2008-11-03 [DMFA #948] Doesn't seem quite as noble that way...

Started by superluser, November 03, 2008, 01:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagardo

I'm pretty sure money is just one way she'll let him pay her, although she's probably only got one other way in mind. :3 Dan would probably just let her resurrect him and then kill him again if he should choose not to pay her in any way at all.

Psaakyrn

Actually, I think a more important question is why Kria's trying to rez DP to begin with. Granted they are family, but it isn't the demon's way. (after all, DP did fall to an adventurer, 3 times, so there must be some issue...)

For all we know, someone else may be getting her to do it, and if she doesn't it just means said someone else would just get another lackey to do it.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Tycoon

Oh the hilarity that could ensue from his pulling out a credit card...

Lucheek

...I wonder what the currency of Furrae is.

Also....
"Do you except MasterCard?"

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lucheek on November 03, 2008, 07:10:29 AM
...I wonder what the currency of Furrae is.

Also....
"Do you except MasterCard?"

Gah. Accept, damn it!

Except is "with the exclusion of; excluding; save; but", "only; with the exception", "otherwise than; but", or, in archaic usage, "unless"

Accept, on the other hand, is "to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor", "to agree or consent to; accede to", "to respond or answer affirmatively to", "to undertake the responsibility, duties, honors, etc., of", "to receive or admit formally, as to a college or club", "to accommodate or reconcile oneself to", "to regard as true or sound; believe", "to regard as normal, suitable, or usual", "to receive as to meaning; understand", "to acknowledge, by signature, as calling for payment, and thus to agree to pay, as a draft", "to receive as an adequate performance of the duty with which an officer or a committee has been charged; receive for further action", "to receive or contain (something attached, inserted, etc.)", "to receive (a transplanted organ or tissue) without adverse reaction", "to accept an invitation, gift, position, etc"

In this case, you're looking for meaning ten; to whit, "Commerce. to acknowledge, by signature, as calling for payment, and thus to agree to pay, as a draft."

Or possibly "to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor"

Geh...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakala

I know that grammar rule.  :boogie I also know when to use "Good" and when to use "Well".

Mao

Brunhidden

what gets me is she had that bill ON HAND, as though this was a regular thing that came up before.... perhaps DP stays dead so much is because someone is usually willing to pay. however if his sister is so mercinary, it beggs the question if someone hires her to do the raising, and who that would be

Quote from: Kenji on November 03, 2008, 01:50:30 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 03, 2008, 01:33:11 AM
Dan didn't choose the words "at any and all costs", he just repeated them.

When does Dan ever get a choice? Especially with women.

to be honest i thought he would not have a choice in wether or not he goes on a 'date' with the personable soulstealer woman, although by 'date' i mean' whimper naked in bed clinging to covers and trying not to look at who he is laying next to.

although, who knows, if he does not have the cash he may have to barter... or do as abel did and leave a few gigabytes of memories as payment
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 03, 2008, 08:13:10 AM
what gets me is she had that bill ON HAND, as though this was a regular thing that came up before.... perhaps DP stays dead so much is because someone is usually willing to pay. however if his sister is so mercinary, it beggs the question if someone hires her to do the raising, and who that would be

The invoice is probably her expenses for the ceremony so far.  It might be that DP would reimburse her when he's alive again, for example.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anri

I'm half expecting the amount to look like a phone number. ;3

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tikki on November 03, 2008, 08:38:51 AM

when in doubt go with the running gag

although kria would probably also have 'PS- i know where you live, its only a matter of time till you sleep'

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 03, 2008, 08:40:16 AM
'PS- i know where you live, its only a matter of time till you sleep'

What a wonderful way to get Dan to act like a proper incubus  :3

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 03, 2008, 08:44:13 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on November 03, 2008, 08:40:16 AM
'PS- i know where you live, its only a matter of time till you sleep'

What a wonderful way to get Dan to act like a proper incubus  :3

I don't see how living in terror of a visit from a Night Mare is fitting behavior for a cubi. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mowser on November 03, 2008, 08:47:13 AM
I don't see how living in terror of a visit from a Night Mare is fitting behavior for a cubi. :P
Well, if it's only a matter of time before Dan sleeps, the obvious answer is not to sleep, which AFAIK Dan hasn't got to grips with yet.

GundamDragon

Hi im new and id say that as far as Danny boy is conserened he probaly sell his soul be for he acts like a praper incubus

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 03, 2008, 08:50:52 AM
Quote from: Mowser on November 03, 2008, 08:47:13 AM
Well, if it's only a matter of time before Dan sleeps, the obvious answer is not to sleep, which AFAIK Dan hasn't got to grips with yet.

I know.  That wasn't the purpose of my comment.

Brunhidden

GundamDragon

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 03, 2008, 09:00:48 AM
chastity belt maybe?  kira traps sound humorous too

You mean the trapalin to spikes on ciling im going to do that the next time i DM lol

Shadowcatcher

Wonder if it's Kria's phone number that's written on that sheet of paper.

GundamDragon

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on November 03, 2008, 09:23:28 AM
Wonder if it's Kria's phone number that's written on that sheet of paper.

Well its been sed that running gags can work imen look at the gay joke they use.

Jairus

Quote from: Aleolus on November 03, 2008, 04:25:54 AM
Hmm.  I wonder how much it costs, exactly?  I'd be interested to know if Kria is playing Dan, or if she's being fair about the price >.>

If I recall, it costs about 10,000 gp.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 03, 2008, 04:03:28 AM
Vestigial virgins...
Ouch.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

mopman

This is one of the things I love about Amber's work . She creates characters with depth and multiple sides to them , simply the best.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 03, 2008, 04:03:28 AM
Quote from: superluser on November 03, 2008, 02:17:05 AM
Quote from: Reese Tora on November 03, 2008, 02:06:55 AMvirgin rentals

I'm trying to figure out a case where you would rent a virgin.  In virgin sacrifices, for example, they tend to not come back at all...

Vestigial virgins...

Are vestigial virgins, like, the remnants of virgins?  Cuz, they'd be like vestiges, or something... after they blew up... from bombs...  :B

By the way, what IS the price for cancelling the ceremony?

Why, IT'S OVER $9,000.00!!!!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmigaDragon

Blown up (or other violently destructive processes) isn't the only way to have a "remnant" of a virgin, but with a PG forum, we don't want to go down that route of discussion.

Dan could always forward the bill for ceremony cancellation to his client, Biggs (Destania), since he was hired (or at least sent) to prevent it.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Franz Joseph Haydn - Trumpet Concerto (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Tikki on November 03, 2008, 08:38:51 AM
*snerk-ka choke*  Priceless!
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Sofox

Corgatha Taldorthar

One has to wonder exactly how long Kria can stay bought. I mean, she's sort of one to do things at the spur of the moment. If I were Dan (I wonder if Dan will actually do this, he doesn't always seem to think things through) I would ask for the body or something, to make sure it doesn't get raised again. (Although that assumes that the body is necessary for a resurrection, which I think is a valid assumption, given that Kria stole it prior to attempting to raise DP)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Shachza

At the risk of being creepily attracted to whoever Kria may be based on, I LOVE Kria.

QuoteI'm half expecting the amount to look like a phone number. ;3

Half expecting?  After her "affair" with Jyrras I fully expect the note to include her number at the minimum, and require as much as payment in person.  (complete with directions to her personal cabin up in the mountains)
            <-- #1 that is!