03/22/2009 [#124] Shock, Shock… Goose.

Started by Starcat5, March 22, 2009, 10:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

Quote from: joshofspam on March 15, 2009, 04:12:40 PM
You know, its really bad when someone starts to fool around with a problem you have. Even more so when they might be one of the ones responsible for that said problem.

Look who called it. Good job.

Also, it looks like the whole "Rolling off the page" thing was more than artistic license. I guess we (the fans) didn't recognize it as a teleport because we are used to teleports being depicted as a fadeout (of the background), rather than continuing past a solid panel. Just a thought in case you DO make a print version some day.  :3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Brunhidden

i kind of wonder if in two comics time we see her in limbo, hovering next to the button for donations and wondering what the heck momocon is
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: starcat5 on March 22, 2009, 10:34:47 AM
Also, it looks like the whole "Rolling off the page" thing was more than artistic license. I guess we (the fans) didn't recognize it as a teleport because we are used to teleports being depicted as a fadeout (of the background), rather than continuing past a solid panel. Just a thought in case you DO make a print version some day.  :3
...I really have no idea what just happened...

Tezkat

Yeah, it took a while for that to click. I was like... "Huh? Teleport? What? Who? Where? Oooh..." :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

techmaster-glitch

joshofspam

Quote from: starcat5 on March 22, 2009, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on March 15, 2009, 04:12:40 PM
You know, its really bad when someone starts to fool around with a problem you have. Even more so when they might be one of the ones responsible for that said problem.

Look who called it. Good job.

Yeah. But I was thinking more of that she was one at least involved with the idea  and not the person who actually took the leg.

Should have guess Celigo would have done it herself. I guess she follows the old advice of if  " if you want it done right do it yourself and have fun doing it".

Man I hope we'll have some non villain Celestial or I might get jaded  and think all of them are up to no good and in it for themselves.

You've got a good villain Jigsaw hope she doesn't stay to long or their might not be anyone left on the station just to keep it running from day to day.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

villain might be too strong a word, just general mischief maker is probably closer to the mark
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Pagan

Quote from: joshofspam on March 22, 2009, 09:04:03 PM
Man I hope we'll have some non villain Celestial or I might get jaded  and think all of them are up to no good and in it for themselves.

Celeste are all up to no good and in it for themselves. They're a bunch of genocidal ponces. You aren't supposed to like them.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

techmaster-glitch

...I'm still confused here. This "teleporting" thing literally came out of nowhere. I don't know who or how. Aagain, it's like there's a page missing.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Pagan on March 23, 2009, 09:22:56 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on March 22, 2009, 09:04:03 PM

Celeste are all up to no good and in it for themselves. They're a bunch of genocidal ponces. You aren't supposed to like them.

Genocidal implies they care about eliminating any given species.

They're much more viral in that sense, really.

Pagan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 23, 2009, 02:43:41 PM
...I'm still confused here. This "teleporting" thing literally came out of nowhere. I don't know who or how. Aagain, it's like there's a page missing.

[Wild Guessing]

As far as I can tell, the idea is that when Daisy tucked and rolled off the page, what she was actually doing is teleporting away from the scene or she turned invisible or went into a nether-realm or something. Daisy isn't right there were she was a moment ago, that's the important thing. And that was conveyed by her going outside of the comic, and by doing so, she went out of the world. That's the "What happened" and the "Who did it."

I think that Daisy has been said to be a Light Child, which is kinda like a Celeste but not. Light Children have magic (I think) or something equivalent to magic. So Daisy went away from the arena via magic (or something similar). That's the "How it happened."

[/Wild Guessing]
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

If only Celeste can teleport, my money would be on invisibility.

That said, wasn't she the one who claimed to be close to 'unlocking the soul code' or something?  If so, might she have somehow augmented her own powers as part of that research?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 23, 2009, 03:43:49 PM
If only Celeste can teleport, my money would be on invisibility.

That said, wasn't she the one who claimed to be close to 'unlocking the soul code' or something?  If so, might she have somehow augmented her own powers as part of that research?

Well from what Jigsaw just said one could guess their more of a culture that views themselves as superior to all others.

Maybe the dead inside with all their abilities make them a threat to any plan they have and their just a little to (whats the word) I'll have to say extreme in removing said threats for a lack of a better description.

With the something called the "soul code", maybe Daisy was looking to dissolve the barrier between the groups and that made her a threat to them. She may be an accumulation of different groups like her fangs might suggest she has some vampire in her and maybe some other surprises as well.

But what ever daisy did it sure put her in the hot seat.

No matter what happens I always like surprises. :eager

stiletto

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 22, 2009, 02:07:34 PM

I know most of the plot of this comic... and I still don't know what just happened. So dun feel bad

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: stiletto on March 23, 2009, 11:05:42 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 22, 2009, 02:07:34 PM

I know most of the plot of this comic... and I still don't know what just happened. So dun feel bad

Perhaps I just threw in a few new bits to spite you?  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

stiletto

I hate you both. Don't make me tell what the original version of this fight entailed, you know it isn't pretty XP

joshofspam

Just took a look at (when in doubt trust your teeth) and I just noticed that it was Jigsaw that had the fangs not Daisy.

I must have something wrong with my eyeballs.

I just noticed the stripes in that picture. Is it common to make mistakes in which characters which when in that kind of small frame that only shows a bit of the character?

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: joshofspam on March 24, 2009, 07:27:39 PM
Just took a look at (when in doubt trust your teeth) and I just noticed that it was Jigsaw that had the fangs not Daisy.

I must have something wrong with my eyeballs.

I just noticed the stripes in that picture. Is it common to make mistakes in which characters which when in that kind of small frame that only shows a bit of the character?

Strangely, Jigsaw and Daisy have closer skin/furtones than you'd think -- Jigsaw is a pretty pale yellow, but the stripes help pull out the color. I notice it mostly when coloring; in the finished versions, the lineart and everything else helps to keep them looking more distinct than they really are.

... They're not the most common mixup though. That'd be reserved for Nate and Vince (neither of them show up enough to be shown off against each other to illustrate the differences better...)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on March 24, 2009, 07:38:36 PM
... They're not the most common mixup though. That'd be reserved for Nate and Vince (neither of them show up enough to be shown off against each other to illustrate the differences better...)

The major problem I find is after they haven't been on-screen for a while, and Jig's art style improves enough to make it difficult for me to tell which one is which...

Doable, but not easy. And, of course, I'm not saying I want Jig to stop improving... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears