18/10/08 [#103] - My soul is a what?

Started by Eagle0600, October 20, 2008, 04:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle0600

Was this meant in any way to try to help me get over the whole DMFA Cubi/Headwings thing? 'Coz it's not working.

Still I respect that there can be scary and frightening figures with headwings and backwings who can steal souls in this comic and they aren't necessarily copies of Amber's 'Cubi.

Tapewolf

I can only assume that her aim is to scupper the entire project.  If this is how their employees are treated, they're never going to be able to hire anyone again while she's associated with the organisation.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm inclined to agree with Tapewolf.

For some strange reason, your average mad scientist / headcase villain never has any problems with recruitment... even when the previous mooks were dropped in the shark pit for failing to deliver good news... And they keep getting told the truth, too.

I can't figure it out.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 20, 2008, 06:04:07 AM
For some strange reason, your average mad scientist / headcase villain never has any problems with recruitment... even when the previous mooks were dropped in the shark pit for failing to deliver good news... And they keep getting told the truth, too.

Page: "My liege, I bring news!  Lord Wessex is dead."
King: "This news is not so good."
Page: "Sire?"
King: "I LIKE NOT THIS NEWS!  Bring better news!"
[Page exits and re-enters]
Page: "My liege, I bring news!  Lord Wessex is not dead!"
King: "Good!  Let there be joy and celebration."
(Blackadder I, from memory)

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Eagle0600 on October 20, 2008, 04:52:54 AM
Was this meant in any way to try to help me get over the whole DMFA Cubi/Headwings thing? 'Coz it's not working.

Still I respect that there can be scary and frightening figures with headwings and backwings who can steal souls in this comic and they aren't necessarily copies of Amber's 'Cubi.

Veled is not, by any means, a typical Celeste.

Minor Spoiler: Real souls are invisible to normal folks, remember?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 20, 2008, 08:39:51 AM

I was wondering about that, whether we were seeing it as a video effect or whether it actually was visible to the others.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2008, 08:43:39 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 20, 2008, 08:39:51 AM

I was wondering about that, whether we were seeing it as a video effect or whether it actually was visible to the others.

Made a little clearer next page, but the folks there can see it; Check out the snakeheads looking at each other.

Brunhidden

people always forget the fun things an illusionist can do- cowing people into submission has to be so fun. at least im assuming shes just making a visible 'soul' image to make everyone wet their pants, i know there's tons of bosses out there who would love to spread a rumor they can eat your soul if you don't meet annual review goals

oh, and llearch- i would assume that your average mad scientist / headcase villain can get henchmen so easily is that in futuristic settings like this unemployment is high and you have a large pool of people who were just not smart/skilled enough to get a job that does not involve wearing a gun and shouting 'HALT! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!"
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"The hours are good, yeah, but now you come to mention it, some of the minutes are pretty terrible."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears