[Art] Rhyfe2002's Art Thread (27 Nov 2010)

Started by rhyfe2002, May 24, 2009, 02:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on August 03, 2009, 02:07:21 PM
i hope you don't mind if i borrow it for my avatar... the forum has a distinct lack of demon support, one which i intend to change :3
They do seem to get a bit of a bad rep.  But yes, that is a wonderful piece of work.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sprocketsdance

Wow Rhyfe... open shirt and all?? OOO!! Your fans are very, very happy people  >:3

You, sir... win everything! \o/

Corgatha Taldorthar

I would like to resubmit a request for a sketch of my RP char, Corgatha Taldorthar. If you are still itnerested in doing it, I can reforward you the info of what he's supposed to look like.

Never mind, I missed Tezkat's.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gareeku

If there are any spaces left, I'd like a sketch. If there are I'll send you references by PM

rhyfe2002

These are the last two I will be doing:

1. Dekari
2. Tezkat

Requests are now officially closed. Thanks for visiting! Maybe I'll open it again someday when I have too much free time... (highly unlikely though...  :<)

rhyfe2002

Since Kipiru seems to have drawn Dekari in his True form already, I chose to try and do him in his disguised Being form instead.

It has been proven that wearing specs automatically makes you indistinguishable from your non-glasses-wearing self. (Tinted specs all the more)

Dekari

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 04, 2009, 11:38:07 AM

Since Kipiru seems to have drawn Dekari in his True form already, I chose to try and do him in his disguised Being form instead.

It has been proven that wearing specs automatically makes you indistinguishable from your non-glasses-wearing self. (Tinted specs all the more)

:boogie Hey, I'll go with that.  Funny thing though, that is spot-friggin-on (well, minus the tie) to how I picture him in my mind...or at least how he is when he is out being "casual". 

Edit: Hell, you even got the proper visual personality down without me even saying anything.....are you in my mind? :P
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Dekari on August 04, 2009, 11:52:52 AM

:boogie Hey, I'll go with that.  Funny thing though, that is spot-friggin-on (well, minus the tie) to how I picture him in my mind...or at least how he is when he is out being "casual". 

Edit: Hell, you even got the proper visual personality down without me even saying anything.....are you in my mind? :P

Well, unless you imagined your character to be some sort of superhero (which was what I was thinking of when trying to draw his so-called civilian form) then probably not. :D

Okay, I decided that I didn't really like the tie anyway, so I took it out.

Sprocketsdance

rhyfe2002

Don't mind the style differences :P

Aaaaaand that's all folks. Thanks to all those who participated in my little nefarious scheme giveaway, and apologies to those who tried but didn't get a chance. Please wait for my next holidays... maybe I'll do this again. :D

Sprocketsdance

Aww.. bummer about the shirt..  :P  Still, very well done!! I especially like the hair!  :3

Zedd

Ohhh very nice but there will always be a next time for everyone

Tezkat

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 07, 2009, 03:24:08 PM

Wow, thanks! That's fantastic! :kittylove

Quote from: wuffnpuff on August 08, 2009, 12:39:56 AM
Aww.. bummer about the shirt..  :P  Still, very well done!! I especially like the hair!  :3

Heh. Everyone draws me in a tank top for some reason... :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Tezkat on August 08, 2009, 12:11:43 PM

You wanna be nekkid, you could've just asked beforehand. :D

Lysander

Such a cute face. Love the shading, especially on his hair.    :januscat
TytajLucheek

Tezkat

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 09, 2009, 03:51:58 AM
Quote from: Tezkat on August 08, 2009, 12:11:43 PM

You wanna be nekkid, you could've just asked beforehand. :D

Heh. I don't mind either way. >:] I just find it amusing that the last couple of artists to draw me have put me in a tank top despite my never having dressed the character that way in ref pics. Do y'all know something I don't? Admittedly, it does look pretty sexeh. Maybe I'm just out of touch with current fashion trends. :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Tezkat on August 11, 2009, 11:55:41 AM
Heh. I don't mind either way. >:] I just find it amusing that the last couple of artists to draw me have put me in a tank top despite my never having dressed the character that way in ref pics. Do y'all know something I don't? Admittedly, it does look pretty sexeh. Maybe I'm just out of touch with current fashion trends. :animesweat

I suppose it's just more natural for people to draw more well-built bodies with clothing that shows it off. :D A tighter T-shirt would work, I suppose, but it'd be hell to draw the folds on those. :animesweat

rhyfe2002

I'm guessing some of you would've probably seen it on DA or FA already, but hey:

Akaru no Hikari (P.S. might wanna turn the volume down)

A 1:40 short animation about my character that I made for a class. It also explains why I vanished off the face of the Earth for half a year. XD

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy it. *goes back to his dungeon again*

*comes out again*

Oh, in case you got your hopes up, unfortunately I won't be offering free sketches anytime soon, due to work and school stuff. (I was planning to do one during Xmas season, but I was busy trying to finish up my animation) Sorry, guys :(

*goes back in again*

WhiteFox

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

Very impressive.  What animation system to do use to create it?

ChaosMageX

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 08, 2010, 06:26:03 PM
That. Was. Adorable.

I agree with WhiteFox.

And like Tapewolf, I want to know what software you used to create it.

Heck, I want to know your entire process behind creating, as I am curious about these things.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 09, 2010, 11:03:55 AM
And like Tapewolf, I want to know what software you used to create it.

I said 'system' just in case it wasn't software.  Could be digital video.  Traditionally it would have be C-format or celluloid, but it's rather too clean for that.

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2010, 07:21:53 AM
Very impressive.  What animation system to do use to create it?

The animated frames were individually drawn on paper and inked on paper, which were then scanned into the computer and colored using Photoshop. They were then exported out into Adobe Premiere (video editing program), and then Adobe After Effects (basically a Photoshop for video) then back into Adobe Premiere for syncing with music (which was made in Garageband).

Unfortunately I didn't know how to use (nor did I have access to) animation-specific software like Toonboom, which would have helped me a lot. =/

rhyfe2002

Well, my old art thread got locked for inactivity ;_; Oh well, it's not like I post in there all that frequently  >:3

Anyway, I always liked the bebe versions of the DMFA characters that sometimes appear, like the ones in the wallpapers, or those that appear in flashbacks. I always hoped that Abel would get the same treatment but since he hasn't yet, I thought I would try it in my own style  :3

Too bad it doesn't look quite like him ^^;

My biggest gripe was his hair: Would using another style make him look radically different? In the end I just went for a shorter version of his current hairstyle... I don't really think it came out right, though.  :rolleyes

Mao

You could have just asked one of us to unlock it for you. XD  Did you want me to unlock it and merge this in?

Incidentally, I have to agree, the hair is the only thing stopping this from looking almost exactly like him.  I otherwise feel that the likeness is spot on.  Really though, at a young age, that haircut seems much more appropriate anyway.  As always, your stuff is sickeningly cute.  I just got diabetes from looking at it. XD

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 05, 2010, 09:18:50 AM
You could have just asked one of us to unlock it for you. XD  Did you want me to unlock it and merge this in?

Incidentally, I have to agree, the hair is the only thing stopping this from looking almost exactly like him.  I otherwise feel that the likeness is spot on.  Really though, at a young age, that haircut seems much more appropriate anyway.  As always, your stuff is sickeningly cute.  I just got diabetes from looking at it. XD

If you don't mind  :B Thanks a lot! How long before these things lock themselves anyway? I'll try to post at least a pic occasionally just so it doesn't happen  :rolleyes

Thanks for the comment too; too bad bebes are like the only thing I'm half-decent at drawing, though XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

Able has two larger bangs on either side of his head, and a smaller one in the middle. The larger bangs change the outline of his face, which might be why it doesn't look like him.

Baby Able in AS#2 only has the one central tuft, though. Of course, he doesn't really look like grown up able either, does he?

Young Able in AS#10 has two bangs, and the rest tied back in a pony tail. Again, doesn't really quite look like adult Abel.

In summary:
A) Trimming the central tuft and extending the bangs a bit might make him look more like adult Able.
B) Bebe Able doesn't look like adult Abel anyway, and it's canon.

On another note; dang, that is one adorable little kitten. The figure seems more like a young child then a baby. His pose makes him look like a squrimy little rugrat. :3 I can't help but wonder why you didn't add his wings, tho.

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on October 05, 2010, 12:47:11 PM
Thanks for the comment too; too bad bebes are like the only thing I'm half-decent at drawing, though XD

In the spirit of encouragement; go ahead and experiment. Post the results, I'll make what suggestions I can to help. I'm sure others will too.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Mao

Successfully merged, I believe.  Welcome back Rhyfe. :)

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 05, 2010, 11:07:58 PM
Successfully merged, I believe.  Welcome back Rhyfe. :)
Thanks! I'll try to keep it alive, if i'm not too busy. *sigh*
Quote from: WhiteFox on October 05, 2010, 07:14:06 PM
*snipped*
Argh! If only I knew there was a canonized bebe Abel; I'd have just used that as my reference. Also, I had initially tried drawing the wings, but they ended up looking like crap, so I just took them off. :<

Thanks for sharing the link with me, though. X3 I'd have never known otherwise.  :3