03/16/09 [DMFA #983] - Oh, Kria.

Started by Jairus, March 15, 2009, 11:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buhamet

Quote from: DarkAudit on March 19, 2009, 10:42:23 AM
A theory that hasn't been explored is Aniz getting run over by a truck ten minutes after leaving SAIA following the scene we just witnessed (or otherwise being forcibly removed from the picture long in the past). So Abel's reaction to the Ti'Fiona name in the present day is because of Dee, not Aniz.

I'm more supportive of this theory than most, due to being most likely. However, there are also other possibilites. Correct me if I'm wrong (which I probably am) but I think I read somewhere that Edward had disappeared in the dragon territories of Furrae. If that's right, then it's more likely that Aniz and Edward are two different people........... because Aniz isn't insane enough to attempt going into dragon territories alone

JackTheCubiWolf

you are correct Edward is in dragon territories ( i remember that now that i remember who he is)
also i'm sorry for all my stupid posts so no more stupid posts from me
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

Thought so. Anyway, can anyone think of what is likely to happen after DP's inevitable defeat?

JackTheCubiWolf

I know it most likely won't happen but before DP returned i thought about the possibility of him returning and Kira's daughter (don't hate me more because i can't remember how to spell her name her name) might get hurt or worse trying to stop the fighting, but Amber would never do that.
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

probably not, no.

Personally, I can't see amber permenantly killing off DP, either.......... he's like the main comic baddie

JackTheCubiWolf

Maybe DP will realize he can't beat Dan and escape just before Dan deals the final blow.
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

Possibly, but unlikely......... as far as I can tell (or at least my impression of DP goes) his ego is too large to tell him that he can ever be properly beaten

N-Cat

Sorry, I posted to late and this is more into the earlier theory by Buhamet but...Yeah, but if DP doesn't permanently die, then isn't it like comic book death? He'll just keep coming back, right? The point is is that he did have the power to be resurrected through Kria, but now that Dan is more powerful, and he could already beat Pegasus one-on-one, Kria knows that Dan is her daughter's friend, Dan knows how to permanently kill Dark Pegasus, it would be very, very anti-climatic to have him beat Dark Pegasus and not do it, right? IF you agree, the only sensible thing for Amber to do is to have a long, drawn out battle (pun intended), and then have Dan completely and utterly destroy Dark Pegasus' body.  Unless the Dark God enters into the equation, Dark Pegasus would stay dead, and that would be a very satisfactory  ending to me.  If you don't agree, then Dan should lose, and be resurrected through one way or another later and go back for a rematch.  At that point though, I think it'll be too much like OOTS- main character dead and all the others trying to bring him back to life.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 19, 2009, 03:11:34 PM
Thought so. Anyway, can anyone think of what is likely to happen after DP's inevitable defeat?

Not really.  For all we know Dan loses.  There's numerous ways he could be brought back if that does happen.

Quote from: Buhamet on March 19, 2009, 11:34:29 AM
Aniz isn't insane enough to attempt going into dragon territories alone

Actually, it makes a tad more sense if he did.  For some reason I was mulling this over on the way home, and my thoughts were as follows:

* Why would Edward want to go to the dragon territories in the first place?  The most likely explanation to do something so crazy is that Dee asked him to, most likely as some kind of spy.

* Given that 'Cubi are probably not the only Creatures to be able to read thoughts and minds, it's a safe bet that Dragons, incredibly powerful, know how to do it as well - possibly through external spells rather than as a built-in ability.

* If you were going to send a spy to the Dragons, would you rather send a Being - who has to learn how to shield their mind - or a 'Cubi who is likely to be taught counterspells the moment they set foot in SAIA?

* Biggs said that 'the only reason he isn't dead is because they don't know where Destania is and they don't know Dan exists.  If Edward was a Being it should be trivial to get that out of him - see above points.  Note that dragons don't seem to like 'Cubi very much - no surprise if they'd want kill an Aniz-Edward when they've got all the information out of him.

Is any of this definitive?  No.  But it's food for thought, IMHO.  It raises the possibility that if Edward is Aniz, he agreed to help her fight the dragons in exchange for not being destroyed.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Buhamet

When I said that DP was like the main comic book baddie, I meant that he was more of a case of a reserve character in case amber couldn't think up any new people to be baddies at a certain moment (meaning no offence to amber)

While I agree that Dan not killing DP would be anti climatic, I just keep getting the general feeling that, as a character who is a baddie, that DP is too useful for possible future plots. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, I'm just saying that it's my opinion

Also, good point Tape, I hadn't considered that

silentassassin

I predict a copout where DP is either forced to retreat or work together with Dan.  :bunny

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 03:35:25 PM
Note that dragons don't seem together like 'Cubi very much - no surprise if they'd want kill an Aniz

I thought they only hated Dan's Clan. (sorry if this is after a few posts I was having a little trouble with my computer)
I'm back, and tired.

silentassassin

QuoteI thought they only hated Dan's Clan. (sorry if this is after a few post I was having a little trouble with my computer)
Don't worrry we keep some posts alive for a while occasionally to discuss them so no problem. And I don't remember anything about the dragons hating Dan's clan.

Buhamet

Neither do I, but the sheer fact that Destania is still trying to end the dragon race at least shows that she was probably in the dragon wars. And her hatred can last a looooooooong time

being from the clan she's in, I think the dragons probably saw it as being a clan thing instead of anything specifically to do with destania

Tapewolf

Quote from: wildylover443 on March 19, 2009, 03:58:47 PM
I thought they only hated Dan's Clan. (sorry if this is after a few posts I was having a little trouble with my computer)

As llearch said, this isn't a chatroom - it's quite normal for someone to read a thread a few days after it was written.  We draw the line at a few weeks, though.

As for the dragons, it's been suggested that they were involved in sparking the clan wars in a clandestine attempt to wipe out the 'Cubi.  It's a theory that someone put around a few years ago.  It might be completely bogus, but it would explain a few things regarding Destania.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

JackTheCubiWolf

Ok i understand now
and the reason i was worried is i don't want to be banned
I'm back, and tired.

Lowde

silentassassin

Ah yes Fa'Lin's vague responses abound once more. Ranging from diabolicly inpricise to just what looks like her fun.

So yes there must be some grudge to the cyra clan maybe a very old grudge between the dragons and the clan founder. Given the age of cyra and the dragon race it is quite possible.

N-Cat

Wait- I thought it was a given that all dragons hated cubi and especially cyra.  Maybe it was just that they really hated cyra and anyone who supported them or something? Isn't there some reference to that? Or was it just in another thread someone said that?

silentassassin

Not sure it is only said that dragons hate cyra.