02/22/09 [DMFA #977] - Amber's a Gangstah

Started by Sukasa, February 26, 2009, 10:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jer-oh-me

I'm just wondering if Caleb is the lead character, a vampire, from the Twilight books. I don't know as I haven't read them, nor do I wish to even see them. But, my little sister, who has gone goth as I predicted she would when she was six, is in love with the series, well okay she likes it if I'm gonna be honest about how she describes her appreciation of the series. Anyway, yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

A quick google search has disproved this theory, but I distinctly recall there being a Vampire named Caleb, somewhere.

Jairus

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 27, 2009, 03:15:06 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 27, 2009, 02:43:14 AM
Amber created herself, and in doing so created me to create her! She is the beginning and the end! The Alpha and Omega! The cream and sugar! She is so powerful that the ensuing paradox matters not to her!

Wait... I've figured it out!

Amber is actually the Bad Wolf.

She creates herself. She scatters the forum posts and posters throughout spacetime, a message to herself.
So... does that mean we should call her the Amber? The Oncoming Pen? Doctor Amber? Is Fluffy her companion? Is her mechanical pencil actually a Sonic Pencil? Is her car actually a disguised TARDIS? Good gods, this explains everything!

I know I mixed up the Bad Wolf and the Doctor. So sue me. Every world needs a Doctor.
You know, I'll just hide in shame for killing the joke.

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on February 27, 2009, 03:27:52 PM
I'm just wondering if Caleb is the lead character, a vampire, from the Twilight books. I don't know as I haven't read them, nor do I wish to even see them. But, my little sister, who has gone goth as I predicted she would when she was six, is in love with the series, well okay she likes it if I'm gonna be honest about how she describes her appreciation of the series. Anyway, yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Aren't the main characters of Twilight Edward Cullen and Stephenie Meyer Bella?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Jairus on February 27, 2009, 03:32:11 PM

I distinctly recall there being a vampire named Caleb that girls were going ga ga over somewhere. And I just googled it, also, why are you aware of the actual characters' full names?

Jairus

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on February 27, 2009, 03:35:15 PM

I distinctly recall there being a vampire named Caleb that girls were going ga ga over somewhere. And I just googled it, also, why are you aware of the actual characters' full names?
Three guesses, and the first two don't count.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Akisohida

I can not find it but what about the comic asking if dragons are ticklish? Where the being went to tickle a dragon as a college prank and ended up marrying her? Could THAT be Caleb? :D
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

M

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 27, 2009, 10:22:18 AM
Speaking of which...if anyone was seriously wondering about the kirby-panel...

it may be better just not to ask.

It becomes infinitely more crazy when you add Bill Nye the Science Guy:U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Akisohida on February 27, 2009, 03:48:19 PM
I can not find it but what about the comic asking if dragons are ticklish? Where the being went to tickle a dragon as a college prank and ended up marrying her? Could THAT be Caleb? :D

This one? That's Brian Nickel and Burasi. No Calebs there.

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 27, 2009, 03:15:06 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 27, 2009, 02:43:14 AM
Amber created herself, and in doing so created me to create her! She is the beginning and the end! The Alpha and Omega! The cream and sugar! She is so powerful that the ensuing paradox matters not to her!

Wait... I've figured it out!

Amber is actually the Bad Wolf.

She creates herself. She scatters the forum posts and posters throughout spacetime, a message to herself.
So... does that mean we should call her the Amber? The Oncoming Pen? Doctor Amber? Is Fluffy her companion? Is her mechanical pencil actually a Sonic Pencil? Is her car actually a disguised TARDIS? Good gods, this explains everything!

I know I mixed up the Bad Wolf and the Doctor. So sue me. Every world needs a Doctor.
You know, I'll just hide in shame for killing the joke.

The joke is actually Captain Jack. You can't kill it. And it wants you. Well, it wants everyone...

Prroul

Okay, I've been lurking for a while now, but I've got an idea that I HOPE is wrong...

Caleb + Vamp, to my mind = Anita Blake series by Hamilton.

If you don't know of what I speak, be thankful. The first eight or so books weren't bad, although slowly decaying. After that, it took a sharp turn to the left and in the toilet. However, it both prominently features Vampires, and has a character named Caleb that is close to the main character, who happens to be a were-leopard... which probably looks very much like Abel if one were to 'cartoon' him... and the name is similar...

It's about the only thing I can think of...

Terrion

Quote from: Black_angel on February 27, 2009, 03:08:10 PM
(Non-funny side)

It's Abel. Caleb - C = aleb. Mix it all up and whaddya get? Bale, Ebal, Blea, Bela, Albe...

And lakobie? The intro thread is two diamonds up the main page from here. You can't miss it.

I'd also like to ask what power would Amber-Kirby have?

Crazy Art Powers, of course!  :3

I knew Kirby ate Amber!   :eek

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Prroul on February 27, 2009, 04:37:14 PM
Okay, I've been lurking for a while now, but I've got an idea that I HOPE is wrong...
Mr. Mutters!  *tacklepounce*
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Prroul

Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on February 27, 2009, 04:43:43 PM
Quote from: Prroul on February 27, 2009, 04:37:14 PM
Mr. Mutters!  *tacklepounce*
*mutter mutter* :sweatdrop

senrath

Quote from: Terrion on February 27, 2009, 04:39:38 PM
(Non-funny side)

It's Abel. Caleb - C = aleb. Mix it all up and whaddya get? Bale, Ebal, Blea, Bela, Albe...

And lakobie? The intro thread is two diamonds up the main page from here. You can't miss it.

So, he becomes Paint Kirby?

joshofspam

Now I'm confused. :erk

Aren't spambots used to post unwanted advertisements on forums. Never knew they could ask for other things besides money.

As for the rap did someone cut it to the seen or did he really sing to that tune? Never thought of of Kirby being gangster.  :ipod
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: joshofspam on February 27, 2009, 05:44:13 PM
Now I'm confused. :erk

Aren't spambots used to post unwanted advertisements on forums. Never knew they could ask for other things besides money.

As for the rap did someone cut it to the seen or did he really sing to that tune? Never thought of of Kirby being gangster.  :ipod

It's most certainly cut. Whether both tunes are actually the same exact speed I couldn't tell you, though.

GabrielsThoughts

I met someone who said they didn't like my comic ...because they weren't into elves. Ironically, none of my comics, including fancomics,  have ever featured elves, yet this girl made it a point to point out that was why they hadn't liked my comic.  :mwaha  :giggle  :rolleyes

later,  when I was trying to get server space... and had uploaded three issues to show off, someone compared my art to Neko the kitty. MY ARTWORK DOES NOT LOOK LIKE NEKO THE KITTY!!! I hadn't even read NTK until that point... and I still don't see the connection.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Mejui

Who was that other real-world guy early on, who served as Amber's sidekick before the TMNT doll? Was that a "Caleb?"

Also, to Amber: What sort of surface do you mouse on? It's possible that lint or what-have-you might be building up in the LED eye bit, if it doesn't like to move. If, however, the comic posed prior to this one has more accurate symptomology (it doesn't register clicking) then it may still be something to do with mouse cleanliness but I don't really know either way.

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Quote from: Mejui on February 27, 2009, 09:06:15 PM
Who was that other real-world guy early on, who served as Amber's sidekick before the TMNT doll? Was that a "Caleb?"

No, that was someone named John.

Anyway, I feel Amber's pain when it comes to technology. I've gone through, like maybe six pairs of ear/headphones, but yeah, if your mouse won't respond, then maybe it's dusty or something.

----------------
Now playing: Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
via FoxyTunes
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

Draken

Quote from: Silver Pomeranian Genji on February 27, 2009, 09:29:56 PM
yeah, if your mouse won't respond, then maybe it's dusty or something.

Ah, mouseboogers.  I hated those (when I dealt with a ball-based mouse.)

Not to cut the whole "mouse suggestion fun", but didn't Amber's rant say for us to cut it out? 

As for the whole Caleb thing, I think it's funny.  I have a god-brother named that. 
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

e_voyager

at first i thought they got the names able and cid run together as i have made many of the worlds worst examples of spelling by doing things like this while tires. (those of you whom know any of my allies in irc know this to be true) but with all of this discussion i decided to look for Caleb as well. best i found was a webcomic review web page. http://hiddensquire.com/webcomic_reviews.html and something called cowby Caleb
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Terrion

Quote from: senrath on February 27, 2009, 05:07:09 PM
Quote from: Terrion on February 27, 2009, 04:39:38 PM
(Non-funny side)

So, he becomes Paint Kirby?

I would think Wiku Kirby...  :3

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Draken on February 27, 2009, 09:39:22 PM
Quote from: Silver Pomeranian Genji on February 27, 2009, 09:29:56 PM
yeah, if your mouse won't respond, then maybe it's dusty or something.

Ah, mouseboogers.  I hated those (when I dealt with a ball-based mouse.)

Optical mice are also affected by dust/hair, I have to occasionally blow or pick some out of the sensor to make it work more steadily. scraping crud off the glide pads also helps give smoother/easier movement (less friction). *stops to do that right now*

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough (Loafer's Fatass Radio Show - KWKAT)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kamunt

Drop it like it's hawwwt, drop it like it's hawwwt...I had that song stuck in my head for the looooongest of times. Thanks, Amber, I really missed it! :boogie

cynical175

It's obviously the demon from the d&d strips of Commissioned. - Kaleb.

http://www.commissionedcomic.com/strips/2005/strips/album/slides/2005-04-27.html
http://www.commissionedcomic.com/strips/2005/strips/album/slides/2005-05-06.html
http://www.commissionedcomic.com/strips/2006/strips/album/slides/2006-03-06.html

It makes perfect sense, as demons are kinda like vampires, and um. Kaleb has wings and so does Dan?

... it made sense to me. yes. definitely. much more likely this, then someone sending able requests and not spelling right... :3