Shattered Innocence (OOC Thread) [M] )Closed(

Started by Noone, February 03, 2009, 02:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noone

Just to note, I (as a DM) have no intention of letting your characters go their separate ways... something always goes wrong. >:3

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm somewhat ill, just going to be making placeholder posts until I recover a little.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

sorry to hear that corg... hope you get better soon

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

llearch n'n'daCorna

FWIW, chemistry underlies much of physics. You can't make a telephone without knowing how to make pure copper...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Noone

Just to note, I made a small edit to my post... I got a bit confused about one point of Atharra's geography :/, it's been corrected.
Speaking of which, I added a map of Atharra to the first post... it's a bit crude but it should give at least a somewhat clear picture as to what this place looks like.

Lisky

yo, tipod, your kinda autoing the combat, as well as ignoring the fact that there are a pair of pointed, spear like tentacles heading in your direction....

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tipod

I'm still kinda adjusting to what forum RPs do and don't consider auto-ing :/ My bad. Lemme fix it.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Lisky

yea, i was in the process of working something out with kobra...

Noone

Generally, I think the rule of thumb for RP-combat is that the DM determines what attacks hit/miss. I don't think that there should be *too* many live combat situations in the RP, at least not ones that don't take more than a post to beat your target senseless. Still, usually combat goes along the lines of 'you swing, DM determines outcome.' I need to head to class shortly though, I'll probably have a more-full explanation up later. Generally, something like, 'I cast a magic missile, he explodes', is a no-no. I'll sort this out when I get back.

Lisky

soo, what do we do now that people have already posted?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Throw up our hands in disgust and attack each other randomly? I dunno. My bad. I saw everyone posting and thought I should get in on it.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

don't worry about it, what i had worked out with kobra was that i'd be reacting, pin her to the ground, and then things happen from there...

Tipod

Lisky

want me to post what we had planned out, and then you guys edit your posts from there?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Tipod

Lisky

Noone

Post is up, so congratulations are in order for managing to sort that mess out, good going guys. :)
Anyways, I suppose we can resume now.

Lisky

Azlan

Okay, um... wow, you all have like no lives or responsibilities do you?  This really needs to be handled better, as the whole scene just swallowed my character.  If there is going to be a consistent, rigorous posting frenzy like this, please let me know now and I will withdraw from the RP so as not to bog it down with someone who is on a kind of fixed schedule.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tipod

I just went along because I've had a slow week :<

Edit: Though now that you mention it, it has been a bit excessive. Eesh, I need to step back.

Lisky

actually, i was just studying yesterday, and while taking a break, everyone was on... yea, if i didn't have an exam yesterday, i would have been doing other things as is, i know i'll be slowing down considerably for a couple of weeks....

Noone

Sorry Azlan, I'll try to keep things more 'under control' in the future, I'm still getting the hang of the whole 'RP-GM' bit. It's a lot different than DMing D&D for sure.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Is it ok with everyone if I have Kedered suggest, and then auto the group going inside?

Tipod

There's pretty much little else for them to do besides hunker down, so once each character finishes whatever he's doing I'm fine with moving on to shelter.

Lisky

i think azlan might have a little more, maybe not.... and i've still got the demoness sort of impaled at the moment, though trying to get that sorted out...

Corgatha Taldorthar

Speaking of her, Kedered has a few more questions he'd like answers to, but that can wait until they get inside.

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Corgatha Taldorthar

Ok, I'm going to do a slight auto. If someone has a problem, yell at me here, and I'll edit.

Lisky

Edit: quick question, what do you suppose garis is doing durring all of this, as you forgot to mention him removing the other tentacle, or healing the wound, is he still attached to her, or do we go with the assumption that he's actually healed both wounds now and is free to look around?