The DMFA Timeline

Started by Netami, July 16, 2006, 08:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netami

And I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I've already made 3-4 towns in my little sphere of influence, I know you guys have too, what with locations of birth and other such things.

I'll look into the Wikipedia thing, though something quicker to please would be to just come up with a good format to describe everyone's character. I'd use what Amber has in the cast list, but the thing about fanfic characters is, we dont have a ton of ways to see how they evolve so making a very elaborate profile page is often key in describing their powers, history, and everything.

King Of Hearts

A Wikipidea-ish resource would be well. I imagine that something like only short descriptions of the characters in a "first glance" way, with similar simple bio entries like from the cast page, then a separate editable part in the bottom to meet up with any lasting development/changes with the character.

A towns archive could also work even without a map. Maybe just a town name, written location [i.e. "North of _____," or "in the _____ mountains"] and some Miscellany.

Then put up a distinct mark if its Strip Canon or Fanon on the top of each entry... something simple like maybe the Dan Mow for Canon or RJ mow for fanon.

Netami

Could work, but without some sort of starter point, we'd be doomed to misdirection. Besides, I'd have to personally make a map if we did that because I can't possibly visualize and keep track of locations that way. It's easy for someone to say that in real life (like a suburb 30 miles west fo New York City) because we have context. We'd need some sort of basic idea of the shape of the world.

As for Wiki, yeah... That would work. I help run a Wiki for my WoW Server... Here's some examples of profiles we have set up there:

http://thoriumbrotherhood.elwiki.com/Hiz
http://thoriumbrotherhood.elwiki.com/Wol
http://thoriumbrotherhood.elwiki.com/Odil

So like that only the picture would be some agreed-upon size of the furry character at hand, and we'd have to tweak the core statistic area a bit. I just know most of the profiles going into it are going to want to include powers and attacks, etc because most of the fanfiction done thus far has been about fighting.

Tapewolf

Netami, one nitpick on the Jakob bit of the timeline - it should probably read 'Azrael befriends Jakob' rather than vice-versa as Azrael is in a position of power and Jakob isn't at that stage.  Yes, I realise it's my mistake, but it's still wrong :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netami

Updated. James, what race are you? I'm thinkin' Angel but your picture caption tells me definitely not!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netami on July 17, 2006, 05:16:47 AM
Updated. James, what race are you? I'm thinkin' Angel but your picture caption tells me definitely not!
He is an Angel, though (says so in the Furrae Chronicles).  I'm assuming the caption is referring to his attitude :)

*EDIT*
James, like Jakob isn't canon so should probably be highlighted in the timeline.  Thanks for the edit, by the way.

Netami

Heh, figures.

I'll color code him according to Gareeku's Chronicles, since that's where he is most prominent.

RJ

I got around to it at last... a bit of a timeline for RJ's place in the whole thing  :rj

433 B.C. Raine Joybringer and her twin brother Blaze Joybringer are born on Sanctuary Island, a secluded island on the ocean inhabited purely by cubi.

321 B.C. RJ escapes Sanctuary Island to the mainland.

320 B.C. RJ arrives at SAIA and promises to Headmistress Fa'lina to work hard to catch up to the level other cubi her age are. Also meets Paladin Sheppard for the first time.

167 B.C. RJ becomes an assistant to Dr Ink after failing (and accidentally blowing up her fair share of SAIA) the most of her classes except healing magic.

83 B.C. RJ found by her brother and is taken back to Sanctuary Island. She returns later that year to once again become Dr Ink's assistant, though she refuses to say what had happened. Her brother Blaze also returns to take up residence in a nearby town, becoming a baker and visiting SAIA to help aid new students in fire magic.

10 B.C. RJ meets back up with Paladin after many years.

Netami

Alright, guess what color you get? Anyways, that'll be updated in a few. Hopefully this will encourage others to come out and talk about their characters in the DMFA canon (assuming they have them.)

Gareeku

"Furrae Chronicles" takes place 2 years before the start of the comic, and Gareeku is 26 at the start of the comics, so could you add when he was born and when FC took place please? Thanks! ^.^

RJ

Is it orange? :3 or purple... I'm hopeless at guessing games. X3 I always pick the wrong answer.

Netami

Yosh! Yeah, it's orange.

Alright Gareeku. Everything's been updated.

RJ

James StarRunner

Quote from: Netami on July 17, 2006, 05:16:47 AM
Ya, like JP said, I'm actually an angel (I think I'm the only one in the forum too). My character just tries to deny it and hide that fact due to events shown in his background story of which I guess I should put on the new forum and update.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Netami, one last nitpick, could you rename the purple timeline?  It's going to be called 'The Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn' when I've collected and polished it enough to publish here.

Netami

I'll do it when I get home, sure.

Lucheek

Wow. You must have a lot of patience to dmake that. I would like to nitpick about Alexsi's birth. Quote her cast page:Alexsi's real mother was named Quintinga and was an amazon. Um...yah. ^-^;

Nikki

Quote from: Lucheek on July 17, 2006, 04:30:33 PM
Wow. You must have a lot of patience to dmake that. I would like to nitpick about Alexsi's birth. Quote her cast page:Alexsi's real mother was named Quintinga and was an amazon. Um...yah. ^-^;
XD i didn't notice that!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Netami

Quote from: Lucheek on July 17, 2006, 04:30:33 PM

Oooh, I remember that now but never put two and two together. Thanks Lucheek.

Netami

Alright, so I updated with the new information now that my host is back up, and I've edited the front page with some more date information I'd love to get my hands on.

Does anyone know if any of that has been mentioned before? I have a feeling the Dark Pegasus stuff may have been mentioned before somewhere.