11/17/08 [DMFA #952] - Check and Mate

Started by !KCA, November 17, 2008, 12:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Mowser on November 17, 2008, 03:11:16 PM
I was looking more at the part about Able and Jyrras not being 'men' .  In the sense that men can be used interchangeably with human sometimes.  When I read it, I was thinking of it in terms of gender, rather than race, which is what I think was actually intended.
And as has been said before, some writers go overboard with trying to avoid the terms 'man', 'woman' and person and instead use 'male', 'fem', and furson, while others ignore that and use 'man', 'woman' and person regardless of species, human, furry or other. And of course there's a wide range of mixed usage in between.

Quote from: Minishear on November 17, 2008, 06:05:24 PM
I thought he wore glasses, not goggles.
When building stuff he may occasionally wear goggles, but so far I've only found him wearing (safety?) glasses in the lab.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lego3400

I was referring to the ones on his forehead that are covered in flour. They aren't doing him any good up there are they?

Corgatha Taldorthar

They aren't doing him any good anywhere once they're covered in flour :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Khy

On another aspect of the panel...

Why do I have the feeling that this is where they have 'the conversation?'

senrath

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 17, 2008, 06:26:45 PM
I was referring to the ones on his forehead that are covered in flour. They aren't doing him any good up there are they?
While the goggles might do nothing, they certainly look cool.  :3

Naldru

The goggles could be on top of his head now, but kept flour from getting in his eyes during his earlier mishap.  Some people have wondered how Jyrras could be such a messy cook and still be good at building things.  That presumes that he isn't messy when he builds things.  It looks like the creation of Deathbringer and her sister may have required a little cleaning up afterwards.  It is also possible that Jyrras's devices are part of the reason that Alexsis has the fire department on speed dial.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Somehow I think that Alexsi having the fire department on speed-dial has more to do with Dan and his incompetance than anything else......
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

stiletto

The title of this thread makes me think terrible thoughts.

Abel and Jyrras together alone? Check. Now.... *cough*

ANYWAY.

I find it quite amusing that Amber can make a comic about Dan in the midst of a dangerous battle or Abel baking, and both are just as interesting.

Slowtini

Quote from: stiletto on November 17, 2008, 11:00:12 PM
The title of this thread makes me think terrible thoughts.
Abel and Jyrras together alone? Check. Now.... *cough*
Oh GOD DAMN YOU! :<
This is what I get for checking on this thread before bed.

Why god! Why!  'A'

Nikki

Oh well, I want to see if this is going anywhere.
Abel changed his outfit, 'member? =3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Jairus

Quote from: Xze-Xze on November 18, 2008, 12:12:32 AM

Oh well, I want to see if this is going anywhere.
Abel changed his outfit, 'member? =3
He wears both. Goggles pushed up on his forehead, glasses over his eyes. So, yes, the goggles in fact do nothing. Can we get past that joke?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Reese Tora

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 17, 2008, 06:26:45 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 17, 2008, 06:29:27 PM
They aren't doing him any good anywhere once they're covered in flour :P

Sorry, jairus, but it needs to be broached using the proper argot before it will die:

"Ze goggles, zey do nothing!"
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Howl

How come his glasses spontaneously go away in 648?

Jairus

Quote from: Minishear on November 18, 2008, 01:57:08 AM

Nope, they're there. Look very closely, and you'll see that you're seeing his glasses in profile for those three panels: they basically look like a line balanced on his nose. There's a bit of them that extends down onto the bridge of his nose.

AndersW

Is it just me, or does Abel have less spots than in the past?  Compare today with #596, #862, or even his Cast Page.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on November 18, 2008, 09:29:04 AM
Is it just me, or does Abel have less spots than in the past?  Compare today with #596, #862, or even his Cast Page.

I go that impression, actually.  It would be a sneaky way to cut down on the effort of inking, and most people wouldn't notice.  Heck, it took some people a while to notice when I airbrushed all his spots out...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Naldru on November 17, 2008, 08:58:15 PM
...part of the reason that Alexsis has the fire department on speed dial.
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 17, 2008, 09:45:01 PM
Somehow I think that Alexsi having the fire department on speed-dial has more to do with Dan and his incompetance than anything else......
I hadn't thought about this in previous viewings... while looking for them, Dan had to subconsciously know (or see through the tentacle-heads) where the filters were.

Quote from: Jairus on November 18, 2008, 02:17:24 AM

Nope, they're there. Look very closely, and you'll see that you're seeing his glasses in profile for those three panels: they basically look like a line balanced on his nose. There's a bit of them that extends down onto the bridge of his nose.
Yeah, it's not like they're "Coke bottle" (extra thick) prescriptions, they're just for appearance, to (attempt to) make him look less "cute and cuddly". A sheet of paper (anything thin) turns nearly invisible when viewed on edge.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: John Jenkins - Five-Part Fantasy No. 15 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 18, 2008, 02:30:01 PM
Quote from: Jairus on November 18, 2008, 02:17:24 AM

Yeah, it's not like they're "Coke bottle" (extra thick) prescriptions, they're just for appearance, to (attempt to) make him look less "cute and cuddly". A sheet of paper (anything thin) turns nearly invisible when viewed on edge.
I'm actually looking at my own glasses right now: take away the temples, and the lenses area is actually pretty thin, even considering that they're curved. They may not disappear like Jy's, but they'd definitely be less noticeable in profile.

This also makes me realize that I see nothing wrong with Jy's glasses not having the temples.

e_voyager

yeah i find most glasses are like that even my own.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ghostwish

Quote from: AndersW on November 18, 2008, 09:29:04 AM

To quote Mrs. Williams..

"Narfing spots.."

So I think Abel's terribly spotless condition shall continue to worsen. :P