sundae!*  It's nummy!

*Charline hmms and is not sure about this.. as the sundae seems to have all manner of pills and syringes sticking out of it*  I dunno...  :/
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Shachza

Quote from: Netrogo on May 29, 2009, 12:15:24 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 29, 2009, 12:10:49 PM
That said, victory goes to those who plan for all, even failure.

Oooh oooh, finally an excuse to use this...

That show is such a mind****.  I swear it had to be designed backwards; make the ending, then work your way backwards into the most secretive and roundabout way of reaching said ending.  Every supervillian should study Light Yagami.

And now I feel sorry for Destania.  I would send her a random hug, except for two things:

a: she'd probably just claw my face off
b: i don't think I can  :(
            <-- #1 that is!

inuhanyo

Observation: in the last panel, Aniz is crying as he attacks Destania.

In the first panel we see the completion of the clan change ritual, as Sel's clan mark is changed into a Seme clan mark.

An old medical observation: it's the dose that makes the poison.    Many useful drugs are toxic at too high a dose    Sleeping pills are a classic suicide's choice because unconsciousness precedes death, with little discomfort.

It's possible to overdose on water and die, but it takes a lot of water.

bdplague

I love the little details in the Aniz / Dee scene, like him crying. UGH HE LOOKS SO SAD I JUST WANNA HUG HIM.  :cry
Quote from: inuhanyo on May 30, 2009, 12:06:16 AM
Observation: in the last panel, Aniz is crying as he attacks Destania.

In the first panel we see the completion of the clan change ritual, as Sel's clan mark is changed into a Seme clan mark.

An old medical observation: it's the dose that makes the poison.    Many useful drugs are toxic at too high a dose    Sleeping pills are a classic suicide's choice because unconsciousness precedes death, with little discomfort.

It's possible to overdose on water and die, but it takes a lot of water.

Damn, that would be a looooooot of water. I heard somewhere that it had to be like, 3 gallons drunk in the space of one hour? Though I don't know if it would kill you or just make you really really sick.

inuhanyo

Quote from: bdplague on May 30, 2009, 01:08:23 AM
Damn, that would be a looooooot of water. I heard somewhere that it had to be like, 3 gallons drunk in the space of one hour? Though I don't know if it would kill you or just make you really really sick.

It's happend with two gallons.   The key is how much time the water is consumed over.   You have to work at it to kill youself via water intoxication, but it can be done.

kaskar

8)  I might be a bit forgetful, but has Dan's clan markings turned up yet ? All I seem to remember is that he has a W-S brand on him. ( Please correct me if I am wrong ... ) If this is so, could there be a slim possibility that the publican/adventurer that was his father was actually Aniz, without Destina actually detecting it ? ( Or a more terrifying thought, Aniz the father of Alexi ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

King Of Hearts

Buhamet

Quote from: kaskar on May 30, 2009, 04:42:10 AM

8)  I might be a bit forgetful, but has Dan's clan markings turned up yet ? All I seem to remember is that he has a W-S brand on him. ( Please correct me if I am wrong ... ) If this is so, could there be a slim possibility that the publican/adventurer that was his father was actually Aniz, without Destina actually detecting it ? ( Or a more terrifying thought, Aniz the father of Alexi ... )

Clan mark is now showing. However, it's almost impossible for Aniz to be father of Both children. After all, if it did happen, Alexsi would have been born with wings, and would be a succubus by now.Alexsi is 2 years older than Dan, remember.

King Of Hearts

Alexi and Dan have different fathers to begin with so Alexi's heritage wouldn't really matter.

Netrogo

Bzzt wrong, they have different mothers. Alexsi had already been born when Edward met Destania, then a short while after that Dan was born.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on May 30, 2009, 04:54:36 AM
Clan mark is now showing. However, it's almost impossible for Aniz to be father of Both children.   After all, if it did happen, Alexsi would have been born with wings, and would be a succubus by now.Alexsi is 2 years older than Dan, remember.

I think you'll find that it's not 100% guaranteed that a Being-Cubi match will result in a 'Cubi, just more likely than not.  See Aniz in 12/13:
"I felt it was better to wait until I knew for sure he was a 'Cubi."

...also the hedging in HG02.  Lots of "usually"s and stuff like "if she became a 'Cubi"

Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 30, 2009, 05:05:17 AM
Alexi and Dan have different fathers to begin with so Alexi's heritage wouldn't really matter.

Different mothers, actually.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

King Of Hearts

gah! mind fart, my bad.

So the Abel-Dan sibling scenario would be incompatible with the Dan-Alexi sibling scenario.

kaskar

I only asked the question, due to how little direct magic each one uses, Aniz plays the part of the adventurer well, that " early adulthood " in cubi is not well defined, and where are Dan's clan markings ...   ( or is it only on some home furniture, like the beds. )

King Of Hearts

kaskar

Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 30, 2009, 05:43:05 AM
Its on his shoulder

8) Thank you there. It just seems so unobtrusive to be really noticable on Dan. Before, I was just wondering on the  basis of a past comment from Abel about ''çlan marks'' ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 30, 2009, 06:21:59 AM
Nice avatar, by the way, kaskar.

8) Only what photobucket can do if it crashes... How do you put the avatar in again easily ?

llearch n'n'daCorna

... same way you put it in the first time. Upload it to a server, then put the URL to it into your profile.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

inuhanyo

Quote from: kaskar on May 30, 2009, 06:09:08 AM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 30, 2009, 05:43:05 AM
Its on his shoulder

8) Thank you there. It just seems so unobtrusive to be really noticable on Dan. Before, I was just wondering on the  basis of a past comment from Abel about ''çlan marks'' ...

Dan's clan mark just manifested during his last fight with DP.