03/12/09 [Abel 2 #48] - When he left her, he was but the learner…

Started by Jairus, March 12, 2009, 01:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 14, 2009, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: inuhanyo on March 14, 2009, 09:27:56 AM
And Aniz kept his clan mark covered all the while he was being Cid.  He only uncovered it to show Abel when he dropped the masquerade.
On the other hand, Cid didn't have the tattoo.  May didn't seem to approve of Abel getting his so she might not have liked the idea of 'Cid' getting one either.  Also, Aniz knew full well that if his plan succeeded, Abel would get the mark himself - the same mark as his father's - which would have screwed things up somewhat.

Do we know the timing between Abel's mark showing (May noticing it) and Cid/Aniz coming home and revealing himself? If it were at least a number of days, if not weeks, Aniz would have had opportunity to see it himself and would then be expecting the upcoming sprouting of headwings. Otherwise, he was still only hoping for an incubus son. What was Cid's job? Would he be home nightly or less frequently?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

Regarding May meeting somebody after the episode with Aniz beating her up, there is always the type of scenario as the following.

Aniz suffers from multiple personalities.

The Cid personality is actually caring and loving.

The Aniz personality is even more of a bastard than the normal cubi.

The Cid personality loves May and Abel and is a good father and husband.

The appearance of the second set of wings on Abel triggers the Aniz personality.  The Aniz personality kills Hennya, beats up May and Abel, and then takes Abel to SAIA.

The Cid personality returns while he is at SAIA, and the last meeting between Fa'lina and Aniz represents the Cid personality.  Upon leaving SAIA, he adopts the identity of Edward Ti'Fionia and befriends May.  Since he is once again loving and protective, he takes care of May for the rest of her life, promising to protect her from that bounder Aniz if he ever shows up.

Of course, some other comments in this forum would have you believe that Devin's father was a third personality of Aniz.

Once you get past this point, the idea becomes rather convoluted and hard to believe.  When discussing this topic, I feel a little bit like Ink (In itself, that is a disturbing thought.).
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on March 15, 2009, 01:30:51 PM
Regarding May meeting somebody after the episode with Aniz beating her up, there is always the type of scenario as the following.

Of course, some other comments in this forum would have you believe that Devlin's father was a third personality of Aniz.

If you meant Devin, I'm starting to think his father was an Angel, given the problems they have siring more Angels.

QuoteOnce you get past this point, the idea becomes rather convoluted and hard to believe.  When discussing this topic, I feel a little bit like Ink (In itself, that is a disturbing thought.).

Oh yes.  It's possible to push anything too far - the trick is to try and find the happy medium.
Remember: the improbable is not the impossible.  Devin's resurrection should have taught us that  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

inuhanyo

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 15, 2009, 01:39:27 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 14, 2009, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: inuhanyo on March 14, 2009, 09:27:56 AM
And Aniz kept his clan mark covered all the while he was being Cid.  He only uncovered it to show Abel when he dropped the masquerade.
On the other hand, Cid didn't have the tattoo.  May didn't seem to approve of Abel getting his so she might not have liked the idea of 'Cid' getting one either.  Also, Aniz knew full well that if his plan succeeded, Abel would get the mark himself - the same mark as his father's - which would have screwed things up somewhat.

Do we know the timing between Abel's mark showing (May noticing it) and Cid/Aniz coming home and revealing himself? If it were at least a number of days, if not weeks, Aniz would have had opportunity to see it himself and would then be expecting the upcoming sprouting of headwings. Otherwise, he was still only hoping for an incubus son. What was Cid's job? Would he be home nightly or less frequently?
May noticed Abel's clan mark in 28, but Abel said it had showed up two years earlier. That would have been when Abel was 22. 

#28 was the start of a sequence with Abel's family sitting down do breakfast, and "Cid" was present.  Abel got the letter notifying him of Cindy's death and her funeral the next Friday.   It was during the trip back that Abel's head wings popped.

Draken

Quote from: Naldru on March 15, 2009, 01:30:51 PM

The Cid personality is actually caring and loving.

The Aniz personality is even more of a bastard than the normal cubi.

The Cid personality loves May and Abel and is a good father and husband.

The appearance of the second set of wings on Abel triggers the Aniz personality.  The Aniz personality kills Hennya, beats up May and Abel, and then takes Abel to SAIA.

The Cid personality returns while he is at SAIA, and the last meeting between Fa'lina and Aniz represents the Cid personality.  Upon leaving SAIA, he adopts the identity of Edward Ti'Fionia and befriends May.  Since he is once again loving and protective, he takes care of May for the rest of her life, promising to protect her from that bounder Aniz if he ever shows up.

Of course, some other comments in this forum would have you believe that Devin's father was a third personality of Aniz.

Once you get past this point, the idea becomes rather convoluted and hard to believe.  When discussing this topic, I feel a little bit like Ink (In itself, that is a disturbing thought.).

Actually, I was thinking that she met up with a NORMAL Being person (not aniz at all), and through the centuries, Edward ended up being her great(multiple)grand son.  Thus leaving Dan to be related to Abel on his mother's side only.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Kittastrophe

Hmm, I skimmed through the replies, and if I'm not mistaken, this page hasn't been brought up. I might be wrong, though.

Looks like Aniz doesn't have much respect for his old teacher.

So, hmm. I wonder what Destania did to upset him. Probably something malicious, as the case seems to be with her.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kittastrophe on March 15, 2009, 02:59:05 PM
Hmm, I skimmed through the replies, and if I'm not mistaken, this page hasn't been brought up. I might be wrong, though.
Looks like Aniz doesn't have much respect for his old teacher.

Judging from Destania's later behaviour, I'd say that she was pissed at him.  Though we have no clue why.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Destania stated that she wants revenge on Aniz because of the pain he caused Fa'lina.

Aniz is sorry because of something that his clan did to Fa'lina.  Presumably, the fact that he was involved in his clan's activities is the reason for his period of banishment.

The point is that both Aniz and Destania are unhappy because of the pain experienced by Fa'lina.  My gut feeling was as follows:

Destania dislikes Aniz because of his actions.  Aniz dislikes Aniz because of his actions.  Aniz can't bear to be with Destania because of how it reminds him how it hurt the people at SAIA.  Destania hates Aniz's clan , but her dislike for Aniz is personal because Destania feels betrayed.  I think Destania and Aniz really like each other, but their feuding clans have pushed them apart.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.