03/15/09 [DMFA #982] - He has a point

Started by Jairus, March 15, 2009, 02:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Chandra

Quote from: PhoenixMiranda on March 22, 2009, 06:16:09 AMMmm...nope.  As of March 22, 2009, Dan cannot fuel himself on his own pain.
I dunno, I'm gonna go with "near-death injuries kind of cripple you even if your pain may give you enough strength to stay alive".

PhoenixMiranda

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 03:39:34 PM

We don't know.  It has been suggested that Wildy smacking Azlan up with her staff when he died around 158 gave him enough pain to reboot, as it were. 

That wasn't anywhere near fatal, but it was enough pain to bring Dan back from an Aliph-inflicted gut wound that stopped his heart.

I see what you're getting at though.  The pain's enough to keep him from dropping dead on the spot, but the wound is severe enough to prevent self-healing.  Vicious cycle, that.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Remember as well, that pain and severity of injury do not perfectly correlate. Wounds to the face and hands are the most painful, as they have the highest nerve concentration on the body. Certain slim dagger thrusts to the ribcage or throat can miss the nerves entirely.

This probably lies somewhere in the middle. Also, if Dan is going into shock, he probably can't feel the pain, whcih might lessen his ability to use it.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.