Stress and illness

Started by mopman, April 09, 2009, 02:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopman

Amber I wanted to remind you of a well known fact , if you have been under stress for any length of time your bodies immune system will be compromised.

I am not too suprised that you have been unwell , since you have had many things happening to you lately but the important thing is not to expect to jump back in at 100 % production  suddenly.

You have spend the last year under considerable stress and it may take some time for your system to make a complete recovery.

Please pace yourself , we will understand.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Turnsky

i just picture Mason coming in to check amber every three hours, hears her gurgle a response, he pulls out a giant spatula, flips her over, and then waits another three hours to flip her back over again.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk*

Secret Tools Of The Common Crow.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Howl

I'm certain that whatever force drives this world friggin' hates DMFA.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

I was actually on the edge of my seat, reading my web-page title bar at the top, then I saw "DMFA RETURNS TOMORROW". Way to get me excited.  :U

Quote from: Minishear on April 09, 2009, 05:28:18 AM

I concur, agree, and every other word that is a synonym of those two.
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

Tapewolf

It doesn't seem to be a great time for comics in general, if DMFA, Foxfire and mine are anything to go by  :rolleyes

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

N-Cat

Hey, you guys, I don't really that the universe hates DMFA because more bad stuff has happened to Amber, rather than the comic, but yes, I do agree, it looks like DMFA has had a lot of bad luck lately,

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Turnsky on April 09, 2009, 04:07:32 AM
i just picture Mason coming in to check amber every three hours, hears her gurgle a response, he pulls out a giant spatula, flips her over, and then waits another three hours to flip her back over again.

*blinks*
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

LionHeart

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2009, 07:25:24 AM

It doesn't seem to be a great time for comics in general, if DMFA, Foxfire and mine are anything to go by  :rolleyes
You can add El Goonish Shive to that list. Dan has been having problems with his hands, apparently...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Alondro

I dunno about the whole stress thing.  I've been under non-stop stress for 3 years, working all night twice a week in the lab, and I haven't been sick once the whole time.  I think it's more how an individual's body responds to stress rather than a generalization.

I'm fighting something right now, not succumbing to it yet, but I can tell from the fatigue that my immune system is battling the virus my mom has had for the past two weeks, which she got after just recovering from another one.  This one might finally get me.  I've been surrounded by sick people lately and I think my body is finally on the verge of losing a battle to one of the viruses.   

Wars fought on multiple fronts end badly.  My body is now Germany in March, 1945.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Rafe

Quote from: AmberI actually had a twenty minute argument with myself over the possibility of being able to eat my own foot to survive. I'm sure the alien reality tv shows were having a field day with that.

Dear Amber,
Please don't eat your foot.  You might need it to draw with.

Your friend,
Rafe
Rafe

Alondro

Quote from: Rafe on April 09, 2009, 05:27:40 PM
Quote from: AmberI actually had a twenty minute argument with myself over the possibility of being able to eat my own foot to survive. I'm sure the alien reality tv shows were having a field day with that.

Dear Amber,

Your friend,
Rafe

After runaway chimps bite off her hands?   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Jairus

Quote from: Alondro on April 09, 2009, 05:35:15 PM
Quote from: Rafe on April 09, 2009, 05:27:40 PM

Dear Amber,

Your friend,
Rafe

After runaway chimps bite off her hands?   D:
We can rebuild her! We have the technology! Well, Jyrras has it. But we can rebuild her! Faster! Better! Stronger! Amber 2.0! I want to make a Cyberman joke here, but I can't think of how to properly pull it off.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Michael Chandra

Cyberman: You would destroy the Cybermen with four Ambers?
Jyrras: We would destroy the Cybermen with one Amber!

Jairus

Quote from: Michael Chandra on April 09, 2009, 07:17:22 PM
No, I've got a better one.

Dalek Thay: "Identify her!"
Mason: "Alright, you wanna know who that is? That's the Amber."
*Daleks edge backwards*
Mason: "Five million Cybermen, easy. One Amber? Now you're scared."
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kenway975

Another possibility, although it would a) take a decent amount of reality bending and b) be fairly nerdy (I think that's the proper category)... give either Amber or Mason 5 levels of Cleric (v3.5). A 5th level cleric can cast 3rd level spells, and one of the 3rd level spells is Remove Disease. The other class option (if neither one has a 13+ in wisdom) is give one of them 6 levels in Paladin for Remove Disease 1/week. But the cleric option would be better due to less overall restrictions.

insidexml

Would the illness count as a status ailment? It's possible then to get a White Mage to use 'Esuna' to remove it.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

llearch n'n'daCorna

... if Amber had 13+ wis, do you think she'd have made con her dump stat? ;-]

Pagan

"It didn't seem like it would be that useful for a writer/artist! I'm in the back of the encounter, making doodles in the dirt! The bard is more useful me even."

Please get better, Amber. If you need more time to recover, continue resting. You've got my support.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

PinkKitty

Poor Amber... It seems to be tough time after tough time for her. Oh gods though... THREE days of how loopy she was on Sunday? Poor Mason, too! XD However a healthy Amber is best, so I wish the best for you, Amber, and for heaven's sakes stay healthy for more than a couple weeks at a time this time! =P

Stig Hemmer

Dearest Amber,

Take  care of yourself.  Please.

As Mopman said, stress can be harmful.  While you are recovering from a load of external stress, try to keep the self-induced stress to a minimum.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Alondro

Quote from: Jairus on April 09, 2009, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: Michael Chandra on April 09, 2009, 07:17:22 PM
No, I've got a better one.

Dalek Thay: "Identify her!"
Mason: "Alright, you wanna know who that is? That's the Amber."
*Daleks edge backwards*
Mason: "Five million Cybermen, easy. One Amber? Now you're scared."

Hee hee, Whovians.   :3   Or are you of the Prydonians of Princeton?