Cordata, Working

Started by Nino, July 11, 2006, 11:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

Quote from: Kattuccino on August 09, 2006, 11:33:33 PM

HEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
No really, this makes me so very undeniably happy. He's PERFECT. XD All the little details are awesome. And his haaaaaaair. X3 Thank you so much. *clicksaves to add to sig later*
I'll send you a note on DA sometime tomorrow and then I will art you up, missy. <3

Nino

Quote from: Zina on August 10, 2006, 02:57:26 AM
Quote from: Kattuccino on August 09, 2006, 11:33:33 PM

HEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
No really, this makes me so very undeniably happy. He's PERFECT. XD All the little details are awesome. And his haaaaaaair. X3 Thank you so much. *clicksaves to add to sig later*
I'll send you a note on DA sometime tomorrow and then I will art you up, missy. <3

Awesome; I'm glad you like it. I'm very happy with how it came out too; his character design was VERY intricate so I had to spend a lot of time on the little details... and little details don't always come out that great since you're working with pixels as it is =P

Looking forward to it!

Nino

*sneeks in again* I went ahead and did a quick edit of RJ's Kita Cordate. And by "quick" I don't really mean quick, I mean quick by my standards. Yeeeeah.

Umm umm umm... hmm. Well hmm, what do you think? I don't know if you want me to describe what I did, but here are some things:
-I added shadow under the hairline
-Added another shade to the hair to make the transition smoother
-Placed the highlights so they didn't hug the lineart.
-I have this technique I call "fake anti-aliasing." It's basically when a color is next to an unlike color and there's no lineart to seperate it (the red in the ears to the grey, the black to lavender in the hair, the purple to grey in the tail) I stick a couple pixels of transition color to easy the seperation. This isn't always necessary, especially if there's only a small amount of one color (freckles, for instance). Basically you just have to eyeball it to see if it looks okay.
-I changed the palette just a tiny bit so the color of the clothes didn't look so much like that of the fur

Oh yeah, and I did a version with the same hair in a darker pallette so you could see the details in the hair a lot easier, and plus my friend Evelyn is really into the whole furry thing, so I figured I might as well make a Cordate of her fursonna (sans clothes... I'm lazy):

I'm going to go back to finishing requests now =) I might not get any done until after the weekend though since I'm going to be without a computer for a couple days starting tomorrow though.

tkg

Urgh... I have a sudden urge to go brush my teeth now :D

Seriously though, pretty awesome stuff there, Kattuccino. Makes me go all :mowdizzy and :mowmeep at random intervals.

Nikki

Quote from: Dakata on August 06, 2006, 10:06:07 AM
Awww. Gareeku's sprite-thingie is cute. :3 *Gives it doggy treats* (Oh, and the one Shadrok did is cute too.)

Quote from: ITOS on August 06, 2006, 09:48:54 AM
Quote from: Gareeku on August 06, 2006, 07:41:22 AM
Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 05, 2006, 07:48:24 PM>:3 *grabs and runs*
But I stole YOU! :O
So you stole each other and ran away? That sound kind of romantic, you know...  :P
....AWWWW. X3 Darn you, ITOS. I was listening to some romance-y music and now you made me think of Gareeku and Xze cuddling and stuff.

*Evil feminine dragon giggle*
D: 'Kata!!! Bad!! *mumblemumble*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sunny

*sneaks in*

Let's see if this thing works...

Edit: Yup, looks like it does.  Well, this took me I unno, over an hour, but I think it's cute. I had to do it in Furcadia's FSH Editor ( Much better zoom the MS Paint and i'm more used to it. )

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sunny on August 11, 2006, 05:59:46 AM
*sneaks in*

There's something a little disturbing about the eyes, IMHO.  Otherwise, good.
Now report to 'The Villa' for your introductory thread :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunny

*shrugs*  It's just how her markings are.  The eyes weren't moved or anything.

RJ

Quote from: Kattuccino on August 10, 2006, 08:54:26 PM
*sneeks in again* I went ahead and did a quick edit of RJ's Kita Cordate. And by "quick" I don't really mean quick, I mean quick by my standards. Yeeeeah.

>.< That is awesome! *hands over a basket of muffins* Thanks so much!

Nino

Quote from: Sunny on August 11, 2006, 05:59:46 AM
*sneaks in*

Edit: Yup, looks like it does.  Well, this took me I unno, over an hour, but I think it's cute. I had to do it in Furcadia's FSH Editor ( Much better zoom the MS Paint and i'm more used to it. )

You know, you can change the zoom in MSPaint to x6 or x8

Supercheese

Quote from: Kattuccino on August 11, 2006, 12:56:36 PM
You know, you can change the zoom in MSPaint to x6 or x8
But no higher... I like 1600% for detailed pixel work.

Also, MSPaint has indexing problems... saving as .gif almost never works like it should...

Odd

Wow those are so cute! Excellent pixel work  :mowhappy Do you still take requests for these?

Sunny

I know, but FSH Editor zooms in x16 and the color palette's set out already. That and i'm more used to it.

Nino

Quote from: Odd on August 11, 2006, 03:54:21 PM
Wow those are so cute! Excellent pixel work  :mowhappy Do you still take requests for these?

Yeah but it may be awhile

And I use Paint.NET to save my .gifs =P

Odd

Lol well I was going to request one of my character Odd but I guess you didn't like her very much according to your comment on deviantART  xD

Nino

Quote from: Odd on August 13, 2006, 04:48:18 PM
Lol well I was going to request one of my character Odd but I guess you didn't like her very much according to your comment on deviantART  xD

Oh no lol I joke about cat girls all the time. It's nothing personal against your character and I'll gladly make one of her.

Hey, there must be a reason they're popular, right?

RJ

Hehe, fluffy puppy :3

And I'm not surprised about the catgirls either... I remember there being a couple on the NTWF. *feels kinda embarrassed that she has a catgirl character too* >.>

Tiger_T

Naah. Yours is a Squirrel-girl. :mowwink

Oh, and... LINKY :P :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Nino

Quote from: Tiger_T on August 13, 2006, 08:07:49 PM
Naah. Yours is a Squirrel-girl. :mowwink

Oh, and... LINKY :P :rolleyes

omg... that is AWESOME! I want one!

And RJ, that is cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute <3

Odd

Quote from: KattuccinoOh no lol I joke about cat girls all the time. It's nothing personal against your character and I'll gladly make one of her.

Hey, there must be a reason they're popular, right?

Lol alrighty! I'd love to see one of her. xD And no hard feelings, I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not but nonetheless I thought it was funny. And they ARE a bit overly-popular.  xD

Anyways, you can see a full body picture of her here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29672360/

thanks!  :mowhappy

Nino

Odd: Name added to list

Topher: Your request is finished!

Like how it came out? I love it how the hair always comes out different in every one... who needs consistancy? Not meeee...

As always, if you need anything changed, just ask.

Oh yeah, and as a side note, I'm going on vacation for a week starting Saturday so I may or may not get any others done before then... I want to get something done for a contest that ends the 20th and that might eat away the rest of my free time.

Supercheese

I shall take another opportunity to say that things like these and yaps are awesome and an incredibly cute addition to the forum.  :mowmeep

Nino

ITOS

Quote from: Kattuccino on August 16, 2006, 04:18:34 PM
Quote from: Damien Holtz on August 16, 2006, 04:21:18 AM
You win the internet, AGAIN! :U

Haha, I must be good at this so-called "internet" game =P

I was disqualified. Apparently I broke against the rules.

... but you should be on the high score. :mowcookie
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Damien Holtz

Quote from: Kattuccino link=topic=536.msg21620#msg21620 date=1155759514Haha, I must be good at this so-called "internet" game =P
quote]

Why yes.

Yes you are.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Damien Holtz on August 16, 2006, 05:32:21 PM
Quote from: Kattuccino link=topic=536.msg21620#msg21620 date=1155759514Haha, I must be good at this so-called "internet" game =P
quote]

Why yes.

Yes you are.

Daimen loses? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damien Holtz

Nah, Damien is just too damn lazy to fix it. =D

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears