If you lived in Furrae what Being/Creature would you Be?

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, March 19, 2009, 05:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 27, 2009, 09:45:40 AM
Quote from: Rafe on March 26, 2009, 06:13:13 PM
Oh, and I'd also apparently be a fan of David Hopkins books.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/con/ac07/s7300064.jpg

I didn't quite get the same angle as the strip.

Wow, thanks Tapewolf.  That's about as good as anyone can make me look anymore without Photoshop. 

But I have to make something clear, DeByrus is a dragon character, a winged, fire-breathing one.  I suppose dragon-o-philes can argue the types but that's what he says.   I'd also llike to offer some more images (these are all Amber's) of said character, and also mention that the difference in size between Rafe and DeByrus in DMFA as Amber drew them is pretty much the same as that between me and the Real-Life DeByrus. 

That's him with Amber (bottom left), and Candy (Vinci and Arty) DeWalt (bottom right).
I'm pretty much the same height as Amber.   Fortunately, he's a nice, friendly guy.
Rafe

llearch n'n'daCorna

ah, thanks Rafe. The image in the strip isn't big enough to tell all the details.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hatsuyuki

...*chirp!*
Female, Snowy-Gryphon, B-Type.

Snow Leopard backside, Snowy Owl head, front legs, wings and forebody.

Average intelligence, has the mentality of a being, but with the vocal cords you were expect for an owl and feline hybrid.
Very expressive, pretty much gets the message across purely through her body language.
Can chirp to other gryphons in gryphonic! So maybe a Type-A gryphon can translate for her.

Raffe

Hooray ellipsis!

AmigaDragon

A dragon (haven't worked out any type, size or coloring yet) with a being form of perhaps fox (I still haven't heard, is the being form by breeding or by chance or choice? one form or many?). Working (or at least interested) in the tech field. Keeps a curious eye on Jycorp products.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Rambon

I believe I would be an winged white&black tiger being, with angelic ancestry  (explaining her wings)

Kibin

Dragon, rawr.

That's... pretty much it. An ordinary silver dragon. Maybe with a wolfish humanoid form.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Garsemor

Name: Relven
race: leopard/cubi
wingspan: 5 ft
Hair: just dark fur
Tail length: normal
collar: Black
History: His mother gave him a morphing amulet an birth so to hide his Cubi features, even to him self. He was a mage-adventurer whit some skill. At age 23 he was on an adventure searching for a group of were ho raided a near by town, during his search the were attacked him and riped of his amulet revealing his back and head wings. Shocked by this discovery he hid for several months in an abandoned mansion hoping to die or to never be found, fearing he might start to hunt others. One day he was discovered by a rather confused warp-aci who teleported to the wrong place, the warp-aci teleported him to SAIA were he finally accepted the fact that he is a cubi. After learning the basics of being a cubi he returned to the outside world but his time of separation from the world and being surrounded by cubi changed him. He is now more of a loner creping in the shadows. But he has restarted his curer as an adventurer but instead of simple killing his opponents he devours their souls and amuses him self in their suffering.

Sorry if I got a little talkative but when I start writhing I have a small problem whit stoping

Rakala

I... would probably be a Mythos. I've always had a preference for the strange and unusual. Taur build probably, and maybe the serpentine features. Green coloring with brown stripes running down the backs and sides.

Lego3400

Quote from: Teh_Hobo on March 19, 2009, 09:54:02 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 19, 2009, 08:21:41 PM
I would be the one human that came in from some other dimension and frigheten everyone in Furrae to death.
HUZZAH! I wouldn't be alone!

Now that I re-read this it makes me wonder... why don't more Fae and Cubi show up in human forms to scare people.  <.<

VSMIT

Because if more than one person did it, it wouldn't be fun.

CSlash

Name: Chris
Species: Cubi
Bio: Sort of like jyyras, but more badass.  Invented a car with four steering wheels,
(one for each wheel) two gearshifts (one for Rear wheels, and one for front) and
uses it for the ultimate driving control (drives using his cubi arms) Invented a type
of synthetic brain so that he could use it to control the computer modules using his
telepathy powers.  (Sounds awesome already, no?)

Off-topic side note: I think I figured out how it might -theoretically- be possible for
the warp-aci to teleport using their tails.  In theory, if one were to be able to wield
a blade of one-atom-thick steel, and cut through the air, by pushing the surrounding
atoms apart, there would be a split-second where -nothing- would be there.  In physics,
this would be (by modern scientific standards) a type of void where one could even
say that you have ruptured the space-time continuum.  Sadly, as we know nothing about
what could happen, even if we could make the gap bigger before the atoms just go back
in their place, the most anyone could hope for is to be able to study it, as the "portal"
one would have created would have no destination, thus one wouldn't be an intelligent
person (if there is even enough space to fit through) to jump through it.  If it got bigger,
we would be talking about world-swallowing voids here.  Just thought I'd share my wierd
theory.

Howl

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: CSlash on May 13, 2009, 10:21:38 AMIn theory, if one were to be able to wield
a blade of one-atom-thick steel, and cut through the air, by pushing the surrounding
atoms apart, there would be a split-second where -nothing- would be there.  In physics,
this would be (by modern scientific standards) a type of void where one could even
say that you have ruptured the space-time continuum. 

I assume you mean Furrae physics? Because there's no sense I can think of in which actual real physics says that pushing air out of the way with a monotomic thick blade -> rupture of spacetime.

The rest is at least an clever idea. Though why not simply a bit? don't steer the wheels at all. Instead use [url-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omniwheel]Omni Wheels[/url] or Mecanum Wheels, so the only thing that needs to be controlled is the relative speed of the wheels. I mean, if you're going to control them independantly anyways, may as well take advantage of a type of wheel that takes advantage of the ability to do that...

Though, not sure that would count as anything resembling "more badass than Jyrras": Recall that, largely to relieve stress, he's been known to build and rebuild ever increasingly huge (gryphon) mechs. Over a period of time of, say, a week or so. :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 13, 2009, 12:12:35 PM
I assume you mean Furrae physics? Because there's no sense I can think of in which actual real physics says that pushing air out of the way with a monotomic thick blade -> rupture of spacetime.

Warp-aci do something a bit like that, actually.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ganurath

I'd be a human, hiding out in that one were-community mentioned on their racial profile where most of them are in human form most of the time. Just like all the other humans in Furrae! It's a conspiracy!
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Raffe

And I thought the kidding was in reference to the necropost.
Hooray ellipsis!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on May 13, 2009, 02:03:55 PM

Actually, yes.  Somehow I thought it was still early May, but it's actually reviving a topic more than a month old.  So yes, CSlash, the topic was actually considered dead.  Please don't revive them when they're more than about 2 weeks old - you might want to re-check the forum rules.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2009, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on May 13, 2009, 02:03:55 PM

Actually, yes.  Somehow I thought it was still early May, but it's actually reviving a topic more than a month old.  So yes, CSlash, the topic was actually considered dead.  Please don't revive them when they're more than about 2 weeks old - you might want to re-check the forum rules.

that's why this exists in the smilies list:
:necro

>:3

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

CSlash

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 13, 2009, 12:12:35 PM
Quote from: CSlash on May 13, 2009, 10:21:38 AMIn theory, if one were to be able to wield
say that you have ruptured the space-time continuum. 

The rest is at least an clever idea. Though why not simply a bit? don't steer the wheels at all. Instead use [url-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omniwheel]Omni Wheels[/url] or Mecanum Wheels, so the only thing that needs to be controlled is the relative speed of the wheels. I mean, if you're going to control them independantly anyways, may as well take advantage of a type of wheel that takes advantage of the ability to do that...

Though, not sure that would count as anything resembling "more badass than Jyrras": Recall that, largely to relieve stress, he's been known to build and rebuild ever increasingly huge (gryphon) mechs. Over a period of time of, say, a week or so. :)

btw, what I mean, when I say "air" is not just air.  I mean all form of matter that surrounds the
basically-defined sheet metal.  The reason that it would be one atom thick is that it would push
absolutely all surrounding matter, (not just air mollecules) out of the way, leaving a sort of
"atomic wake" similar to the waves behind a moving boat, or the air that your finger moves
after it has been there.  Basically, create a disturbance in space-time, only suffiecient to measure
and study said wake (before the surrounding atoms move back into place, closing the wake)
I just thought that if it could possibly be done with a "tail" that would be the closest thing to it
in - yes, real life theoretical physics.  The difficult part, however, would be (even if one were able
to spread this wake open into a portal of sorts) the connection of two points in space (coordinates,
not "outer space") or dimension with physical being remaining in only one side.  (This would be
what the "studying the wake" part would be for)  That is as close as I come to thinking about
theoretical time/space travel. 8)

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: CSlash on May 14, 2009, 03:40:34 PMbtw, what I mean, when I say "air" is not just air.  I mean all form of matter that surrounds the
basically-defined sheet metal.  The reason that it would be one atom thick is that it would push
absolutely all surrounding matter, (not just air mollecules) out of the way, leaving a sort of
"atomic wake" similar to the waves behind a moving boat, or the air that your finger moves
after it has been there.  Basically, create a disturbance in space-time, only suffiecient to measure
and study said wake (before the surrounding atoms move back into place, closing the wake)
I just thought that if it could possibly be done with a "tail" that would be the closest thing to it
in - yes, real life theoretical physics.  The difficult part, however, would be (even if one were able
to spread this wake open into a portal of sorts) the connection of two points in space (coordinates,
not "outer space") or dimension with physical being remaining in only one side.  (This would be
what the "studying the wake" part would be for)  That is as close as I come to thinking about
theoretical time/space travel. 8)

Sorry, still not following. Even if it can slice and push all matter out of the way, why would that lead to a nontrivial effect on the geometry of spacetime? I mean, yes, the equations of general relativity do imply that motion, not just density, is relevant to the effects of matter on spacetime, but I still don't quite see what you're saying here. Sorry if I'm being, ahem, dense, and just not getting it.

Brownie

Name:Brownie

Species: Cubi Dragon

Wingspan: 6 meters fully extended.

Wing Color: Midnight Black

Hair: Midnight Black, Shpae changes with mood.

Scales: Midnight black scales, with white scales on the stomach.

Tail Length: 2.5 meters laid out straight.

Interesting Characteristics:
Unpredictable
Volatile
Sensitive
Rather Tall.
Not much muscle, Strength is enhanced by magic.
Can wield Cubi Magic such as shapeshifting and the like but is also able to wield Draconic Magic.
Wields Elemental Magic.
Highly intelligent.

Bio: Brownie is a rare creature, being that I am Part Incubus, part Dragon. I am not a *natural* creature (Meaning I was "made" in much the same way deebs was. But with less accident and more...Accident...)
Originally a test to see what would happen should a Dragon inherit Incubus traits while retaining the Draconic traits, the experiment went horribly wrong (See the less accident and more...Accident...). Brownie's intelligence grew and grew until at a point, I realised I was a mere experiment. I began to plot my own escapes. Many failed attempts ensued due to many magic barriers.
After many failed attempts, I got smarter...Again...And managed to escape. With relative ease this time. I flew high above everything for a time, avoiding contact with creatures and beings alike. I observed everything below me and noticed I was near to the only one of my species. I stayed hidden away for a time, collecting my thoughts and planning my next move.
After all this time I have emerged and am waiting to see how Furrae reacts to me.

NOTE: Sorry for the long history lesson, it's designed to clear up any questions or logical flaws (See my title.)

Turnsky

wait, when did this become a roleplay thread?  :erk

oh god, the horrible memories of reviewing character sheets, they return!.. AUGH!  :<

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2009, 02:47:20 AM

oh god, the horrible memories of reviewing character sheets, they return!.. AUGH!  :<

Check the beginning of the thread. :)

Turnsky

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 16, 2009, 02:48:28 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2009, 02:47:20 AM

Check the beginning of the thread. :)

still, character sheets... oh the horrible, horrible memories..  :<

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2009, 02:50:37 AMstill, character sheets... oh the horrible, horrible memories..  :<

Why is that such a horrible memory?

Turnsky

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on May 16, 2009, 02:53:32 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2009, 02:50:37 AMstill, character sheets... oh the horrible, horrible memories..  :<

Why is that such a horrible memory?

i used to help moderate a Creative Group Writing RP (CGWRP), reviewing character sheets, making sure they were able to fit into the setting, and not too overpowered, spotting logic faults, and so on..
Brownie for example, makes me wanna chastise him for even /wanting/ such a hybrid.. old habits really do die hard.