The City (IC) [M]

Started by Boog, May 14, 2009, 12:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noone

Kyirri kept his senses alert, feeling an odd tug in the back of his head every time someone stepped in. He glanced around at the others in the Last Chance, making mental notes about their behavior and appearance. However, he kept to himself, he didn't have any business with any of them.

Kyirri counted his money again, and performed some number crunching in his head. I think I'll only have enough for two days, maybe less... The thought didn't amuse him, on the other hand, it looked as though he hadn't been noticed by the proprietor. He sighed softly to himself, Probably my freaky, pale fur, shriveled eyes, or just my height. Either way, he didn't have anything to lose by trying to grab what looked to be the waitress's attention. He waved softly to Jezebel, and softly asked "Could I have a menu please?"

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on May 14, 2009, 03:59:59 PM
Fishing through the thoughts bouncing around the bar, Edaric managed to suppress a smirk at all the seeming negativity. This is supposed to be a place of adventure and wealth, where a man can enter a peasant and leave a king... he thought to himself. 
Looking slightly down at the small tasmanian devil girl, Ed gave her a bit of a grin and said "You are quite the observant one i must say, Ephrael.  I too am an adventurer" slayer  "as well as a treasure hunter.  Any chance i can buy you a drink?"

He couldn't quite help adding the little thought in, it helped him maintain his act as a being... looking around the bar again, he couldn't help but notice that it seemed far more full than a few minutes ago.  He almost let go of his disguise as an almost predatory grin crept into his expression for a second as he imagined how easy it would be to steal from these poor adventurous saps.  The wicked grin was gone as quickly as it had appeared, he hoped no body had noticed but if they had, he appeared far friendlier now.

As his mind began trying to rationalize a reason for the momentary lapse, the acrid stench of the hobo wafted over and brought a slight cringe to Ed's face.  Figuring it couldn't hurt, he lifted his left arm, pointed his hand towards the hobo. The hand glowed a dull bluish-green and with a flick of the wrist gesture, he cast a quick spell, removing the stench from the hobo.  The distance cleaning removed the oder, but the dirt and grime was still upon the man... Saying to Eph, "sorry, I didn't think i could last any longer with whatever that smell was that he had on him..."

"Heh, yea he did stick a little. I'll get a table if you grab me a vodka and lime." Eph said as she slid into a nearby chair.

Lisky

Ed gave Eph a devious smile then said, "alright, deal... i'll be right back."

He walked off to the bar, waved down the bartender and said "i'll take a pint of lager and a vodka and lime for the lady."  While waiting at the bar, he was struck by the sudden observation that there appeared to be a book, that was apparently eating pretzels.  He observed the thing with a cocked head, and a confused look for a few moments.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

SpottedKitty

Andrace's ears perked up a little when she noticed the two cloaked felines walk in. The girl in particular: her hair wasn't quite the same, and she was a little shorter and scrawnier, but the young lioness looked a little bit like her baby sister.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Myr

There was a muffled, slightly squelchy pop as one of Raek's fingers was neatly disjointed when he grabbed it-indeed, a claw had snagged something, at least, and the sharp tug that accompanied it didn't help matters. Certainly that was a rather painful thing to have happen though; but it didn't faze the Mythos in the slightest. Perhaps such small injuries meant little to him...or maybe he was just rather good at ignoring something like that.

Huh, easier to catch than I thought, the troll thought to himself as he firmly gripped the thing that'd caught his attention earlier. And maybe it's scared too; that sound's gone. The lupinelike creature brought it more closely to his face, those somewhat beady eyes looking rather intent as he turned the drone this way and that in an effort to figure out what exactly it really was.

Now, Raek wasn't a complete imbecile, thankfully: There's just only so much he could process at one time and his understanding was rather limited outside of what he'd learned...and that hadn't been beyond a rather basic, general education. No college seemed to want a troll on their premises-for very good reasons, usually. Still, the wolfish troll tried to ignore what was going on around him as he tried to take notes on what he saw.

Hard, somewhat smooth...and rather flat, he thought, still making me think of a bug...but not, at the same time. Need to see under it, though... The brute paused in his thoughts briefly to grip the device with his other hand and, with a sharp tug, pulling his finger free of where it'd been snagged. Well, at least it wasn't bleeding, but still...that just looked painful. Raek glanced at the injury with mild curiosity, then at the drone-which was being held at a somewhat sideways angle at the moment, affording a rather good view of the damaged 'pointer' finger as it started twitching and jerking in a slightly spasmodic fashion in a bid to realign itself while the Mythos continued his examination.

Since the injury really wasn't severe, it was over within perhaps half a minute-The canid even flexed his hand a little in a rather absentminded fashion; as if to check and see if everything was in working order. "Strangest bug I've ever seen," He muttered in that nearly unintelligible tone of his, "If you are a bug..." Well. Wait. There was one last thing he could find out first. Besides, his stomach was starting to complain rather loudly again.

Granted this was probably going to be a rather odd sight for anyone that happened to be keeping an eye on the fellow -or just stepping inside, should any be doing so- as he brought the drone level with his muzzle, opened his jaws wide and clamped down in what seemed to be virtually the same instant. Other than the flash of yellowed teeth there was a sound not unlike someone attempting to crush a can as he bit it-that odd thrunching sound one expected...just before he made a rather odd face and immediately opened his mouth. Raek's ears flicked back as pulled the errant drone free of his maw and eyed it with distaste.  "Blegh..." Well, that certainly was worth remembering as 'non-edible'...not to mention it seemed to have taken one of his fangs with it when he let go. Eh, it'll grow back, he thought.

Aside from the evidence of a decent bite radius indention-and said tooth- it seemed to be in decent shape. Okay, so it's not a bug, but made of metal. Is this some joke? He looked around, thinking, before turning back to the bar with the drone still in his hand.  Maybe not...hmm...wait. Raek seemed to recall something about a shield being missing...wasn't it that fellow there? That one that seemed to have as much difficulty talking clearly as he did?

The Mythos looked at the hobo thoughtfully. Maybe this was his shield...I'm sure he won't mind the damage. Maybe a touch slick too, but that could be fixed with a quick rubbing against his vest. Might even get a reward for it... The troll smiled broadly at the thought, the expression looking like more of a snarl as he reached out and tapped the bum's right shoulder with his free hand. "Oei, you. Is this yours?" Raek pro-offered the damaged drone to the man, his voice a throaty grunt as he saw that the others were being served- he'd get his own food momentarily, probably. Then he'd pay for that, at least.

And maybe see if someone would like hire me on for some work, the troll thought as he waited for the hobo to reply. He may not be a real adventurer himself, but he did like to think of himself as 'hireable help'...though admittedly there were rather few takers. Not to mention he still had to see about that living stack of paper...One thing at a time....
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

techmaster-glitch

Traxen watched the view from the drone's main camera as the Mythos turned it this way and that. Traxen found it interesting that the Mythos seemed so curious about it (and seemingly disregarding the fact that it was someone else's property), when the Mythos' thick voice came through Traxen's headset;
   "Strangest bug I've ever seen. If you are a bug..."
   That's when Traxen realized, the Mythos had no idea what it was. In fact, the Mythos must have been completely unfamiliar with technology altogether to guess so far off the mark.
   Traxen was then treated to quite the surprise of getting a nice view of the inside of the Mythos' mouth, just before the jaws clamped down and blacked out the screen. Traxen was momentarily stunned, before blurting out, "Aw, damn! I wasn't expecting that kind of foe!"
   There was a crunching sound as well when the jaws clamped down. That can't be good. Traxen thought grimly. However, the drone was apparently spit out, as the display came back as it was removed from the orifice, although a "Blegh" sound accompanied it. Traxen just leaned on one of his hands, shaking his head. However, shortly after, Traxen heard something else being said through the headset, "Oei, you. Is this yours?"
   Traxen instantly perked up. That wasn't right. He reached over and punched the 'enter' key on the keyboard, inputting the command he typed earlier. He then switched on the microphone on his headset. Meanwhile, on the van's external cameras, two more Beings walked by and entered the bar.

As Raek was holding the drone up to the hobo, an onboard speaker activated.
   "No, this drone doesn't belong to whoever you're offering it to, thanks. Now that you're done...examining it, could you do me a favor and put it down? Thank you."

Cogidubnus

People were pouring in. Giles grimaced, and took the low glass filled with golden liquid from the young-looking orangutan girl. He murmured in thanks, and took a long drink, downing the whole glass in one long swallow. It clinked back onto the counter, and he breathed out heavily, smoke curling from out his nose. It wasn't entirely clear when he'd managed to take a drag off the cigarette in his hand, although it was certainly burning close to the stub now - although the proximity of the burning tobacco to his fingers didn't seem to bother him at all.

The one sitting to his right had worried him for a little bit, but she looked like she was a Gutenberg, not part of the Church. There weren't a lot of people who carried around sentient tomes except them, and it wasn't surprising to run into one in a place like this. One man's useless, outdated law codex was a Gutenberg's priceless treasure, after all.
There was a frisbee flying around too. Giles would have blamed it on the rum, except he hadn't been drinking at all before now.

He had to stifle a grin while the local drunk spoke - at least, he thought he was speaking - to the nun. He leaned forward, tapping his glass on the counter.
"It's not bad. How much for the bottle?"

Mel Dragonkitty

It took a moment for Alex to realize that the drunk was speaking to her and another moment to translate that her grimoire was upsetting him. "It's real. The book was exposed to a lot of magic and kind of developed a mind of it's own. It's harmless." Unlike the majority of the books she was sent to retrieve. Some magical tomes had a seriously bad attitude and a willingness to curse anyone who came near. "I'll put it away if it's upsetting people." When she reached out to pick up Snappy it rustled it's pages at her and circled around to the far side of the bowl of snacks. "Behave. You don't want to stay on the bar anyway. You'll get damp stains."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Angel

When they found an empty table, the kids sat and surveyed the area more closely. Black Magic briefly caught the eye of the other lioness - older than her, but much younger than Dyixaz - and gave her a quick smile before her eyes moved over the other patrons. Mykst seemed focused on the book that had been eating snacks, and its squirrel owner. When Black Magic noticed it, she giggled. Her boyfriend gave her a rather strange look.

"What? I think it's cute," she told him, smirking. Now Mykst looked slightly more confused.

"Oh-kayyy...I'm gonna get drinks," he said, giving her paw a squeeze before glancing around for the waitress.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mao

Mao smiled at the young lady as she approached to serve him.  Several more had already called to her in the time it had taken for the young orangutan to come over so Mao decided to be quick about it, lest she whisk off yet again.

"Some tea please.  Jasmine would be nice, but if not I'll take whatever you recommend.  I'd also love to have something to eat.  Whatever meat is on will do quite well, if it's not too much trouble."

He quickly fished out ten silver coins from his coin purse around tucked in his robe and held them up to her.  "Will this be enough?"

Myr

It took a few moments for the brutish lupine to register what had happened when he offered the drone. It...talked. His ears perked forward somewhat; now he was truly confused...thankfully fear wasn't part of a troll's makeup or he'd probably have thrown the thing-not to mention someone probably would have gotten hurt.

This was certainly unexpected though for a host of reasons...the primary of which was usually something didn't normally didn't talk back after he'd bitten it; much less do anything else. Okay, maybe armor can allow it to do something else afterwards, but still.

Maybe it's enchanted to say that, he thought as he kept it held out, you know, to keep someone from stealing it...or nearly eating it. Raek had apparently encountered objects that had been magicked to speak when handled or approached within a certain range. So, with steadfast stubbornness, the Mythos held the drone towards the man...but not before grunting a reply to the voice he'd heard. "I will...when I see if you're actually his or not. Might even get myself some work in the process."

The vagabond hobo did say he thought he lost a shield, and this little item, by whatever logic Raek followed, seemed to fit the bill perfectly. Besides, it was a habit of his not to obey orders until he'd been paid. Or fed. Both meant the same thing to him afterall. Just have to hope the guy didn't mind the dents, one obvious puncture mark and a nasty-looking tooth poking forlornly from the drone's plating if it was his.

Speaking of which, since the less-than sober human was a bit busy himself, Raek could ask about that book. And maybe...eh, his food wasn't there yet, so no matter.

So, he angled his head to where he could keep one ear flicked in the hobo's direction while focusing more of his attention on miss Montegu -not that he knew her name-...just in time to see her reach for the book, and it's reactions. A smile graced his muzzle briefly. "Magic?" He huffed in what seemed to be a rather gruff fashion. It wasn't, really, but still. Then a thought occurred. Spellcasters did seem to like having protection at times...if the human didn't show any want of his presence, maybe he could see if the squirrel would like a bit of service. And it wouldn't hurt to at least try for a slightly friendly impression in the process. If not her, maybe the black feline...if she doesn't try and take my head off. His head panned slightly to glance at Aisha. Certainly seemed the type to do that.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

shadowterm

Sam was minding his own business when something shiny caught his eye. He looked over just in time to see a rather large Lupine bight into what appeared to be a small disk. The whirring sound combined with the cameras told him it was what could possibly be a drone of some kind. The Mythos then proceeded to bite the device, whatever it was. Sam took out his ear buds, and was about to ask to see it when it requested to be put down, and affirmed that it was not the rather drunk looking fellows property. Sam decided to walk over. "Excuse me, I'd like a look at that if it's not too much trouble. Whoever that belongs to isn't here, it's meant to watch and listen for them if I know what it is. I'd like to see how much damage there is, and perhaps fix it if I can." Sam stuck his hand out to receive the drone. from what he could see, getting bitten by this man was not something to be desired, and given he didn't see any missing teeth, when one was rather apparent on the devices shell, told him that anything short of a blunt object through the cranium, or a broad sword through the neck was liable to just piss it off. If he learned anything that time back in the mountains, it was to suspect healing factor on less evidence rather than more. (He was still having nightmares every few weeks about that.)
/)//w//(\

techmaster-glitch

Traxen waited a few moments for the Mythos to comply with his request, but was once again surprised at the Mythos' reaction of again offering the drone to the hobo, after insisting that it still might belong to that person. Unfamiliar with technology I can understand, but is this Mythos just plain stupid?!? Traxen thought to himself.
  However, somone else seemed to come to the rescue, as a second voice came through Traxen's headset, this one seemeing to actually know what he was talking about, although he also said he might repair it. Traxen spoke into his headset again.

The drone emitted Traxen's voice again. "Thank you, whoever you are, but I'm pretty sure I can take care of it myself. I just want this drone put down so I can test if it still flies, so I can have it bring itself back. If not, well, I've still repaired a -hell- of alot worse than a simple bite, although I must admit I've never actually repaired damage specifically from a bite before..."

Tipod

Hardly enough to line a birdcage with, Payden thought glumly as he looked over the paper's headline. The actual contents were hardly more impressive. New pickets to be built around town hall? Re-paving Trickle Street? No police blotter? He flipped over to the obituaries. ...one death, aged 84. You'd think there'd be more chaos considering they're next to the proverbial mouth of Hell. He put it aside, feeling mildly disappointed. "Waitress, I'm ready to order." Until she got to him, he'd have to entertain himself by assessing the others.

Being lawman was usually a one or two-man job, but adventuring in such a dangerous locale would require more numbers. The housecat and his companion were possible allies: young, but they (well, the boy, anyway) looked sensible enough to join up and listen to a veteran like Payden. The troll was tough, and if he could say anything good about the Mythos, it would be that they were nice enough to not blindly embrace the same dastardly tropes as other Creatures. Aisha... probably, if she wasn't one of those proud loners. Andrace and Giles looked like they had similar attitudes. The bum was obviously out of the question.

He gave Mykst a look, making sure the cat was glancing in his direction before giving a "you, come over here" jerk of his head.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Teh_Hobo

The Hobo was about to reply to the squirrel, but then noticed that the mountainous wolf-troll seemed to be pushing an odd metal disc at him.
"Eh? Wassat? Issat moin yeh ask? Harr... It could be, could be, don' 'member et, but eres alot Oi don seem ter be memberin lately..."
He began sifting through the jumbled mess of his mind, attempting to remember if he had at any point owned a talking metal disc. During the search, several items surfaced. One, he was thirsty. Two, he was in a place that had a bar. Three, he didn't have any actual means of paying for anything. Four, this was a bit much for him to process all at once. In his current state, anyway. Something in his brain clicked. His consciousness drifted into a calm bay of sanity.
Whats going on? Ah. I appear to be in a drinking establishment of some kind. Huh.
He remembered what had been going on earlier. Turning his gaze to the troll, he answered in a completely different voice.
"Oh. I don't believe that's mine. I can't recall owning anything of that sort. Heh, I've never really owned much, and something like that seems... a bit out of my league."
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Gareeku

Hearing the voice, the figure smirked somewhat.
"Heh, we really should stop meeting like this...people might talk..." the stranger said, before pulling back his hood, revealing his spiked-out-back hair and his face. He was a white furred wolf with deep blue eyes looking to be in his late 20s and, more noticeable, an x-shaped scar on his forehead.

Looking from side to side, he turned back to his companion with a somewhat disapproving look.
"Seems to be a lot of people here...in all shapes and sizes, no less..." the lupine commented with mild disapproval in his voice. He was of course referring to the variety of species present in the bar...from adventurers to trolls, and also at least one human (he could never get used to seeing these strange creatures). "And here was me hoping for a nice quiet drink."

Aisha deCabre

As Aisha was served her ale, an ear twitched under the cloth of her crimson hood as the figure beside her spoke.  She was indeed correct, and as always glad to have a most trusted companion along for the ride.  With a smirk of her own, she pulled back her own hood to reveal her own face further; that of a black jaguar with piercing red eyes and hair almost as jet-black as his own, the rest of it pulled back into a braid.  "Let them talk," she replied with a smile.  "Always good to run into you."

Listening to Gareeku's assessment of the bar's patrons, she had to give a short nod of agreement.  Her voice was low, hopefully unheard by anyone but him.  "Sí...trouble has to start somewhere.  With a place like that city in the distance, probably unavoidable that we'd run into such ilk.  We'll have to keep on our toes, especially around the Creatures.  With any luck, a quiet drink and a little food will still be a possible blessing."

Her tail poking out of her cloak every so often, Aisha didn't so much watch the goings-on in the bar as listen to the commotion.  Ever since she came in, a variety of people had entered afterward...more looking to be human, more looking more or less like trouble, and more things of fascination.  Including, curiously, a squirrel who looked like she was of the cloth...with a book enchanted as if it were alive.

Were the Mistress here, she'd be fascinated by that, Aisha thought, turning her head briefly to watch the book before it was replaced.

Not to mention the bestial troll-wolf chewing on a mechanical disk.  The panthress tilted her head and watched the exchange between him and the dirt-ridden human, narrowing her eyes.  "...And that machine thing, wherever that came from," she pointed out silently.  "Looks suspicious to me."

Of course, "watching" was a subjective word.  She had already caught one curious glimpse from the wolf-troll, and one that was simply observant from the overly-serious-looking human.  Acting nonchalant, Aisha looked through the menu she was given shortly, before ordering a turkey sandwich from the food choices.  One hand was out of sight, staying near the handle of her bladed boomerang, as was her habit in case of trouble.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

shadowterm

Sam sighed. "I don't see why I should let a drone that's spying on the patrons of a bar simply fly off without some guarantee that I'm going to meet the owner." Sam took the nearest seat. "But you are quite welcome to convince me otherwise." Sam remembered his request for a beverage, and looked at his table, there wasn't something there. He decided he had been to vague, and that with the number of patrons now flooding the establishment it was understandable that they hadn't gotten to asking him to be specific. "I don't mean to rush you," Sam said to the bar keep, "but if I could perhaps make that drink some cola if you have it, that would be appreciated. Take your time I see you have your hands full."
/)//w//(\

Angel

Mykst, never one to call attention to himself, waited patiently for the waitress to notice them. Black Magic, not nearly so patient but curious of other things, focused her attention on the people around them. Most of them seemed about average, but there were one or two species she'd either only heard of or only seen once. She looked over the monstrous wolf-creature and the Nictarl for quite a while, half sizing them up and half committing them to memory. As she continued to look around, her eyes lingered for a few moments on each human - while they weren't unheard of in their hometown, they were quite uncommon.

Then she noticed the human with the dark eyes and crew cut looking at Mykst. She tapped his paw, and he glanced over a second before the man gestured for him to go over there. Mykst gave Black Magic a nervous look, but the lion girl only nodded her agreement - Go over and talk to him. If they were going to get anywhere in this place, they'd need help.

So, doing his best to swallow his shyness, Mykst stood and moved to the human's table. He didn't sit himself down right away, but he consciously never broke eye contact with the man, even though his voice was a little quiet.

"Hi, um...you were addressing me, right?"  
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Myr

Suddenly, Raek found himself the center of attention...if only in part.

At least it wasn't the bad kind...but it still tended to make the chap a bit uncomfortable. But then again, even if he had been trying to keep a vaguely low profile he'd already failed miserably. Let's see in what ways: Huge, brutish fellow that -for someone that didn't know what he was- looked to be suffering from a severe case of fur loss. Then the thick, gruff voice that seemed to hover on the verge of being threatening...as well as being a mite hard to understand here and there no matter how clearly he tried to speak.

Add in the order he'd made, and the previous display when he attempted to discover if that little machine was some new, edible kind of insect...someone other than whom he spoke to was bound to notice. Still, just as the smaller Being made his way over and began asking him to give up the 'shield' as he'd decided to stick with calling it for the moment, the human responded. At least, he noted idly, the male vulpine was being polite. It still didn't help the fact he was starting to get edgy, though.

"It isn't?" He turned his head to focus on the man fully for a second. "Sorry then." So much for that, maybe I can get him something for the trouble. Still... His ears twitched back as he then turned his attention towards the fox that'd just questioned him-just as the device finished talking to the fellow. Scrawny fellow, the troll thought; if Raek were anyone else he'd probably have the gall to say he would be hardly worth eating. But smaller folk tended to find that horribly offensive even if it was meant to be a compliment.

Besides, he was getting uncomfortable...and his hunger wasn't helping. True, his order had been filled just a few seconds ago and was waiting for his attention-and he would pay, not to worry...but the 'Creature' had learned to deal with other matters first...though at the moment he was getting a bit snappish.

"What?" Raek rumbled in a low, hungry tone that -without him realizing it- might sound decidedly alarming to Sam. And probably anyone else in the immediate vicinity. "You want this?" He held the damaged drone up as he turned away from the hobo, pale eyes narrowed. "I don't think it's yours." The lupine troll grunted as he seemed to appraise the being he was looking at briefly. "Don't even seem to have magic, so how can you fix it?" Well, at least his speech hasn't degraded yet; it does that when he's actually angry. And so much for trying to be friendly...Oh dear.

Thank the heavens above he hadn't heard that pantheress label him as 'ilk', however. He might have actually lost what little control he had at the moment and things might have gotten rather ugly and certainly not in his favor as the Mythos towered over Sam. Being in a place full of adventurers was never to anyone Creature's advantage, regardless of their innate abilities.

shadowterm

Sam was not the kind to crack under pressure easily, all the same having something this big, and getting slowly more pissed off was not a pretty picture. Seeing as he looked like he could kill someone by sitting on them. "No, the drone doesn't belong to me, all the same, giving it to me means you don't have something yelling at you to put it down while you have a meal to eat getting cold on your table." Sam said calmly, hoping reason, combined with the prospect of food would allow him to persuade him to let it go. Though admittedly he did want to meet the person that had the funds for such a thing. "I personally enjoy a little peace and quite while I'm eating" Sam added earnestly. "If it's any trouble, though, I'd be happy to leave you be with it." Sam hoped that whoever was controlling the thing would pick up the cue and start whining again.
/)//w//(\

techmaster-glitch

For the third time in as many minutes, Traxen was almost at a loss for words. He was used to dealing with Creatures outright attacking his robotic friends, not hostage situations with the damn things. He started getting worried when the Mythos' voice beame agitated through his headset.

The drone's speaker sounded out again, and this time it sounded like Traxen was slightly exasperated. "Spying is supposed to be covert, isn't it? How is something the size and shape of a discus supposed to be covert? These guys are my eyes and ears in the outside world. But, ah, whatever. If meeting me is all you're worried about..move to the south-east window. And you, Mythos, please remain calm. I'd rather not have my drone any more damaged than it already is."

Traxen tapped out a few things on his keyboard, and then got up out of the "command" chair. He squeezed around to the front end of the van, into the driver's seat. Flicking some switches and typing on one keyboard that was up there, monitors all round the little driver's "cell" lit up, giving a 360-degree view of the outside, plus the rendering map of the area and a few other displays. Grabbing ahold of the steering wheel and putting his feet on the pedals, Traxen started moving the van. he drove it across the street over to the bar, coming up in front of the window that he specified window. Flicking another switch, the out-of-place metal plate on the front driver's side of the van slid up, revealing a windshield.

Out the window Traxen mentioned, a strange armored van pulled up. It seemed to have no windshields; the front was armored as the rest of the van, though there was one square plate that looked like it wasn't quite integrated into the armor. It then slid up, revealing a square windshield with somewhat scrawny Being waving cheerfully behind it. After a moment, his hand then went up to the side of his head. The drone broadcasted his voice again. "There, see? Not spying, ya paranoid nut. My robots just go in lieu of me. Now can you two quit bickering and just put the godsdamned drone down so I can test if it still flies? Yeesh."

Boog

Moze groaned over the commotion that was already going on over that toy that had swooped in. He should've swept the damn thing outside with a broom as soon as it flew in, high-technology was almost ALWAYS trouble. He noticed it's owner driving around the front and sighed. Figured. He'd never complain about having to serve dragons again, now he owned a drive through. The troll had seemed like the sort to stop bothering with all this as soon as food made itself available, but Jezebel had already set out a plate of rare steak and the creature had just wandered away from it.
"Twenty gold for the bottle, Sugar." Jezebel replied distractedly to Giles as she passed out Ed's requested drinks and a menu to Kyirri. "Hard to get anything of that quality out here, y'know?" The girl grinned cheerfully at the blackguard, "So, you and the other couple humans are awful far from home, aren'cha? What brings you?"
Moze snickered to himself. His daughter was curious about something, which meant he wasn't going to get much work out of her for the next ten to twenty minutes. He made his way through what was at this point a bit of a crowd to where Black Magic was sitting. "So, what can I get for you young lady?"

Lisky

With drinks in hand, the incubus in disguise walked over and handed Eph her drink, setting his large pint sized glass down and giving the tasmanian devil girl another devious grin.  He eased back in his own chair, and observed the other patrons.  The appearance of humans always struck Ed as a little odd, like someone had taken a deformed being and shaved them with a surgical grade razer.

He sipped his drink as he looked around the bar again, he began sizing up most of the people there, no one seemed to particularly worry him, though the white wolf and black feline could be problematic if they were to work together.  They seemed familiar with each other, friendly too judging by their facial expressions and body language.  He found it odd of all the thoughts bouncing around room, none seemed to be radiating from the pair.  Either they were shielded, or much more subdued than the confusion and worry practically screaming from the area around the lupine troll.

Ed watched in mild amusement as the troll seemed to get more confused and irritated.  Figuring he'd take a chance now, he said to Eph, "looks like things are getting a little crowded in here, want to try finding somewhere a little more private? perhaps go for a walk?"  His devious grin had a bit more of a predatory edge to it, but his eyes were bright and friendly.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Myr

"I know it's getting cold, not that it matters..." Come on, we're talking about a guy that'd gladly eat that strange mold growing under the kitchen sink in lieu of a better option; cold food's not that bad a thing for him. 

Still, at least Raek did relax the tone of his voice a little, almost enough to sound apologetic when he spoke again. "Sorry...I'm just not used to being this many..." He floundered for a moment with an expression of mild perplexity on his face from having to think of the proper word, "Folk around. Hard not to want to bite someone's arm off." One failed to note that would probably draw even more attention...or he just didn't consider that.

As to the drone itself, the canid grunted sourly when he held it up to eye level. "You want to try and fly, huh?" His muzzle twitched; one could almost swear they could see exactly what he was thinking. Well, he could just throw the metallic frisbee...but since it could talk -and he hadn't paid attention to the window and thusly hadn't seen the van- he decided to humor it. Or it's owner, truth to tell. "Tell you what. You even fly as far as my claw," He held up his other hand to give an example, "You can keep that tooth. Otherwise this one gets it. Maybe even make up a story how you got it." He nodded at Sam as he set the drone down finally, right in front of the fox.

All in all, he felt he'd handled that pretty well.

That better have been a good idea, the wolfish troll thought as he walked back over to the counter. "Sorry 'bout that, barkeep," He grunted as he reached for the meat. "I got some manners, and food could wait." Riiight...and floor wax tastes like candy.

And apparently the barkeep had wandered off just before he got there anyway. Raek almost sighed. Well, I guess I'll just eat, then pay. I can bother about that moving book later. Huh, she probably feels offended I dealt with that other problem anyway. Speaking of said squirrel, he glanced at her again while reaching for his food. Something didn't seem quite like other beings about her. And not just because of the living paper.

But before he went to that corner like a nice aberration of the natural order he did decide to say something to Aisha and her white-furred companion.  "If you adventurers think you want something in the way of a few meat-stickers like yours, I'll be over there. " He grunted thickly as he nodded at the left corner of the building-he'd be up against the wall where the door was placed, to be honest. "Coin works, but you getting me a meal later is better."

With that, he quietly walked to the designated area, ears quirked at an angle that allowed him to hear the general babble around him. If they were curious, they'd come. The Mythos plopped down in a somewhat comfortable fashion-after setting that axe of his in his lap where he could get it. Now, if only he could actually chew...

shadowterm

Sam looked out the window to the fellow being outside. "So, agoraphobia or are you not exactly the fighting type?" He teased. "Any chance of you coming in, or will I have to come out there to talk? I want to meet the person behind this rather amusing debacle." Sam considered offering to bring out food, but someone who sent drones out instead of going out in person was obviously prepared for quite a prolonged period of time in there.
/)//w//(\

Paladin Sheppard

"Thanks much" Eph said as Ed handed the drink to her. As Ed was looking around the room she reached out and picked a few peanuts from the bowl in the center of the table, sniffing them she decided that they weren't stale so ate those she had and got another handful.

"So you can kill me somewhere less crowded? Hah no thanks." She said in a quieter voice. Strangely her thought didn't betray any of this or even if she was thinking along those lines at all..It was if they were almost a recording or very carefully chosen...But then they stopped for a second. "I know what you are mister incubus...But don't worry I'm not going to blab to anyone." Came through crystal clear, before resuming the previous patten.

Lisky

Ed kept his grin, though quirked an eyebrow at Eph's response.  He replied quietly, "why miss Falco, you hurt me.  If i really wanted to kill you, do you think i would have gone through the trouble of trying to be genuine, if i truly wished for a soul to devour, there are far easier and less troublesome targets than yourself... Oh no, i was looking for something a bit different, and a bit more fun... For both parties involved."

Cocking his head to the side a bit, he continued, "Now, since you've got the upper hand at the moment, what are you looking for? and why keep my heritage a secrete?"

techmaster-glitch

Traxen changed one of the monitors up in the driver's seat to show the camera feed as the Mythos asked the question about..."flying". Traxen glared at the screen as it showed the troll's loaded expression. Don't you dare, you freaking stupid Creature... Traxen thought, but let out a sigh of relief as the Mythos stated his "terms" and set the drone down.
   At the other person's questions and comments, Traxen replied (into his headset, which was then broadcast through the drone, of course) with a snort, "Actually, a little bit of both, I guess. And, go inside, with that many people and at least one Creature? Heeeeells no. And you don't really have to come out either, do you? Just talk to me through my robots. But, if you'll excuse me for just one moment, I've got to try and get my drone off the ground remotely before Food-For-Brains tries to give it away, ha-ha..." Traxen then flicked a switch again, and the metal plate slid back down over the small windshield.

The drone continued speaking. "Alright, motor's back online...let's just hope nothing's jammed." There was a small humming as the jetfan jerked once, held still, and then finally started spinning with a snap as the tooth popped out and clattered on the table. The drone, now whirring instead of humming, unsteadily began to rise off the table, erratically gaining altitude and swaying back and forth. "Ehhh...some of the blades in the propulsion fan must be dented. That's an easy fix, I can replace those in three minutes. Five, tops. And now..." The drone suddenly dove in one direction, before jerking back in another. "Ah crud. At least one stabilizer must be shot. Just my luck. Probably punctured, given the circumstances... a little trickier, but still a fairly easy fix."
   The drone then began to make its shaky way towards one of the windows. "Heh. Considering the misunderstandings we've already had, if I were to just ask for someone to open the window it probably wouldn't end well." The drone touched down on a table near the window.
   A minute later, something appeared outside that particular window. Several spindly legs reach up, and began sliding the window open. When it was open sufficiently, the legs retreated, and a moment later, the disc-drone started up again, zigzagging up to the right height. It held for a moment, and then moved forward.
   And clunked right into the wall beside the window, and lost several feet in altitude. "Crud. C'mon, get up, you..." the voice emitted from the drone coaxed as it slowly regained altitude. It tried fro the window again, at a different angle, but with a similar result. "Nrrg...come on! Get out there!" Once more, the drone rose up, shaking this way and that, and dove forward once more...and went right out the window, though it clipped the side on the way out.
   Another moment later, and the thing that opened the window revealed itself. It was another metal robot, this one was insectoid in form, with six legs and a body. A few container-looking things were mounted on it's back.
   The second drone scrambled over the windowsill into the bar, down to the ground, and scuttled across the floor to back to the table where the fox being was sitting. Climbing up the table, the drone finally settled down a little. It looked up to Sam with a camera lens mounted on the front )like the flying disc had).
   "This one obviously can't fly, so I'm trusting no one else is going to be overly-curious again." The same voice from the first drone was now being spoken through this one. "So, what was it you wanted to talk about?"

Mel Dragonkitty

As Alex tried to pick up the book and put it back in her pocket Snappy ruffled it's pages in an almost hissing sound and moved further down the bar. Travelling always put the book in a bad mood as it hated being confined to a pocket. It's normal day was spent in one of the Abbey's many libraries, having the attention of all the brothers and sisters working therein. The book skittered further away, almost running into the barkeep.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.