10/26/08 [DMFA #946] - Permission granted!

Started by Mashi, October 27, 2008, 12:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeedaeicMess

Eek. I know I've gotten inspiration from a lot of different sources. Sometimes I even go far enough as to say the exact mixture of "inspiration" I got... Though I'm only guilty of ripping off in one case, and in that one I totally admit it. Don't worry, Amber, it's not you, and I pretty much tell people right away he's basically a rip-off of another character - that character being Dante, and my character being an 'homage' of him named Reynard Fenris. XD

I have this habit of finding 'themesongs' for my characters, too... For example, a recent Paladin charrie of mine has apparently adopted "Holy Orders," from the Guilty Gear soundtrack.

I've so badly wanted to make an animated .gif of Sol Badguy saying "F*** you, I'm a dragon!" XD

Lego3400

My insperation comes from the oddest sources myself. I have creations that only exist if you take Sailor Moon, Zelda, Ragnarok Online, and a few other small things in a pot and let it mix into some type of totally unrecognizable mush.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 28, 2008, 12:43:33 AM
My insperation comes from the oddest sources myself. I have creations that only exist if you take Sailor Moon, Zelda, Ragnarok Online, and a few other small things in a pot and let it mix into some type of totally unrecognizable mush.

Wow, that illicitted headache inducing imagry.

Alondro

Quote from: icarus on October 27, 2008, 05:45:32 PM
on a less inflamatory topic...

who had a character they created after reading DMFA? or even modified for DMFA?

*Charline de Lyon, the super-ebil cubi who regards Fa'lina as competition and Dr. Ink as her great nemesis... has no idea who has done that!*  Can't name anyone off-paw...  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quite a lot of people.  Far more than have so far responded.  Myself, I have a particularly bad habit of going "Ooh, that looks cool" and borrowing it. 

My character - the guy in my avatar - was ultimately derived from the wolf-like 'Cubi in this strip:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_561.php
...though I probably wouldn't have gone with it if it weren't for the fact that DMFA doesn't seem to have many wolves.

Another one of my characters, Dorcan, was originally inspired by the dog incubus here:
http://missmab.com/Demo/Cubi03.php

...in both cases they have gone their own way since, which is as it should be.  At the end of the day, it was DMFA which made me even consider doing such a thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mashi

on a less inflamatory topic...

ffff

every single character I have :I

Turnsky

Truth be told, i get my inspiration from many sources, incase folks are curious, the Cubi in foxfire are primarily only aesthetically inspired by DMFA, i've discussed with a certain ferret to help add my own unique twist to 'em.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..