02/21/09 [DMFA #975] - That dryer's always breaking down…

Started by Jairus, February 20, 2009, 11:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Goatmon on February 21, 2009, 06:12:02 AM
It looks very much like she's pulling it open and pushing it shut. 

I'm not seeing it that way.  Though in panel 2 in particular we don't really have the right angles (top or bottom edge) to see for sure what is going on.

It occurs to me that Devin's inability to hear Dan only buys him an extra minute or so.  When he brings in the sushi sandwiches or whatever, we may have a conversation much like this:

Devin:  "Um... where is the 'cubi emissary?"
Kria: "In the basement, destroying Regina."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

rabid_fox

Oh yeah? Well, I see it going like this:

"Er. Wither be thon incubus representative?"
"Thither in underhouse, ending Regina".

It's better in Elizabethan, and you know it is.

Oh dear.

Michael Chandra

Tapewolf

Quote from: Michael Chandra on February 21, 2009, 07:13:05 AM
Would be even better with mimes.
I think you'd need wing-tentacles yourself to mime it properly.

Darkdragon

Elizabethan? That just reminds me of Oscar Wilde.

"Pray tell, where is this incubus representative you speak of?"
"Why, downstairs, ending Regina. Pass one of those pickle sandwiches please."

Or older:
"Where be thy incubus vessel?"
"He abaft, to destroyeth Regina"

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someone mentioned wonder at Fi being strong enough to carry a tray. I'm more surprised that Fi is *reliable* enough to be trusted to carrying a tray. I mean, he might get bored and drop it on the floor, or forget to maintain corporeality or something.

But as for the Regina chase, I don't think she's done anything other than buy herself a little time. If Dan is competant enough to use his headwings as weapons, he can probably sense her emotions, at least enough to track her. He doesn't need to eat or sleep. If there's a back way out of whatever room Regina is in, Dan can probably follow her, and if there isn't, he can probably camp outside that door and wait for her to come out or starve. (Although whether he has the patience to do a one man siege is questionable)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 21, 2009, 08:10:59 AM
... He doesn't need to eat or sleep...

... He absolutely will not stop until you are dead! /Terminator
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lucheek

I'm rooting for Dan in this thing.  :eager

Kill the beast! Cut her throat! Spill her blood!

Michael Chandra

Hm... When re-reading the comic and considering whether or not the walls were an option (probably reinforced as well), I suddenly came with this in mind:

Devin: ... After that party, Kria had the major building supports and doorways magically reinforced to resist all physical damage.
Azlan: ... and that was the last time I took Neni to a party.

It fits so nicely. ^_^ Ignore me, I'm weird.

By the way, since Fi can ignore gravity, it shouldn't be that hard to carry a tray right?

Tapewolf

But as for the Regina chase, I don't think she's done anything other than buy herself a little time.

That should be time enough for Lorenda or Abel to bring him [Dan] back down to earth.

Akisohida

Quote from: Jairus on February 21, 2009, 02:21:56 AM
Quote from: Cvstos on February 21, 2009, 02:06:36 AM
Dang. Dan's thunder = stolen. By a door. That's got to hurt. In more ways than one.
Amber is really good at the whiplash from drama to comedy. It's a little scary, to be honest.

Aber is the queen of Dramedy!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2009, 08:51:15 AM
But as for the Regina chase, I don't think she's done anything other than buy herself a little time.

That should be time enough for Lorenda or Abel to bring him [Dan] back down to earth.

Will they want to? Kria hasn't shown any particular inclination to rush to Regina's aid, and Lorenda doesn't seem to like her either. The only way I can see Abel even finding out is if Fi told him, and Fi seems to be otherwise occupied.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

Gasp, we can't have old school transformers syndrome going on here (yea, the original cartoon show) you can't introduce a character just to kill them off a few panels later... it's just not cool when the possible victim in question seems rather interesting...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 21, 2009, 09:43:26 AM
The only way I can see Abel even finding out is if Fi told him, and Fi seems to be otherwise occupied.

That presupposes that Fi is going to remain in the kitchen and not follow Devin out.  Which I suppose is possible, though unlikely IMHO.

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 21, 2009, 09:50:29 AM
you can't introduce a character just to kill them off a few panels later...
I did.  So did Turnsky  >:3

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2009, 09:52:32 AM
you can't introduce a character just to kill them off a few panels later...
I did.  So did Turnsky  >:3
Yeah, but you brought them back to life on the very next page, Tape.

... say... what if Devin bit Regina just before she died, thus making her an Undead Demon? We know it's possible for Demons to become Undead, just not likely. I mean, it's not likely for that to happen, but... well... heheheh.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on February 21, 2009, 10:52:41 AM
... say... what if Devin bit Regina just before she died, thus making her an Undead Demon? We know it's possible for Demons to become Undead, just not likely. I mean, it's not likely for that to happen, but... well... heheheh.

I don't think Dan's intention is to leave her in large enough pieces to be resurrected.  Think Hennya.

Madmann135

It looks like Dan ran head first into a wall.  I would not be surprised if he had a headache after this.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2009, 10:56:48 AM

I don't think Dan's intention is to leave her in large enough pieces to be resurrected.  Think Hennya.
Eh, good point. Never mind, we'll need another crazy idea of how she'll survive.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

i think we might see dan seeing himself in a mirror, and realize just what he's becoming... that's my current theory on how regina survives...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Redeyessoul

Shapeshifting ...

If he could manage to squeeze his tentacles around the door ... And besides, Dan has awesome magical power, he hit himself (or Wildy) in the face with a rock when he was tiny tiny.  I believe he's also without his awesome Robe of Don't Get Hurt, and so might accidentally use his powers if no one comes to the rescue.

And Regina is not just recently introduced, she hit on someone ... Dan I believe.  I wonder if she killed everyone he loved and what not just because he turned her down.

thegayhare

Gasp, we can't have old school transformers syndrome going on here (yea, the original cartoon show) you can't introduce a character just to kill them off a few panels later... it's just not cool when the possible victim in question seems rather interesting...

Hellblazer did this a lot

An old freind of John Constantine was always showing up only to die in some horribly violent and gruesome way

Corgatha Taldorthar

Two points. Technically, Regina was introduced in comic #388. A pause of 587 comics ought to be sufficient to allow for the offing of a character.

Besides, Dark Pegasus was introduced in comic 148 and killed a mere 9 comics later. Even if you're only counting Regina as "introduced" in #963 when she bumps into Lorenda, she's lasted longer than her great uncle. :D

meany

Uh..forgive me if this sounds stupid, but won't Dan's own emotional/physical pain end up helping him since he's a Cyra Clan cubi?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on February 21, 2009, 01:52:09 PM
Uh..forgive me if this sounds stupid, but won't Dan's own emotional/physical pain end up helping him since he's a Cyra Clan cubi?

It should do, yes.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Jairus on February 21, 2009, 11:03:40 AM

Eh, good point. Never mind, we'll need another crazy idea of how she'll survive.

And then he might just recall Kria's advice: "Cremation Daniel.  It works wonders."

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 21, 2009, 11:12:35 AM
i think we might see dan seeing himself in a mirror, and realize just what he's becoming... that's my current theory on how regina survives...

But he vowed to destroy Regina years ago. which is why he's pulling out all the stops, and using his Cubi powers in the first place.

Lisky

maybe true, but at the same time, it seems he doesn't want to become the monster that he fears turning cubi will make him... soo seeing himself in the mirror, going full blown cubi, even if he felt it was justified earlier, could very well scare him into calming down...

Pagan

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 21, 2009, 01:14:04 PM
Besides, Dark Pegasus was introduced in comic 148 and killed a mere 9 comics later. Even if you're only counting Regina as "introduced" in #963 when she bumps into Lorenda, she's lasted longer than her great uncle. :D

Dag... That's a rather sad fact. Though villains are supposed to be axed shortly after being revealed. If they're that type of villain. And not the villain that never really dies.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Lego3400

Quote from: Jairus on February 21, 2009, 11:03:40 AM

Henya had been in a few pages before she was even at his house. She was there as a kid when they were talking about magic lessons, and she was the one Abel was telling about the funeral.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 21, 2009, 04:22:06 PM
[Henya had been in a few pages before she was even at his house. She was there as a kid when they were talking about magic lessons, and she was the one Abel was telling about the funeral.

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick there.  Jay suggested Devin might save Regina by biting her before she died.  I pointed out that unless he calms down, Dan looks like he wants to do this (unpleasant) to Regina, in which case reanimating her seems unlikely.