10/31/08 [Abel 2 #34] - OoOoOo... I'm the ghost of the whiny dumbasses

Started by Lowde, October 31, 2008, 12:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

and for those of you who haven't figured it out yet- if it's too dark to read, highlight the damn thing with your mouse, and like magic, it appears!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 04, 2008, 04:17:15 AMPossibility, by "race things" I presume you mean ... and psychoses. Although that last should probably be psychosis, since he doesn't have more than one.
That we know of so far. :mowwink Oh wait, there's also Spiders.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Isaac Albeniz - Seville (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm pretty sure Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder, and therefore not a psychosis.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

superluser

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 04, 2008, 11:05:52 PMAren't phobias technically psychoses?

Psychoses are things like schizoid disorders or delusional disorders.  So unless the spiders are talking to you...

Maybe I should rephrase that.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Pheonix-IV

superluser

Quote from: Pheonix-IV on November 05, 2008, 01:42:48 AMI do believe this thread has been successfully derail'd.

We're now talking about Abel interacting with voices that aren't there, again, so I think that's pretty close.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Eagle0600

To the earlier-posed question of what Abel was trying to do earlier:

I believe he was trying to work up the courage to zip out from under-cover, drag Devin back into cover, and heal him enough that he doesn't die. I think any claims that he knew anything at all about soul-stealing can be pretty-much discounted (apart from knowing that certain creatures can do it).

Naldru

I don't think that Abel was trying to steal a soul.  I agree that he was trying some sort of healing magic.  But there is a possibility that it didn't work correctly.  He might have been able to stop the soul from leaving and moving on but not able to put the soul back in the body.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Eagle0600

The way I saw it, he had only just managed to work up the courage when Devin died.

AmigaDragon

Working up the courage, yes. Got it worked up (though late), perhaps not. And if he was hearing Devin's dying thoughts, that may have slowed down his resolve as an unfamiliar experience to filter through (interference).

Eagle0600

But basically, what that means is that he didn't do anything. Which still leaves us with a dead Devin.

Lego3400

Anyone else notice the image for the link to the page is 10 days off...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 07, 2008, 12:34:46 AM
Anyone else notice the image for the link to the page is 10 days off...

Yes, but it's not nice to post about Amber's typos.

In fact, I think it's even in the rules. Amber prefers to be sent an email or a PM. And since it's just a throwaway image, I suspect she figured "sod it" and left it that way.

It's fixed now, though...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears