DMFA RSS feed?

Started by Technoire, April 10, 2009, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Technoire

Is there one already? And if not, is this a proposal you're willing to consider, Amber?

Thanks!

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's on the todo list, when we get the site upgrade done.

Until then, it's too much like hard work (tm)

... not that Amber knows how to make one work, mind. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jack McSlay

that would require a proper data storage to put the comic info on (chapters, page number, title) which it seems to lack currently
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

AmigaDragon

I have absolutely no idea what RSS is.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format) says that it's an abbreviation for Really Simple Syndication.

In short, it's a file supplied by the server that provides links to, and timestamps on, the latest updates, so you don't need to download the entire homepage every time you want to check for them. This enables people to grab just that file from multiple sites, and show the latest updates out of them. So, if you have a stack of webcomics, you can just open the ones that have posted, and skip all the ones that haven't.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

mits

To be honest, it took me like 20 minutes to write a feed (Atom actually, not RSS) for myself. Been using it for a while now.

Unless someone like llearch tells me it's okay to share I'm not going to though.