7/17/06 - Cheating, the non-Balco way.

Started by bill, July 16, 2006, 08:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, I think she'd be forced to try to use them. The only problem is, she'd be, as mentioned, too much of a goodie-two-shoes to try it.

.. whereas Abel is the sneaky sort who *fits* in with Dan, since he'll use whatever he has to hand to beat Dan, and Dan will have to learn -fast- to catch up and stand up to him.

I can see Abel succeeding where Aaryanna just didn't stand a chance. And I can see Fa'Lina having the appropriate mentality to send Abel out, teach him from Dan, and teach Dan from him - and get Aary back as a lecturer at the Academy - three birds, one stone. Sorted. :-)

Can't you just see Fa'Lina chess-mastering such a move? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rowne

I truly can see Fa'Lina doing that.  *Nod.*

As for Dan being stubborn, Dan is only stubborn when he knows precisely what's going on.  Fortunately for him with Aary, Aary made her thoughts very clear.  However, when Dan doesn't know what's going on, he can be very emotionally unstable and vulnerable.  Far from the stubborn Dan we know when he's in control of a situation.

My wings tried to make me coffee!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Good point. And Abel is *very* *very* good at keeping people on their toes.

... I wonder if Dan will revert back to Adventurer Skills and show himself to be much *better* at keeping his balance with a sword in his hand? I note that way back, just after the coffee incident, he seemed to find solace in holding one of his swords - quite possibly, although offscreen and hence unknowable (unless Amber decides to let us in on it :-) doing some sort of kata with it.

Thinks, thinks, thinks.

Rowne

Oh my, Dan might either end up stronger thanks to this or he might end up mentally broken to the point of no return.  So the end result is that we'll either see a Dan that's more confident and less of an idiot or we'll see a Dan that's out to ...

Freud: You know vat you must do, you must keell zem, keell zem all ...
Dan: Ye~es.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rowne on July 18, 2006, 06:37:19 AM
...or we'll see a Dan that's out to ...

... sit in a corner muttering "Can't sleep, Abel will get me. Can't sleep, Abel will get me. Can't sleep, Abel will get me..." ?

Rowne

Maybe, it could go either way with Dan.  I was personally thinking of the fanweek skit where he had a dream about killing a fellow adventurer.

That and I really want to see a DMFA character go over the deep end thanks to an imaginary freud... er, friend.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Was that a freudian slip, there, Rowne? You know, where you say one thing and mean your mother? :-)

Aisha deCabre

((Post carried over from the other forum...warning.  :p ))

Haha! Now that's a perfect thing to do...torture without actual pain. IE, the dreaded tickle.  :P  Actually, when I was a kid, I had what felt like nightmares about being tickled under the armpits.   :erk

An interesting insight from the comic though...Cubi seem to be an interesting bunch, emotions either out in the open or hidden cleverly, or perhaps being bluffed, avoiding the potential emotion-jammer.

I remember hearing about how, with people, males (and not only is this out of habit, but it seems they're "programmed" to this...) have a worse time talking about their feelings than females. They use only one part of their brain for contemplating emotions, while the other half is tuned for thinking about what they are talking about. Females contemplate and speak with both sides of their brains, so it's easier to speak feelings.

With Cubi, it seems, feelings, male or female, don't seem to have much of a boundary. Literally they feed on said feelings and emit many of the same things on their own, yeah?...So, Cubi males could, if out of habit, be a little more apt to letting their feelings be known just a bit more than say, your average being male...who of course always keeps his thoughts to himself.

Heh, I just HAVE to bring this up...perhaps this is why there sometimes is a confusion with what alignment a Cubus's "preferences" are.  I say it's just something to think about...but until I get it from a source, or am missing something...Abel's straight.   :cool
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Drake Manaweilder

I personally see Dan (amidst a fit of giggles) remembering Fi, calling him, then warping back to Lost lake to rub it in... or at least taunt him a bit.

Dan:  :mowtongue
Abel:  :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on July 18, 2006, 04:37:43 PM
I personally see Dan (amidst a fit of giggles) remembering Fi, calling him, then warping back to Lost lake to rub it in... or at least taunt him a bit.

Yeah.  If he doesn't, maybe we could ask TalonR or someone to draw it, because it has to be done. :twisted

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on July 18, 2006, 04:37:43 PM

Dan:  :mowtongue
Abel:  :U

... and still losing. :-)

Zedd

Quote from: Rowne on July 18, 2006, 06:26:56 AM
I truly can see Fa'Lina doing that.  *Nod.*

My wings tried to make me coffee!

Are you nuts! *throttles you liek mr. ragmuffin*