03/19/09 [Abel 2 #49] - Revenge is a dish best served by a hot Sucubus

Started by Jairus, March 19, 2009, 01:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 19, 2009, 12:46:10 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 12:44:27 PM
Are you sure you don't want to put it out of its misery?  Come on, you know you want to...

NEVAH! Writhe! Writhe for me! :U

it's fun, innit?.. Truth be told, i'm only trying to add more layers to an already convoluted and faceted arguement.. more branches to the proverbial bonsai, as it were.  >:3

sides, that grass skirt of yours is still at the dry cleaners, isn't it?  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 19, 2009, 12:43:30 PM
I find the speculation amusing. Mainly because I could easily turn it off anytime I wanted to with but a sentence.

The fact I let people argue and throw chairs at eachother over it for my entertainment probably doesn't speak well of my sense of humour.
Heheheheh. You are so good at this. Are you sure you're not plotting world domination, Doctor Amber?

Are you sure you don't want to put it out of its misery?  Come on, you know you want to...

Oh, okay. *writhes* How's that?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 19, 2009, 12:48:34 PM
it's fun, innit?.. Truth be told, i'm only trying to add more layers to an already convoluted and faceted arguement.. more branches to the proverbial bonsai, as it were.  >:3
Adding feature creep and bloat to a project until it sinks under its own weight is a technique I'm well aware of, thank you  >:3

It ain't me doing the writhing.  I'm just caught in the middle here - unable to resist defending the theory, but realising that other forumites don't like it.

**EDIT**
For the record I did not bring the topic up this time.  That at least is a habit I'm starting to overcome.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Speaking of mad theories.........

I still maintain that Aniz had some sort of personal problem with Fa'Lina. I'm reasonably sure that SAIA is old enough that Aniz couldn't have been directly involved in the massacre of her clan, but either you hold grudges through clan members, or Aniz did something himself to irk her. At the moment, Abel can't even hurt Aniz, let alone fight him effectively, but Fa'Lina has power to spare. I'm still sure that this is an attempt to aim the headmaster of SAIA at Aniz for some reason, although the specifics (what Aniz did/didn't do, why Fa'Lina is restraining herself) are beyond me.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Buhamet

The idea of Fa'Lina being after Aniz wouldn't surprise me........... everyone who seems to know Aniz wants kill him, by the looks of it

DarkAudit

I bow to the genius that is Amber, and offer to make her another batch of popcorn in between bouts of writhing.  >:3
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Tapewolf

I've updated the Edward-Aniz theory on the wiki if anyone's actually interested.  I'm going to try and avoid pursuing the theory much more in this thread to help keep the peace  :rolleyes

Terrion

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 19, 2009, 12:43:30 PM
I find the speculation amusing. Mainly because I could easily turn it off anytime I wanted to with but a sentence.

Ahem (Way out in left field alert): Amber. is. a. CUBI!   >:3

*munch munch munch*

Angel

Hmmm. I can't figure out how much I should admire her and fear for Abel's safety. On the one hand, she should know better than to drop this kind of news on a still-rather-traumatized student, but given her affinity and her subject, it's not surprising that she chose to do it this way. On the other hand, she must have at least SOME morals, given what she said about Aniz betraying her. But I wonder if she means that he betrayed her by doing this, or through some other means...

Gargh. There's a lot of subplots in this comic. I wanna sift through 'em with a li'l rake and find the ones we're missing.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Howl

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 05:20:00 AM
2. Why in all Furrae did Aniz leave?  Fa'Lina's offer was tantamount to protection and/or mediation.  Even Destania would never dare to murder a student within the Academy.

I think Aniz is smart enough to not take a chance at pissing off a Cyra Clan Succubus. Even then, I don't think Destania would let the rules stop her from murdering Aniz.

Quote from: Draken on March 19, 2009, 08:56:18 AM
Poodle of doom, eh?

OK, I know Abel has just been through a LOT, but how long is this Heroic BSOD gonna last?  We're on, what, 50 or strips and counting? 

(Personally, I would not be surprised if it lasts the rest of this chapter)

It's not so much the BSOD, it's more shock and confusion. Fa'Lina and Destania are putting a lot on him at once. New academy, someone wants to destroy (not kill, absolutely destroy) his father. It'd be a lot on anyone.

silentassassin

Wait I thought that people at the academy took their own classes hence the gardening class Abel took.

Noone

Quote from: Minishear on March 19, 2009, 03:38:35 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 05:20:00 AM
2. Why in all Furrae did Aniz leave?  Fa'Lina's offer was tantamount to protection and/or mediation.  Even Destania would never dare to murder a student within the Academy.

I think Aniz is smart enough to not take a chance at pissing off a Cyra Clan Succubus. Even then, I don't think Destania would let the rules stop her from murdering Aniz.
Actually, I think the real reason Aniz left, apart from Dee, is that staying around (if Fa'Lina could keep him there), would be that Abel would want to leave. Aniz has thoroughly abused him and his presence there would effectively nullify his ability to function there, and Destania's presence would be 'icing on the cake'. In fact, I think that Destania is trying to encourage Abel to leave SAIA, so that Abel provokes Aniz into killing May, and then she can get Abel's loyalty in trying to take Aniz down. But... there I go again with my projections...

Arroyo Milori

I'm all for The1Kobra's theory of how Dee is trying to do. It seems more logical that way, but then again...Abel might stay, and possibly learn much about Aniz's background story in a way, and what Aniz learned from Dee.

But the way Abel reacted, he might lean towards leaving Saia, but then again it's kind of ether way in my point of view. :L

Buhamet

In truth, we already know what's going to happen

Abel is going to stay, for good

remember dee's reaction of "wait, ABEL?! He actually left?!" when lexsi was kidnapped by biggs

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 19, 2009, 05:14:11 PM

Amber has said on numerous occasions that she was tempted to kill Abel off in Abel's Story just for the sheer mindf___ factor of doing so...

Michael Chandra

Gasp! That means he's wearing coloured contacts! How else would he hide his undead eyes?

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 05:15:56 PM
Quote from: Buhamet on March 19, 2009, 05:14:11 PM

Amber has said on numerous occasions that she was tempted to kill Abel off in Abel's Story just for the sheer mindf___ factor of doing so...

lol alternate ending : 3

Terrion

Quote from: Michael Chandra on March 19, 2009, 05:28:09 PM
Gasp! That means he's wearing coloured contacts! How else would he hide his undead eyes?

Paint.  After all, undead don't feel pain...

But now I'm left wondering how undead Able can see through painted eyes...    :P

Naldru

What amazes me is that Amber has finally admitted that her goal in life is to make her loyal readers suffer agonizing torment at her hands.  What she really needs is a button that she can put on her posts that will go:  "BwaaWaaaWaaaHaah  Suffer in eternal torment"
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

silentassassin

Quote from: Terrion on March 19, 2009, 05:45:58 PM
Quote from: Michael Chandra on March 19, 2009, 05:28:09 PM

Paint.  After all, undead don't feel pain...

But now I'm left wondering how undead Able can see through painted eyes...    :P
The same thing we use to explain everything related to Amber's vagueness/lazieness/plot holes.

Magic :wizlit

But I'm wondering how would an undead cubi work? From what I understand most lose the majority of their powers aside from beings. Who's lacking of any real powers is the only species who gains anything from being undead. Bone wings possibly?

Lego3400

Lexsi has likely seen abel without a shirt on. Also when he walks around lost lake with a shirt and his wings, the shirts have no backs to allow for the wings.

silentassassin

Quote from: Lego3400 on March 19, 2009, 08:55:15 PM
Lexsi has likely seen abel without a shirt on. Also when he walks around lost lake with a shirt and his wings, the shirts have no backs to allow for the wings.
What exactly was the point of that?

Arcblade

Presumably pointing out that Alexi has had ample chance to see Abel's clan mark and remark on it.  Or not. 

Starcat5

Ah, conversation drift. Or, rather, conversation split. Two different trains of thought, both on topic, diverge from the same line. When the two try to converge again... CRASH! I actually heard it after reading silentassassin's comment. *Remembers that old black and white movie with the two trains doing a head-on collision*  :mwaha
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

silentassassin

Quote*Remembers that old black and white movie with the two trains doing a head-on collision*
Aww yes quit creepily satisfying seeing that isn't it?

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 02:10:16 PM
I've updated the Edward-Aniz theory on the wiki if anyone's actually interested.  I'm going to try and avoid pursuing the theory much more in this thread to help keep the peace  :rolleyes

Here Tape, you might wanna just add this for the sake of it

>:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Mao

The truth is out there... you just have to keep searching for it Muld.. er.. Tape.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 20, 2009, 11:20:50 AM
Here Tape, you might wanna just add this for the sake of it
>:3

Hah!  I thought of that one months ago!

More seriously, I'm well aware - and the wiki is explicit in this - that the whole thing could be one big coincidence like the Law of Fives.  Like I've said, if it's 100% proven wrong I'll gracefully accept defeat and be more careful in future.

**EDIT**
Expect X-files quotes from me in retaliation if it does, by some chance, prove to be more-or-less right.

**EDIT EDIT**

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/idontwannabelieve-1.jpg

Tsunari

Though since I just looked at the cast page and see that Abel's favorite food is confusion.  Even though he doesn't realize it, hasn't everything been just feeding him.