04/18/09 [DMFA #993] - Rapid Growth

Started by Cvstos, April 18, 2009, 04:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

I bet you are reffering to that poor guy stuck in an ornament?  The one that Aaryana owns?

*EDIT* This comic.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 21, 2009, 07:46:48 AM
Quote from: Tycoon on April 21, 2009, 06:33:00 AM
Three, as many others know.

Five, actually, but the last two say not to tell anyone where they are, even by PM.

Five... Five?! Arrrgh! now I'm going to have to go through the entire site again to find the two that I missed. Are you allowed to at least answer this question: Are two of them new? ie, can I assume I missed them simply because they weren't there when I last looked?

Wait... you're just saying five to drive the rest of insane, aren't you, aren't you?! :D "I can't go to sleep or the hidden pages will get me. aieeee!" :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Draken on April 21, 2009, 01:37:01 PM
I bet you are reffering to that poor guy stuck in an ornament?  The one that Aaryana owns?
That basic principle, yes.  Point is, he was apparently released later.  If she'd eaten him outright, that would have been that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Draken

I was under the impression that the poor guy was still stuck in there.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Draken on April 21, 2009, 01:44:03 PM
Difficult to tell, to be honest.  People have interpreted 609 as Merlitz releasing the soul, but at the end of the day, we don't know.  Either way, he could technically be released, which was supposedly Aary's intention.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 21, 2009, 01:26:29 PM
Quote from: Garsemor on April 21, 2009, 12:29:37 PM
What about Dan eating DP's soul, that would be, from my point of view, a good way of getting rid him once and for all. Whit out DP's soul. No more DP for ever. VICTORY!

It's still a bit too permanent or my liking and I'm not sure Dan would go for it either.  However, DP's soul stuffed in a necklace or bracer might be a better compromise.  Remember, eating isn't the only thing you can do with souls.

indeed, topiary is one such example.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Garsemor

personally I think the knight is still trapped. Because ho would be crazy enough to reseal a cranky ghost knight ho has been looked up in a jar for several hundred years in which he had plenty of free time to practice. And also ghost knights are more powerful than regular knights do to the fact that it is difficult for you to touch them but not for them to touch you.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on April 21, 2009, 02:26:56 PM
personally I think the knight is still trapped. Because ho would be crazy enough to reseal a cranky ghost knight ho has been looked up in a jar for several hundred years in which he had plenty of free time to practice. And also ghost knights are more powerful than regular knights do to the fact that it is difficult for you to touch them but not for them to touch you.

It's unclear whether DMFA supports ghosts, the only real example we have was Dan in a non-canon arc.  Also, it's only been about 25 years, not centuries.

JackTheCubiWolf

Why don't we ask Amber if he was released? Like in a e-mail or something?

P.S. It won't be me.
I'm back, and tired.

Tapewolf

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on April 21, 2009, 03:02:42 PM
Personally, I don't think it's that important.

Buhamet

I wouldn't be surprised if Ghosts were around, just very rare.

There are undead aplenty, and there were vampires (until they all died) so Ghosts isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination to be possible........ maybe they just don't want to be seen, and so stay away from the living

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 21, 2009, 03:19:15 PM
Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on April 21, 2009, 03:02:42 PM
Personally, I don't think it's that important.

Eh. Your right.
I'm back, and tired.

Tiger_T

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 21, 2009, 01:47:55 PM
Difficult to tell, to be honest.  People have interpreted 609 as Merlitz releasing the soul, but at the end of the day, we don't know.  Either way, he could technically be released, which was supposedly Aary's intention.
That or she craved/will crave a midnight snack at some point in time... :P >:3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 19, 2009, 08:14:40 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on April 19, 2009, 01:50:51 AM
i  don't  see Dan as tri-wing materiel not not for about 10K  to 20K years

I suspect think it's a several thousand-year project that usually takes lots and lots of souls.  Simply having the crap kicked out of you by a demon probably won't give enough energy for an ascension >:3
Amber has said it also has a big reject rate, resulting in the death (and very possibly outright destruction) of the one making the attempt.  If Dan ever becomes tri-winged throughout the lifetime of the strip, I'll eat my hat.

*gives Dan a beer spiked with powdered & permanent Coolness enhancer*
Mad & Dan: To... BEER! *drinks and watches as Dan evolves into a Tri-Wing*
Dan: WHAT!!!
Mad: Well... it worked.  Now I must destroy the formula.
Dan: WHAT!!! *gets angry and accidentally vaporizes Mad.*

...and Now back to your regularly scheduled chat.

Personally I think Dan's subconscious wants Fi to become more intimidating.  The Avengence battle cry more intimidating.

At that size if he finds the courage and can intimate/bluff Pip he could take on the world.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Naldru

Of course, if this was Dragonball, you'd see the heroes advancing into quad-wing status and beyond.  Of course, Abel and Dan would look rather strange with eight sets of wings each.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Cvstos

Quote from: Naldru on April 21, 2009, 05:51:23 PM
Of course, if this was Dragonball, you'd see the heroes advancing into quad-wing status and beyond.  Of course, Abel and Dan would look rather strange with eight sets of wings each.

Don't you mean 4 sets each, set implying pair? Although it would be kind of neat to see them with something insane like 5 sets just to be ridiculous. Not that there is a shortage of ridiculous on DMFA.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cvstos on April 21, 2009, 06:05:08 PM
Don't you mean 4 sets each, set implying pair? Although it would be kind of neat to see them with something insane like 5 sets just to be ridiculous. Not that there is a shortage of ridiculous on DMFA.

http://www.lastres0rt.com/?p=104

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Buhamet on April 21, 2009, 03:38:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Ghosts were around, just very rare.

There are undead aplenty, and there were vampires (until they all died) so Ghosts isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination to be possible........ maybe they just don't want to be seen, and so stay away from the living

Just because there may be ghosts around doesn't necessarily mean they're visible to most beings or can affect objects or beings around them. It may take psychic or magic-using creatures or beings to be able to see them most of the time.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 21, 2009, 01:47:55 PM

Comparing 234 with 609, they don't look like the same object.  Merlitz was packing Aaryanna's things, we have no clue whether or not he released the knights' soul or completely forgot about it.  He was more than a little down at the time.

AmigaDragon

While reviewing a few strips for that previous post, I found one I thought I was looking for but was mistaken... I was looking for a strip relating to the muffin of doom.
:doommuffin
When I found 615 and 616 I found the offending treat was brownies instead. Have I just been missing it or is there no doom muffin  in the comic?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Faerie Alex

Not that I remember. Fa'Lina eats muffins on a couple of occasions, but I don't remember muffins of doom, per se.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 21, 2009, 06:18:45 PM

o/`"giiiiives you wii-ii-iings!" o/`

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Madmann135

Quote from: Turnsky on April 21, 2009, 11:52:54 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 21, 2009, 06:18:45 PM

o/`"giiiiives you wii-ii-iings!" o/`

I was actually wondering when someone would pull out the Red Bull...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 21, 2009, 07:31:21 PM
While reviewing a few strips for that previous post, I found one I thought I was looking for but was mistaken... I was looking for a strip relating to the muffin of doom.
:doommuffin
When I found 615 and 616 I found the offending treat was brownies instead. Have I just been missing it or is there no doom muffin  in the comic?

The muffin of doom was RJ's. She's been a bit busy of late.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brownie

This was...Extremely unexpected.
And, like everyone else, I wonder why Able went "Oh Frig..."
I laughed when I saw the title.
"Someone did not press B fast enough..."

(Yes...First post ever here.)

AmigaDragon

Welcome to the insanity known as Lost Lake.